Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for staff review

Edit - this thread had undergone a clean up. The topic is not homosexuality and it cannot be discussed in this forum. Please stay on the topic which is in the OP.

As a Reminder:

Homosexuality may not be promoted* on Christian Forums. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Be civil please

Last edited:
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hope the show gets canceled and the entire family becomes homeless.

Why punish the entire family for the act of one? Josh was a child when he touched other children. That does not mean it's right what he did. But this happened 12 years ago and he has owned up to it. So to say the entire family should go homeless for something that happened 12 years ago and was the act of one of their 19 children is hateful and childish. I hope you learn of love and forgiveness that only comes from the author of love our lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't be surprised if he's been touching children recently.

He needs to be found out, and given the electric chair.

He's already dodged prison, yet his victims will probably suffer for life.

But it's all cool, he said sorry to Jesus one time.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't be surprised if he's been touching children recently.

He needs to be found out, and given the electric chair.

:doh:

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God can offer forgiveness. Why can't we?
I don't think it has nothing to with forgiveness. I think the problem is he fondled several children's breast and genitals, when he was 14 or 15 years old. He should have known better. Did he not know better? I don't know. It's typical for child molesters to start molesting children, when they are teenagers. Child molesters re offend and people are concerned that he could re offend and ruin others children's life. People are upset that his family is so against LGBT, but feel they have no problem with a child molester living in their home. Also the family pretends to be perfect, when this happened in their home. And people are betting these girls involved didn't get proper counseling.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why punish the entire family for the act of one? Josh was a child when he touched other children. That does not mean it's right what he did. But this happened 12 years ago and he has owned up to it. So to say the entire family should go homeless for something that happened 12 years ago and was the act of one of their 19 children is hateful and childish. I hope you learn of love and forgiveness that only comes from the author of love our lord Jesus Christ.

Trust me, the family will not go homeless. They are mega rich between the royalties from their books, their endorsements, and real estate business. And the reason the parents are partially responsible is because they knew and covered it up.

The fact is the Duggar family has got Josh help and repented years and years ago. Today Josh is married and is serious about his faith. So we will forgive him as our savior has forgiven us.

If by "help" you mean sending him to fellow sexual predator, Bill Gothard's, Institute of Basic Life Principles and then having him help a contractor friend build a house then I seriously doubt that helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
wouldn't be surprised if he's been touching children recently.
Yes I agree, nobody would have a clue, since many victim are either hushed up, and encourage to keep quiet. He has a little girl, so he has easy access and another girl on the way.

He was a teenager when it happened. He would have dodged prison time, like most juveniles. Many adult child molester get very little time, for rape of little kids. It often gets drop something smaller, like touching a child. Yes typically victims will suffer for life.

His father turned it in , had him go some where to get rid of his temptation and made him stay at a relatives house and do construction work. That's more than what most parents do.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The fact is the Duggar family has got Josh help and repented years and years ago. Today Josh is married and is serious about his faith. So we will forgive him as our savior has forgiven us.
Or he could be a typical child molester hiding behind religion.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I agree, nobody would have a clue, since many victim are either hushed up, and encourage to keep quiet. He has a little girl, so he has easy access and another girl on the way.

He was a teenager when it happened. He would have dodged prison time, like most juveniles. Many adult child molester get very little time, for rape of little kids. It often gets drop something smaller, like touching a child. Yes typically victims will suffer for life.

His father turned it in , had him go some where to get rid of his temptation and made him stay at a relatives house and do construction work. That's more than what most parents do.

What, was he 15 when it happened? I've heard of kids that young having the book thrown at them and receiving lengthy prison sentences for sex crimes. Then again, most of them were black teenagers.

Perhaps the Duggar family did more than what many other families would have done, but that still doesn't mean it was enough..

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What, was he 15 when it happened? I've heard of kids that young having the book thrown at them and receiving lengthy prison sentences for sex crimes. Then again, most of them were black teenagers.

Perhaps the Duggar family did more than what many other families would have done, but that still doesn't mean it was enough..

You have so much hate in your heart, first you want the whole family to be homeless and then you want him in the electric chair?? At least josh has got help and his victims and family forgives him. They say he is even a better person since he came back home from treatment, helping build a house, and having a police officer show him what happens if he didn't turn his life around. Not to mention he had fellow believers and family members help him and be there for him. He also confessed his past sins to the woman he later married. Today he is a better man for the trials and mistakes he went through in his childhood. By the grace of God his sins are white as snow and is right with God and the people that he wronged. Let's forgive as Christ has forgiven us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdmsanjose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have so much hate in your heart, first you want the whole family to be homeless and then you want him in the electric chair?? At least josh has got help and his victims and family forgives him. They say he is even a better person since we came back home from treatment, helping build a house, and having a police officer show him what happens if he didn't turn his life around. Not to mention he had fellow believers and family members help him and be there for him. He also confessed his past sins to the woman he later married. Today he is a better man for the trials and mistakes he went through in his childhood. By the grace of God his sins are white as snow and is right with God and the people that he wronged. Let's forgive as Christ has forgiven us all.

Did you think that MehGuy's posts, were to be taken literally? I don't think he has hate in his heart, no.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you think that MehGuy's posts, were to be taken literally? I don't think he has hate in his heart, no.

Yes I did take his messages literally. But if he didn't mean it literally I will publicly apologize to him. As I would like nothing more then love to be in all our hearts.

Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If by "help" you mean sending him to fellow sexual predator, Bill Gothard's, Institute of Basic Life Principles
In the Duggars defense. I doubt they knew that Bill Gothard's was a sexual predator. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Josh tips, on how not to get caught. Either way I hope Josh never re-offends again.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What, was he 15 when it happened? I've heard of kids that young having the book thrown at them and receiving lengthy prison sentences for sex crimes.
I knew an adult sex offenders, getting as little as 6 months. Maybe because he was a father to the victim. Also many plead it down to inappropriate touching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps the Duggar family did more than what many other families would have done, but that still doesn't mean it was enough
What would you do, if you had a 14, 15 year old founding a sibling? There hasn't been proof, he re offend. So maybe what ever punishment he got worked. I don't know.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be honest, I believe the shows done.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be honest, I believe the shows done.

Sadly I would have to agree with you on that. Even tho I do like the family and my wife watches the show, I also think they are done now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.