Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Alright, I'll attempt to offer my thoughts as the video progresses, trying to offer time stamps for reference.

0:50. So the use of the shawl and shofar in combination with "for America" rhetoric already makes me a bit uncomfortable. I anticipate "America as Israel" language, with American exceptionalism and triumphalism, and the idea that America is a special, chosen nation by God. But let's continue.

1:30. John Winthrop, yep my suspicions are probably going to be correct. Of course the problem with his use here is that the Puritans were kinda-sorta interested in creating a theocratic society, which is fundamentally at odds with the principles of the Enlightenment which the founding fathers used to establish their republic. But, let's continue again.

2:00. Hah! Yup, "two civilizations" Israel and America. So here we have "America is Israel" in about as clear of terms as we can find. So there's still almost 12 minutes left.

2:11. "The founding of America was based on the template of ancient Israel." Well that's a crock of bovine excrement. Where did this guy study American history? Has he even read anything which the American founders wrote? Does he not understand that the founders looked to the Enlightenment ideas of John Locke, to the Roman republican era and the Greek city states, namely Athens? I hate to break it to this guy, but ancient Israel wasn't a secular democracy or a republic, its laws were based on God's Torah which He had given the ancient Israelites for their covenant with God to be His nation. The United States looked to the principles of liberal democracy, and classical Rome and Greece as influences. Oy veh.

2:39. What blessings exactly? God definitely said that He would bless Abraham, giving him a son through his wife Sarah, and through Isaac and then Jacob came the Twelve Patriarchs, and through them Israel and through Israel came Jesus the Messiah, our Lord, being the fullness of promise and that, in Him and by Him, we as His Church have received the blessing of Abraham; for we are God's people chosen in Jesus Christ by His boundless mercy and grace, that through faith in Jesus we are freely justified, and made the one new people of God in Christ Jesus, to our eternal and future hope in the World to Come. Where did God ever make this or any other promise to any other nation, America or otherwise? He hasn't. Further, again I would look to America's history--our history as a nation has been littered with the blood and bones of men and women who often went against the status quo--having shed the blood of the indigenous nations, kept other human beings as slaves until 1865, after 1865 passing Jim Crow laws and other laws to discriminate against people based solely on the color of their skin. Don't look to America's past for God's blessings, if you desire the blessings of God in this country then stand up for justice on behalf of the poor, the discriminated, the hungry, the needy, the outcast, and the unwanted. But I suspect we are going to hear how standing up for justice and mercy is precisely why America is "no longer great" or similar.

3:21. Temples, idols. If he starts talking about "Seven Mountains" or how Christians need to "take America back", then I don't know how much more of this I'll be able to sit through.

3:57. Since when was George Washington one of the prophets? Also, Washington was a rather irreligious person, but I suspect facts aren't going to be terribly relevant in this video given its course within just the first four minutes.

4:40. Is he talking about the marriage equality ruling by the Supreme Court? Well, in that case. I'm done with this video. I doubt having come downhill this fast it's going to be going uphill anytime soon.

This is what happens when Christianity is perverted, and its language coopted by those who would bow down before the golden calfs of American exceptionalism and American triumphalism. Who have been consumed by the perverse doctrines of the Dominionists and the Religious Right.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us sinners.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's a shame this forum doesn't get as much attention from Christians as the secular one.
Mr.Cahn is right to ask this question. The answer would appear to be Satan himself.

Great speech. America is becoming not even a shadow of its former self and by law. The antithesis of righteous living, moral foundation and Christian values. Soon, probably within the next span of a generational time table, if Christianity is still legal Christians will be praying to be saved from the state of society in this country and her government.
What a wicked shame.

That's a bit presumptuous. You want others to give you their synopsis so that you can go from there and comment on the speech itself? If you won't spend 14 minutes to learn what it is we're talking about don't comment at all.
Keeping in mind it's 14 minutes you cannot get back, don't waste it on this clown.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Alright, I'll attempt to offer my thoughts as the video progresses, trying to offer time stamps for reference.

0:50. So the use of the shawl and shofar in combination with "for America" rhetoric already makes me a bit uncomfortable. I anticipate "America as Israel" language, with American exceptionalism and triumphalism, and the idea that America is a special, chosen nation by God. But let's continue.

1:30. John Winthrop, yep my suspicions are probably going to be correct. Of course the problem with his use here is that the Puritans were kinda-sorta interested in creating a theocratic society, which is fundamentally at odds with the principles of the Enlightenment which the founding fathers used to establish their republic. But, let's continue again.

2:00. Hah! Yup, "two civilizations" Israel and America. So here we have "America is Israel" in about as clear of terms as we can find. So there's still almost 12 minutes left.

2:11. "The founding of America was based on the template of ancient Israel." Well that's a crock of bovine excrement. Where did this guy study American history? Has he even read anything which the American founders wrote? Does he not understand that the founders looked to the Enlightenment ideas of John Locke, to the Roman republican era and the Greek city states, namely Athens? I hate to break it to this guy, but ancient Israel wasn't a secular democracy or a republic, its laws were based on God's Torah which He had given the ancient Israelites for their covenant with God to be His nation. The United States looked to the principles of liberal democracy, and classical Rome and Greece as influences. Oy veh.

2:39. What blessings exactly? God definitely said that He would bless Abraham, giving him a son through his wife Sarah, and through Isaac and then Jacob came the Twelve Patriarchs, and through them Israel and through Israel came Jesus the Messiah, our Lord, being the fullness of promise and that, in Him and by Him, we as His Church have received the blessing of Abraham; for we are God's people chosen in Jesus Christ by His boundless mercy and grace, that through faith in Jesus we are freely justified, and made the one new people of God in Christ Jesus, to our eternal and future hope in the World to Come. Where did God ever make this or any other promise to any other nation, America or otherwise? He hasn't. Further, again I would look to America's history--our history as a nation has been littered with the blood and bones of men and women who often went against the status quo--having shed the blood of the indigenous nations, kept other human beings as slaves until 1865, after 1865 passing Jim Crow laws and other laws to discriminate against people based solely on the color of their skin. Don't look to America's past for God's blessings, if you desire the blessings of God in this country then stand up for justice on behalf of the poor, the discriminated, the hungry, the needy, the outcast, and the unwanted. But I suspect we are going to hear how standing up for justice and mercy is precisely why America is "no longer great" or similar.

3:21. Temples, idols. If he starts talking about "Seven Mountains" or how Christians need to "take America back", then I don't know how much more of this I'll be able to sit through.

3:57. Since when was George Washington one of the prophets? Also, Washington was a rather irreligious person, but I suspect facts aren't going to be terribly relevant in this video given its course within just the first four minutes.

4:40. Is he talking about the marriage equality ruling by the Supreme Court? Well, in that case. I'm done with this video. I doubt having come downhill this fast it's going to be going uphill anytime soon.

This is what happens when Christianity is perverted, and its language coopted by those who would bow down before the golden calfs of American exceptionalism and American triumphalism. Who have been consumed by the perverse doctrines of the Dominionists and the Religious Right.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us sinners.

-CryptoLutheran
Excellent synopsis.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. The silly things you people (and yes, I mean that as YOU people) find to argue about. Isn't it tiring to constantly look for arguments and don't your legs get tired constantly climbing up on your soapboxes?

...why hang out on a discussion board if not to, you know, discuss/argue about things? :scratch:
tulc(would get tired hanging out on an "agreeing board") :wave:

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
...why hang out on a discussion board if not to, you know, discuss/argue about things? :scratch:
tulc(would get tired hanging out on an "agreeing board") :wave:

I hang out on message boards to study people. It's cheaper and more entertaining than going to the zoo. Watching people argue and debate is funny to me. I think it's a ridiculous way to spend one's time, but it's funny to watch everyone strut their ego out on display.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hang out on message boards to study people. It's cheaper and more entertaining than going to the zoo. Watching people argue and debate is funny to me. I think it's a ridiculous way to spend one's time, but it's funny to watch everyone strut their ego out on display.
The ego needs stretching on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Said while ego is strutting with full peacock plumage on display.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So...you spend your time feeling superior to people on message boards? That's actually kind of cute. :D
tulc(loves how BadHabit had to tell us about it, because how can you be all superior and not let everyone know?) ;)

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So...you spend your time feeling superior to people on message boards? That's actually kind of cute. :D
tulc(loves how BadHabit had to tell us about it, because how can you be all superior and not let everyone know?) ;)

I don't feel superior to anyone. You infer that from what I wrote, and your inference is in error. The absence of something does not necessarily mean it's opposite exists.

I like to study people. Take the words for what they are. It's entertaining for me to watch you folks banter back and forth. Take that statement for what it is.

You'd do well to not interject your own emotions into the statements of other people. That's how misunderstandings are born. Good day sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't feel superior to anyone. You infer that from what I wrote, and your inference is in error. The absence of something does not necessarily mean it's opposite exists.

I like to study people. Take the words for what they are. It's entertaining for me to watch you folks banter back and forth. Take that statement for what it is.

You'd do well to not interject your own emotions into the statements of other people. That's how misunderstandings are born. Good day sir.

Didn't you just get done saying the following?

it's funny to watch everyone strut their ego out on display.

"Haha look at all you strutting your own ego, I'm not like you people."
"You can't judge me, you don't know me."

What we see here is a specimen who spends their time on the internet savannah known as Thinnus skinnicus, unlike other species of troll, this one prefers a solitary lifestyle and generally flees when threatened.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You also are inferring things. I won't hold it against you. Most people aren't capable of taking statement at face value and they read into them what they want to see. It's common. Thank you for the cute little taxonomic nomenclature. I'm sure many here will be amused with it.

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Bingo.

-CryptoLutheran

Wouldn't it be easier to just ask plain questions and accept plain answers rather than look for things that might or might not be there and have communication get all garbled?

Infer away sir. It's your dime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Good day sir.
And a good day to you also sir. :wave:
8061533_orig.jpg

tulc(loves the smell of moral superiority in the morning, it smells like...victory!) :D

Upvote 0