Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stewart is also a liberal activist. It's not enough to just turn the channel if you can't stand Fox? You can always tune in to MessNBC or no "one nation under God, indivisible" NBC. Now it's getting to be you can't even watch sporting events without liberals injecting their PC hog wash (be editing out).

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Stewart is also a liberal activist. It's not enough to just turn the channel if you can't stand Fox? You can always tune in to MessNBC or no "one nation under God, indivisible" NBC. Now it's getting to be you can't even watch sporting events without liberals injecting their PC hog wash (be editing out).
:confused:

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Are you talking about the BCS?

I think the BCS sucks too.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
U.S. Open covered by NBC when they edited out "under God indivisible" twice being recited by kids during *gasp* a patriotic segment.

So what? Under God was only added recently. I think it should be removed anyways. Making a big fuss over nothing.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He couldn't just apologize. He had to add in 'but really, I'm right overall!' . Smells of conceit.
lol Some people have no leg to stand on when it comes to bogus apologies and conceit.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
U.S. Open covered by NBC when they edited out "under God indivisible" twice being recited by kids during *gasp* a patriotic segment.
Given it's history and divisiveness (so certainly divisible), it should be taken out. It implies atheists are not patriotic.

Upvote 0

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what? Under God was only added recently. I think it should be removed anyways. Making a big fuss over nothing.
Tell that to NBC who was flooded with rebukes by the public which prompted two apologies. So you want it removed "over nothing". ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Tell that to NBC who was flooded with rebukes by the public which prompted two apologies. So you want it removed "over nothing". ^_^
Most of the public thinks "under god" was always in the pledge and that "in god we trust" has always been on our money, so I'm not surprised. How much of the general public even knows Francis Bellamy, or the salute that went with the pledge?

Upvote 0

Insane_Duck

Because ducks are just awesome like that.
May 29, 2011
✟1,763.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You are wrong.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...21/readers-sound-about-our-false-jon-stewart/

Fox News False Statements - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 06/21/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...tewarts-politifact-segment-annotated-edition/

QED

(The first is politifact's own correction of it's first statement the day after. The second is Jon Stewart apologizing and then showing an entire screen full of lies that politifact has caught Fox making, which have never been corrected by Fox. The third is politifact backing up Stewart's claims in the video I linked.)

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Rebukes from overly sensitive people who are hung up over nothing. How does "under God" being or not being in the pledge affect anything? It doesn't.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He couldn't just apologize. He had to add in 'but really, I'm right overall!' .
But he was right overall.
Smells of conceit.
Was Palin conceited when she wouldn't back down over Paul Revere warning the British by ringing those bells?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Insane_Duck

May 29, 2011
✟1,763.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Was Palin conceited when she wouldn't back down over Paul Revere warning the British by ringing those bells?
And even then, if you look above at the first link you'll see that politifact has revised their initial statement.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad they apologized.

Most of the public thinks "under god" was always in the pledge and that "in god we trust" has always been on our money, so I'm not surprised. How much of the general public even knows Francis Bellamy, or the salute that went with the pledge?
I'm glad we have it on our money and in the pledge. It's a good thing.

If he really believes that then it just means he issued a fake apology.
Palin made a gaffe that most people don't know anything about. It was a historical goof up that does not even need apologizing. Vicious haters seething and dripping venom then took the opportunity to spit sanctimonious condescension her way. On the other had, Stewart's comment was a flop of a condescending insult towards his betters.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He couldn't just apologize. He had to add in 'but really, I'm right overall!' . Smells of conceit.

How many Conservative commentators have ever even tried to apologize for mistakes? That is even more conceited. Unfortunately, most try to pretend they are never wrong.

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0

Insane_Duck

May 29, 2011
✟1,763.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm glad we have it on our money and in the pledge. It's a good thing.
No.

If he really believes that then it just means he issued a fake apology.
His statement was false on a technicality. There is still a debate over whether the statement was true based on the words ill-informed and mis-informed and which studies measured the issue. He apologized for making a "mistake" (as it could reputably viewed as both true and false) that caused problems even if he thinks it true.

Palin made a gaffe that most people don't know anything about. It was a historical goof up that does not even need apologizing. Vicious haters seething and dripping venom then took the opportunity to spit sanctimonious condescension her way. On the other had, Stewart's comment was a flop of a condescending insult towards his betters.
Palin went on tour claiming to be promoting an understanding (by the american public) of our history and historical sites. Not only was she taking a vacation with her PAC money, but she made a mistake about an historical fact which she later defended. (and she was using it to promote talking points about gun control) After which she called the question: "what will you take away from your visit" a gotcha question. :doh:

Upvote 0

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rebukes from overly sensitive people who are hung up over nothing. How does "under God" being or not being in the pledge affect anything? It doesn't.
How does it being in the pledge affect you?

Upvote 0