Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Joseph Prince is 'Word of Faith'. He preaches the 'prosperity gospel', rather than the true gospel. Which is why his messages and prophecies will mostly be 'positive sounding'.
Yes, he is WoF. I'm not, and he's one of the very few WoF preachers I like to listen to. That's because he emphasizes grace rather than the 'prosperity gospel' or the other WoF distinctives, and in the preaching of grace, he's very powerful. It doesn't hurt that he's cute either. :p

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another caution I would point out, is do you really think humble ministers of the gospel should describe themselves like this:

With almost two decades of full-time ministry behind him, Joseph Prince has become the leading voice for a new generation of believers — ...

A founding member and pioneer leader of New Creation Church, Joseph Prince initially served as an elder and associate pastor. However, his appointment as senior pastor marked a turning point in the history of the church, which started experiencing growth at an accelerated rate never before seen in its history. Under Joseph’s leadership, the church congregation has grown by more than a hundredfold — from about 150 to more than 17,000!

Joseph’s humorous, personal and practical style of preaching complements the fact that he is an anointed teacher of the Word of God. His dynamic messages have always been centred on the pure gospel of the grace of God based on the finished work of Jesus Christ. He moves in a strong worship anointing, ministering healing and prophetic words by the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Over the years, Joseph’s ministry as pastor, teacher and conference speaker has helped to set many people free from guilt and condemnation, and caused them to fall in love with Jesus afresh as they see His love, goodness and grace.

I agree with you about this statement, Simon, but I know that when these preachers get over-busy with ministering, usually they ask someone else to tend to other details like writing their ministry bio, and they just trust that the person would write something correct and not out of line when they've been working with the ministry for so many years. I bet if you ask Joseph Prince, he doesn't even have a clue what is in his ministry bio statement. ^_^

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you about this statement, Simon, but I know that when these preachers get over-busy with ministering, usually they ask someone else to tend to other details like writing their ministry bio, and they just trust that the person would write something correct and not out of line when they've been working with the ministry for so many years. I bet if you ask Joseph Prince, he doesn't even have a clue what is in his ministry bio statement. ^_^

I hope you are right QC; and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, the buck stops at his desk in the end. He needs more humble people working for him, or should check how he's described on his own website.

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He shares my last name but is not of my tree. I would be the antithesis of metro myself. jeans, new balance and a work shirt. I have listened to him and hear a lot of love coming from him. You can teach anyone if done in love. Yes he is WoF and thats not all bad (shock!) Take the good and leave the rest. Just be sure to take the love!

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ To the ignorant, uninformed and prejudiced...
~ Jesus was Word of Faith. He was also the Word, and is the object of our Faith.
~ Think about it....
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

~ Jesus was Word of Faith.

Riiiigggghhht!

And all along I thought He was Vineyard.

~Helen Wheels

Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind. ~ Einstein

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon Peter

Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~ To the ignorant, uninformed and prejudiced...
~ Jesus was Word of Faith. He was also the Word, and is the object of our Faith.
~ Think about it....

Peace,

Leimeng

Hi,

It seems like you are trying to insult people on this thread. If that's the case, please refrain from that; it's not necessary.

Thanks,

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

It seems like you are trying to insult people on this thread. If that's the case, please refrain from that; it's not necessary.

Thanks,

~ I am not insulted, and it is not meant to be an insult. It is meant to get people to think, really really really really really think about what is being said.

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~ I am not insulted, and it is not meant to be an insult. It is meant to get people to think, really really really really really think about what is being said.

Peace,

Leimeng

Ok, glad it wasn't meant as an insult...

If I think about what you said, I believe just about everyone on the forum would agree that 'Jesus is the word' and is the object of our faith. But I fail to see how this makes Him 'word of faith' as in one who subscribes to the 'prosperity gospel'?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You're not alone. I can't really look at the guy. Too metrosexual.
He's a happily married man and father!

I think even in jest, these comments are ugly. Be careful how you speak of the brethren and especially those who have that kind of anointing. It's no better than the heathen and what they say.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think even in jest, these comments are ugly. Be careful how you speak of the brethren and especially those who have that kind of anointing. It's no better than the heathen and what they say.

Okay, well even though you weren't speaking directly to me, as you quoted Alpine there, I still take notice of what you said, and may I comment that no offense nor insult was intended by my words, as I hope none was taken! :wave:

Upvote 0

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Okay, well even though you weren't speaking directly to me, as you quoted Alpine there, I still take notice of what you said, and may I comment that no offense nor insult was intended by my words, as I hope none was taken! :wave:

Alrighty. :wave:

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2006
✟9,707.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I've sat under his ministry for almost 9 years, heard almost every sermon, read all his books and seen the fruit of his ministry (tons of testimonies coming in), so I think I'm qualified to say something:

He does have WOF influences but he does not believe or preach everything WOF teaches. Also, I think any preacher growing up who wants a successful ministry with Holy Ghost power would inevitably read 'WOF' type books, simply becos the other types of traditional books just lack the 'power'.

That aside I can tell you that his real calling is to preach the gospel of grace the way it was originally preached by Paul -- pure and unadulterated to the point that some people misunderstand you ("What!? Shall we sin more that grace may abound?!")

So his main topics are grace vs law, righteousness, forgiveness and most of all, the finished work of Jesus at the cross. If he teaches other topics, such as healing or tithing, then it would be from the perspective of grace.

A reason he is so successful with thousands queing up for hours to hear him every Sun is that he has a strong teaching gift. He is able to draw Christ out of both the new and esp the old testaments. IOW, he is able to give his listeners the Emmaus Road experience -- making them see Christ in the Word.

If anything, he points people to Jesus and His finished work. His heart is to exalt Christ in the church, or as he would say, bring the Ark back to the church.

Anyone who has listened to him with an open mind and heart for some time will find all that I've said very true.

I'm not here to exalt the man, but if you want more of Jesus in your life, he is the man to point you to Him and to reveal Him to you. :)

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, DWJL. He is rare in his ability to receive grace and to pass it on.

Sadly, most preachers are afraid of kindness, but the kindness of God leads to repentance, (changing one's mind about/toward God) so a preacher needs to be kind to be effective, because then hearts willingly unlock to hear his words. Joseph Prince is kind.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know little about his teaching but I still think he has funny looking hair. I won't apologize either. You either have funny looking hair or you don't!

I have to say you're pretty close to saying Touch not my anointed...or else!

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I know little about his teaching but I still think he has funny looking hair. I won't apologize either. You either have funny looking hair or you don't!

I have to say you're pretty close to saying Touch not my anointed...or else!
Well, I think he looks really good, including his hair. I'd date him if he wasn't married. :p

Upvote 0

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟10,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
QFT.......it's all about Jesus......Pastor Prince unveils Jesus every time he preaches, like no other pastor I've ever heard! :amen:

I've sat under his ministry for almost 9 years, heard almost every sermon, read all his books and seen the fruit of his ministry (tons of testimonies coming in), so I think I'm qualified to say something:

He does have WOF influences but he does not believe or preach everything WOF teaches. Also, I think any preacher growing up who wants a successful ministry with Holy Ghost power would inevitably read 'WOF' type books, simply becos the other types of traditional books just lack the 'power'.

That aside I can tell you that his real calling is to preach the gospel of grace the way it was originally preached by Paul -- pure and unadulterated to the point that some people misunderstand you ("What!? Shall we sin more that grace may abound?!")

So his main topics are grace vs law, righteousness, forgiveness and most of all, the finished work of Jesus at the cross. If he teaches other topics, such as healing or tithing, then it would be from the perspective of grace.

A reason he is so successful with thousands queing up for hours to hear him every Sun is that he has a strong teaching gift. He is able to draw Christ out of both the new and esp the old testaments. IOW, he is able to give his listeners the Emmaus Road experience -- making them see Christ in the Word.

If anything, he points people to Jesus and His finished work. His heart is to exalt Christ in the church, or as he would say, bring the Ark back to the church.

Anyone who has listened to him with an open mind and heart for some time will find all that I've said very true.

I'm not here to exalt the man, but if you want more of Jesus in your life, he is the man to point you to Him and to reveal Him to you. :)

Upvote 0

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

QFT! :thumbsup::amen::clap::wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.