dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to listen to JMJ a good bit, my brother had a couple of his tapes which I listened to. particularly I liked Orient express, and some of the Oxygen / Equinox tracks. I never really understood where he (Jarre) was coming from with his inspiration? anyone know more about him?

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to listen to JMJ a good bit, my brother had a couple of his tapes which I listened to. particularly I liked Orient express, and some of the Oxygen / Equinox tracks. I never really understood where he (Jarre) was coming from with his inspiration? anyone know more about him?

I don't know much of his catalogue, but I owned his ZOOLOOK album at one point (it was a vinyl record). Way ahead of the curve. I heard "Zoolookologie" at the Starck Club in Dallas early 80's and bought the ZOOLOOK album. Has a unique blend of many different languages. This cut, "Diva", features Laurie Anderson doing the spoken vocals...

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much of his catalogue, but I owned his ZOOLOOK album at one point (it was a vinyl record). Way ahead of the curve. I heard "Zoolookologie" at the Starck Club in Dallas early 80's and bought the ZOOLOOK album. Has a unique blend of many different languages. This cut, "Diva", features Laurie Anderson doing the spoken vocals...

I see on Wikipedia he cites Pierre Schaeffer (musique concrete) as an influence which seems somewhat in evidence in the track you linked to. I could not really listen to the original sort of musique concrete for enjoyment, its most bizarre and surreal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0