Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He can set up his own website. Or he can go shout at people in the street by the bins near Tesco. He can say anything he likes.

But if the supplier of the internet service he wants to use has rules that this guys breaks he gets booted. Cause and effect. He knows the rules.

Very much like how I would get booted from this website if I spoke in an inappropriate way about the other people who use this site. Cause and effect. I know the rules.

Do you see what I mean?

How many people do you think this website reaches? 2000? 3000? If you are trying to make a point to the world about a certain person, place or thing, you usually use a website that reaches the world not a few thousand people. I have read comments way worse about conservatives from liberal people and they are accepted by these larger websites. If these websites are going to allow it going one way then they need to allow it going the other way.

But like I said conservatives will catch up in the social media software department and facebook (or is it META now), twitter, and tik-tok will be long forgotten.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thing is that conservatives USED to control it all. There is no reason to think that they will regain control.

Sorry to say, but the tide is turning quickly back in our favor thanks to the mess of the Biden Presidency and (as usual) the liberal-minded mainstream media trying to shove their ideals down American's throats (pro-abortion, LGBTQ2... issues, 1619 alternate universe history, global warming hysteria, anti-Christian rhetoric, etc).

I don't want a total shift to the far right. I just want life to go back to a more central place.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have never understood the JP worship of the right.

I actually understand his appeal a bit.

Granted, he's still a psychology professor (which is I think is largely a frivolous, subjective soft science, and think it's barely better than philosophy on the "frivolous degree - o - meter", and is one of the fields that embodies the "those who can't do, teach" saying)

...but putting my lack of respect for his job aside, I think the appeal is that he "sounds smart when articulating some of their viewpoints"

I don't know that they necessarily worship him...he has quite a few views that are at direct odds with the American right (though he may still be considered to be conservative by Canadian standards where he's from)

I think it's just a case where people are always going to cling to a "smart-sounding" person who shares some of their views and can conduct themselves fairly well in a debate environment.

You have a few of those personalities on the left as well that some people gravitate to.

One example that comes to mind would be someone like Cornel West...if you watch him in a debate environment, you can see that he has a certain charisma with the way he speaks that keep people engaged, but if you were read the transcripts of one of his debates, much like with JP, it's pretty clear that the substance leaves something to be desired as it's a lot of circular reasoning, self-contradicting, and the little debate trick of reframing the question or "answering the question they didn't ask"

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He was right about that too. He pointed out that it's literally an athletic magazine showing a woman's unhealthy body.
It’s the cover of the swimsuit issue, not a piece on cardio training or weight loss. Why would her body need to fit yours or Jordan Peterson’s standards of beauty?

Reactions: SeditThis
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Agreed. The man has become more and more unhinged in recent years. He needs to stop lecturing young people on psychology. Physician, heal thyself!

Social media platforms often have rules that preclude disparaging or attacking people, and Peterson couldn't abide by those rules, so he deserves what he gets.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Being a tomboy doesn't make me a man. It makes me a woman with characteristics attributed to men. But I'm a still woman nonetheless. Removing body parts won't change that. Nor will hormones.

Being a tomboy isn't the same as being transsexual. Don't confuse gender expression with gender identity.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He was right about that too. He pointed out that it's literally an athletic magazine showing a woman's unhealthy body.
Yet he would probably blame single women for not giving unattractive men a "chance."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I've heard some stuff from him....

He's alright. The tweet seems a bit rude. If she's going around announcing her surgical treatment to the public....she should expect a variety of responses.

What part actually violates Twitter rules?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He can set up his own website. Or he can go shout at people in the street by the bins near Tesco. He can say anything he likes.

But if the supplier of the internet service he wants to use has rules that this guys breaks he gets booted. Cause and effect. He knows the rules.

Very much like how I would get booted from this website if I spoke in an inappropriate way about the other people who use this site. Cause and effect. I know the rules.

Do you see what I mean?

This website presents itself as a discussion board for Christians.

They announce who they are biased towards and who they are likely to exclude.

If Twitter wants to be left wing propaganda....they should label themselves appropriately. "Twitter, where the left can hear itself and pretend everyone agrees".....something like that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I actually understand his appeal a bit.

Granted, he's still a psychology professor (which is I think is largely a frivolous, subjective soft science, and think it's barely better than philosophy on the "frivolous degree - o - meter", and is one of the fields that embodies the "those who can't do, teach" saying)

Let's at least give them credit for having a couple of measurable facets of the mind. The Big 5 has held up over time, IQ tests, and diagnostic methods have improved over time...

But yeah...still largely theoretical. I tend to put psychology at the top of the soft sciences, closest to the hard sciences, because it contains fields like cognitive nueropsychology that are increasingly building explanatory models.

]
...but putting my lack of respect for his job aside, I think the appeal is that he "sounds smart when articulating some of their viewpoints"

I only saw his initial viral video and the Cathy Newman interview.

It's good to see a professor stand up for himself despite a rather relentless attack on his character. I don't really care what his stance was....he didn't give in to a childish mob.

I also watched a lecture where he broke down a Disney movie....thematically. Pinocchio I think.

I don't know that they necessarily worship him...he has quite a few views that are at direct odds with the American right (though he may still be considered to be conservative by Canadian standards where he's from)

I think it's just a case where people are always going to cling to a "smart-sounding" person who shares some of their views and can conduct themselves fairly well in a debate environment.

You have a few of those personalities on the left as well that some people gravitate to.

One example that comes to mind would be someone like Cornel West...if you watch him in a debate environment, you can see that he has a certain charisma with the way he speaks that keep people engaged, but if you were read the transcripts of one of his debates, much like with JP, it's pretty clear that the substance leaves something to be desired as it's a lot of circular reasoning, self-contradicting, and the little debate trick of reframing the question or "answering the question they didn't ask"

Yeah I don't know what intellectuals exist on the left anymore. He's a pop psychologist. I don’t expect him to be Sam Harris in a debate on anything.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would gender appropriation be amazing?

If we're doing that....I'm a mentally handicapped pansexual asexual non-binary black unicorn.

I demand a seat at the head of all tables of power. There are none so oppressed as I.

Now gimme.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Social media platforms often have rules that preclude disparaging or attacking people, and Peterson couldn't abide by those rules, so he deserves what he gets.

Do you think those are applied equally? The rules I mean.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,735.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, nothing Jordan Peterson wrote in that tweet is promoting violence, threatening or harassment. But given how much a certain segment of the left have diluted words such as violence, I would not be surprised if stating that pride is a sin or misgendering are now considered promoting violence, threats and/or harassment.

In my opinion the worst thing he wrote was that he called the physician a criminal. I'm sure what the physician did was legal. So if my legal jargon is correct I think what Jordan Peterson wrote could be considered libel.

And if Jordan Peterson was able to be suspended for that tweet then this person openly calling for violence most definitely should be suspended. This tweet has been up for over a week and yet the person seems to be able to continue to tweet. It's not a good look for Twitter suspending JP but apparently giving this person a pass. I'll give it another week.

FWC-EFDX0AE4-kp.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1540398670658654208?cxt=HHwWgMC-kb-bzOAqAAAA

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If Twitter wants to be left wing propaganda....they should label themselves appropriately. "Twitter, where the left can hear itself and pretend everyone agrees".....something like that.
They do. It’s obvious from their T and Cs. Only an idiot couldn’t tell that just from reading it when they sign up.

I don’t think Peterson is an idiot. I think he knew exactly what would happen when he posted.

Upvote 0