Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Then why did Jesus have to suffer and die on the cross, why couldn't God say to those who believe in him your sins are forgiven? Why the act of the atonement?
Answer my questions please.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
How is it justice when wicked people use it to do wicked things to each other and hurt them?
Clarification as to ACTUAL LDS beliefs--

God is 100% loving, merciful, and just. He gave unto us our ability to choose because He loves us. He also knew that people would mis-use this gift and do sinful wicked things, and separate themselves from Him. So He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whomsoever believes in Him can be washed cleaned of that sin, healed, and live forever with Him --- an astronomical gesture of mercy and love from God.

Now God is also completely just. Those people whom choose to sin and refuse to repent and come unto Him will be met with complete justice for their horrible actions. Those people whom are injured because of sins of others and come unto Him are healed, because of His mercy, justice, and love.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

God is 100% loving, merciful, and just. He gave unto us our ability to choose because He loves us. He also knew that people would mis-use this gift and do sinful wicked things, and separate themselves from Him. So He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whomsoever believes in Him can be washed cleaned of that sin, healed, and live forever with Him --- an astronomical gesture of mercy and love from God.

Now God is also completely just. Those people whom choose to sin and refuse to repent and come unto Him will be met with complete justice for their horrible actions. Those people whom are injured because of sins of others and come unto Him are healed, because of His mercy, justice, and love.

But when? God sits idly by and waits for judgement day to execute all justices or does he bring justice in this life as well? My whole thing is, if someone is doing wicked against me and I am praying for God to stop them from doing what they are doing against me yet they keep doing it, then why am i praying?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
But when? God sits idly by and waits for judgement day to execute all justices or does he bring justice in this life as well? My whole thing is, if someone is doing wicked against me and I am praying for God to stop them from doing what they are doing against me yet they keep doing it, then why am i praying?
God empowers YOU to get out of bad situations. If you're in a situation where someone is hurting you, pray for courage and strength to move away from that situation, and then use that strength/courage He gives you. If it's a situation with illegal activity, then that could be strength to call the cops. Or so many other things.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God empowers YOU to get out of bad situations. If you're in a situation where someone is hurting you, pray for courage and strength to move away from that situation, and then use that strength/courage He gives you. If it's a situation with illegal activity, then that could be strength to call the cops. Or so many other things.

We've called the cops and all that and they say they have done all they could. So the only thing left is to ask God to basically be the cops for me.....

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
We've called the cops and all that and they say they have done all they could. So the only thing left is to ask God to basically be the cops for me.....
I obviously don't know your situation, and I respect your privacy, so I'll go with a hypothetical example--

A person lives in a dictatorship with very cruel unjust system in place that actively hurts her and she is completely powerless do anything about it. Fleeing to another country is not an option. Obviously the suffering she feels is not the result of her wrong actions. So there's two courses of action, both of which should be pursued together:
- Praying for a change in circumstances to change / hearts softened / etc.
- Praying for her own strength to better carry the cross she has been given.

God always provides her the strength. An unrepentant sinner is always met with justice as well, though that is in the Lord's time and not hers. Sometimes our crosses / thorns in the flesh are not lifted in this lifetime, but God is always there for us still.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I obviously don't know your situation, and I respect your privacy, so I'll go with a hypothetical example--

A person lives in a dictatorship with very cruel unjust system in place that actively hurts her and she is completely powerless do anything about it. Fleeing to another country is not an option. Obviously the suffering she feels is not the result of her wrong actions. So there's two courses of action, both of which should be pursued together:
- Praying for a change in circumstances to change / hearts softened / etc.
- Praying for her own strength to better carry the cross she has been given.

God always provides her the strength. An unrepentant sinner is always met with justice as well, though that is in the Lord's time and not hers. Sometimes our crosses / thorns in the flesh are not lifted in this lifetime, but God is always there for us still.

Softened hearts are acts of God; that's why we ask Him to do what we can't do. If He can't do it, our prayers avail nothing.

Like I said, Joseph Smith wanted people to have the last word, not God!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

No Mormon or non-Mormon(according to your religion) can spend eternity with God unless they have kept a long list of Joseph Smith's commandments that are not in the Bible. Mercy isn't mercy if it has to be earned by obedience to law.

Doctrine and Covenants 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

“All blessings that were ordained for man by the Council of Heaven were on conditions of obedience to the law thereof.”
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith (2007), 164.

Romans 11
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed