Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And it is true. it may have been done silently. But the fact that he is still in involved with some GOArch activities and parish functions as well as even be considered by any Orthodox to be a crown-bearer tells me that perhaps the message needs to be made more public like a message sent to all bishops and then to all priests. From there the priest can just be aware of this and not work in any functions with him. Many of them just may not know and on things like excommunication, most priests I have known will not act on those unless they know somethign from THEIR bishop.

Well, it would be nice if Light & Life did say something about it ("Jordan Bajis is pastor of such-and-such church which is not in communion with any Orthodox jurisdiction" or something to that effect).

But I have to say that every time I've heard Common Ground mentioned in conversation (I've never read it myself), the person mentioning it has always noted that Bajis is no longer Orthodox, that he's an apostate, etc.

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, it would be nice if Light & Life did say something about it ("Jordan Bajis is pastor of such-and-such church which is not in communion with any Orthodox jurisdiction" or something to that effect).

But I have to say that every time I've heard Common Ground mentioned in conversation (I've never read it myself), the person mentioning it has always noted that Bajis is no longer Orthodox, that he's an apostate, etc.
I just got an email from a Sales Rep at Light and Life and they said that "If the book is reprinted, we will consider adding an explanatory note about the author."

Anyway, just thought I would offer that.

Xpy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.