Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this is the right place for this. However, I thought folks here
where get a lot out of Dr Jordan Peterson's interview with
Dr. Christopher Kaczor, Dr. Matthew Petrusek, as they discuss their
new book “Jordan Peterson, God and Christianity."

They get into the existence of God and defining what "faith" is.

Irkle Berserkle

Supporter
Dec 25, 2021
Arizona
✟16,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'm just a natural contrarian, or perhaps almost 72 years of living have made me highly skeptical of almost everyone and everything. The Jordan Peterson Phenomenon has left me completely cold. The comments after this video sound very much like the worship of a cult figure, and Peterson seems to be milking it for all it's worth. I see he's a devotee of Kierkegaard and Tillich, both of whom fascinated me for a time. Well, take him for what he's worth to you, I guess, but I have an ingrained antipathy to these characters who burst on the scene as the Latest Thing and really don't say anything we haven't heard before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeingThere

Dec 28, 2021
California
✟10,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I'm just a natural contrarian, or perhaps almost 72 years of living have made me highly skeptical of almost everyone and everything. The Jordan Peterson Phenomenon has left me completely cold. The comments after this video sound very much like the worship of a cult figure, and Peterson seems to milking it for all it's worth. I see he's a devotee of Kierkegaard and Tillich, both of whom fascinated me for a time. Well, take him for what he's worth to you, I guess, but I have an ingrained antipathy to these characters who burst on the scene as the Latest Thing and really don't say anything we haven't heard before.

I don't disagree that people unfortunately place him as an authority. I don't think he ever wanted that, seeing how he emphasizes personal responsibility and sovereignty over one's life. I personally think he is a necessary voice for this age, in which hurt and offense is worshipped, there are no apologies allowed, and ideological tribalism is rampant. His main message is that ideas should not divide people, in short.

• Agree
Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0