Joint Chief, Admiral Thomas Moorer: USS Liberty Was "Act of War" by Israel Againt US

M

ManFromUncle

Seems to me that the claim is Israel is amazingly stupid.

Who does a false flag attack using their own aircraft? You use captured enemy aircraft.

I find the idea that some near the top in Israel are more than devious enough to do something like this. I find it totally unbelievable that they would do it so poorly.

Israel has already admitted the aircraft and torpedo boats were theirs. That is not the issue. The issue is the cover up which claims it was an "accident," and that they thought they were attacking an Egyptian ship. Patently impossible since they reconned the ship for hours in the morning, saw the 3 American flags, identified it in radio transmissions to base, and even waved to the sailors on deck.

This is what Israel does when they want to drag you into a war. That's why Mossad and CIA were behind 9/11. The Neocons have wanted to destroy Iraq since forever.

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aryeh Jay: Sorry for not responding sooner - I was busy and didn't see this thread anymore.

From your own source, page 38:

w7HHM.jpg

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yea. If I were a propagandist for Israel I'd try to drop this like a hot potato too.

Actually, I have a job that I need to tend to every once in a while. That doesn't leave much time for chasing absurd conspiracy theories in order to euphemize Muslim terror a bit.

For your information, Aryeh Jay posted the Israeli report just as much as the NSA report. But since you're so keen on the topic, please refer to pages 63/64 of the official document (correspondingly, this is page 71/72 of the PDF document).

Do you even read the sources you yourself post?

KPlsI.jpg

Now, don't have your panties in a bunch next time it takes some time for me to reply. I just don't take your wild speculation seriously enough for me to wade through your endless texts only to find out that your entire arguments are completely fabricated.

In other words: next time you want to quote something or claim that a report says this or that, include the page number to your reference. If you ever go to college and begin academic works, you'll know that proper citation is everything.

KTHXBI

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Actually, I have a job that I need to tend to every once in a while. That doesn't leave much time for chasing absurd conspiracy theories in order to euphemize Muslim terror a bit....I

Hold it right there. The firm conclusion of a Fleet Admiral and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is an absurd conspiracy theory? Yes or no? Do you even know what those are?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
On the cusp of the Border War
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you saying Admiral/Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Moorer was anti-semitic because he stood up for his men and told the truth? Should we bear false witness only for Israel?
No. I'm saying the nature of your post is antisemetic in its purpose and in its tone.

You're quoting a 10-year-old article. There is nothing new here. One can only ask why you would dig back into the past to post an article that has been hashed and rehashed, mostly for the purpose of making Israel look bad at a time when there are far worse, more violent players in the Mideast?

Also, your pictures are too big even for the higher screen resolutions to show clearly without having to scroll left and right repeatedly. It's annoying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

ManFromUncle

No. I'm saying the nature of your post is antisemetic in its purpose and in its tone.

You're quoting a 10-year-old article. There is nothing new here. One can only ask why you would dig back into the past to post an article that has been hashed and rehashed, mostly for the purpose of making Israel look bad at a time when there are far worse, more violent players in the Mideast?

Also, your pictures are too big even for the higher screen resolutions to show clearly without having to scroll left and right repeatedly. It's annoying.

It is current because the survivors of the Liberty who are still alive are still calling for justice, and new documents have been declassified which prove even further that they are right. Even MoveOn has a petition! http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/investigate-the-attack

And there is no player more violent in the Middle East than Israel. There is no need to "make Israel look bad" it does so just fine on its own. They just killed 300 children in Gaza as innocent as you and me. One can only ask why you pose such a double standard. Israel commits crimes then hopes enough time will go by for people to forget. That is how evil continues.

Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even MoveOn has a petition!
Oh, gee! Even them, huh?

Wow!! By all means let's start a demonstration, a sit-in, maybe we can even revive the failed "Occupy Movement" and get them involved!

[/sarcasm]*

*Translation of the above: The next time I'm impressed by anything MoveOn does will be the first time. The only reason I pay attention to MoveOn is to see how ignorant the opposition has become.

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Oh, gee! Even them, huh?

Wow!! By all means let's start a demonstration, a sit-in, maybe we can even revive the failed "Occupy Movement" and get them involved!

[/sarcasm]*

*Translation of the above: The next time I'm impressed by anything MoveOn does will be the first time. The only reason I pay attention to MoveOn is to see how ignorant the opposition has become.

Occupy was actually quite successful for a while i calling attention to the bankster bailouts and the theft by Wall Street from the middle class, if you want to know what started it all and what the philosophy was you should read the book by the guy who started OWS, "“The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States.”

This brilliant essay begins:

Like our Founding Fathers before us, we must put aside our differences and unite to fight a common enemy.

It has now become evident to a critical mass that the Republican and Democratic parties, along with all three branches of our government, have been bought off by a well-organized Economic Elite who are tactically destroying our way of life. The harsh truth is that 99% of the US population no longer has political representation. The US economy, government and tax system are now blatantly rigged against us.
Current statistical societal indicators clearly demonstrate that a strategic attack has been launched and an analysis of current governmental policies prove that conditions for 99% of Americans will continue to deteriorate.

The Economic Elite have engineered a financial coup and have brought war to our doorstep. . . and make no mistake, they have launched a war to eliminate the US middle class.

To those who feel I am using extreme rhetoric, I ask you to please take a few minutes of your time to hear me out and research the evidence put forth. The facts are there for the unprejudiced, rational and reasoned mind to absorb. It is the unfortunate reality of our current crisis.

Unless we all unite and organize on common ground, our very way of life and the ideals that our country was founded upon will continue to unravel.... The Economic Elite Vs. The People ~ ??Original 99% Movement Call to Action | David DeGraw

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Oh, gee! Even them, huh?

[/sarcasm]*

Occupy was actually quite successful for a while in calling attention to the bankster bailouts and the theft by Wall Street from the middle class, if you want to know what started it all and what the philosophy was, you should read the book by the guy who started OWS, David Degraw, "“The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States.”

Like our Founding Fathers before us, we must put aside our differences and unite to fight a common enemy.

It has now become evident to a critical mass that the Republican and Democratic parties, along with all three branches of our government, have been bought off by a well-organized Economic Elite who are tactically destroying our way of life. The harsh truth is that 99% of the US population no longer has political representation. The US economy, government and tax system are now blatantly rigged against us.
Current statistical societal indicators clearly demonstrate that a strategic attack has been launched and an analysis of current governmental policies prove that conditions for 99% of Americans will continue to deteriorate.

The Economic Elite have engineered a financial coup and have brought war to our doorstep. . . and make no mistake, they have launched a war to eliminate the US middle class.

To those who feel I am using extreme rhetoric, I ask you to please take a few minutes of your time to hear me out and research the evidence put forth. The facts are there for the unprejudiced, rational and reasoned mind to absorb. It is the unfortunate reality of our current crisis.

Unless we all unite and organize on common ground, our very way of life and the ideals that our country was founded upon will continue to unravel.... The Economic Elite Vs. The People ~ ??Original 99% Movement Call to Action | David DeGraw

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Oh, gee! Even them, huh?

[/sarcasm]*

Occupy was actually quite successful for a while in calling attention to the bankster bailouts and the theft by Wall Street from the middle class, if you want to know what started it all and what the philosophy was, you should read the book by the guy who started OWS, David Degraw, "“The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States.”

It has now become evident to a critical mass that the Republican and Democratic parties, along with all three branches of our government, have been bought off by a well-organized Economic Elite who are tactically destroying our way of life. The harsh truth is that 99% of the US population no longer has political representation. The US economy, government and tax system are now blatantly rigged against us. Current statistical societal indicators clearly demonstrate that a strategic attack has been launched and an analysis of current governmental policies prove that conditions for 99% of Americans will continue to deteriorate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DebarkTango

Oct 24, 2014
✟7,614.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is current because the survivors of the Liberty who are still alive are still calling for justice, and new documents have been declassified which prove even further that they are right.

Just chanced upon this forum and hope you don’t mind a few points from a USS Liberty survivor.

The US government has never conducted an investigation of the attack on the USS Liberty. Those who claim there have been are merely perpetuating a myth that was begun by Jay Cristol. Since the myth has been thoroughly discredited one has to suspect the motives of those who choose to continue making the unfounded claim.

If they want to know what happened during the attack all they have to do is to ask us.

During the attack USS Liberty crewmen:

• saw the unmarked aircraft as they attacked our ship;
  • heard the jamming of our radios on both US Navy tactical and international maritime distress frequencies;
  • witnessed the deliberate machine gunning of life rafts we had dropped over the side in anticipation of abandoning ship;
  • witnessed the slow circling of our ship by Israeli torpedo boats as they fired from close range at crewmen who were either trapped topside or who ventured topside to help their wounded shipmates;
  • saw the Israeli helicopters filled with armed assault troops hover very close to our ship in an apparent attempt to find a place to allow those troops to rappel down to the ship;
  • witnessed the torpedo boats immediate departure from the scene of the attack after cessation of hostilities instead of offering assistance as is their obligation under international law.
Additionally:

• testimony from eye witnesses about the deliberate machine gunning of our life rafts in the water has been removed from the record of the US Navy Court of Inquiry Report;
  • Findings of Fact in the US Navy Court of Inquiry Report are not supported by evidence and testimony in the record as is required by the rules that govern Courts of Inquiry;
  • there is nothing in the Court of Inquiry Report about the recall of two flights of rescue aircraft on orders from The White House;
  • statements provided to the Court by some 65 USS Liberty crewmen have disappeared;
  • the responsibility for the review of the US Navy Court of Inquiry Report in preparation of submitting it for endorsement by the Convening Authority was removed from ADM John S. the endorsement by the Court’s Convening Authority was conditional and based on information then available to the Court;
  • McCain’s Legal Advisor, Capt. Merlin Staring, when Staring found a myriad of significant mistakes committed by the Court, told McCain that his review would take a considerable amount of time and that he refused to conduct the requested cursory examination of the Report for McCain’s endorsement;
  • the attack on our ship is the only attack of its kind in US naval history NOT to be the subject of a Congressional investigation;
  • the Department of Defense has refused to conduct an investigation based upon the allegations made in the War Crimes Report we submitted to them on June 8, 2005 despite the requirement that they do so;
  • the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) has refused to investigate the crimes contained in the War Crimes Report despite the fact that one of those crimes is a capital offense;
  • Members of Congress routinely include text provided not by USS Liberty survivors but by Israel or her supporters in their boilerplate responses to their constituents who write to inquiry about the attack;
  • Members of Congress refuse to modify their boilerplate responses to one based upon eye-witness accounts;
  • no Member of Congress has attended our annual memorial service held on June 8th in Washington, DC; and that,
  • the Department of Defense, Navy Department, American Legion and Navy League likewise have all refused to send an official to our annual memorial service despite the fact that the memorial service is being held in Washington, DC.
Respectfully,

Joe Meadors
USS Liberty Survivor
Director of Operations, USS Liberty Veterans Association
Email: joeATussliberty.com

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Thank you Mr. Meadors for your service aboard the USS Liberty and for enlightening us as to what really happened. As Admiral Moorer said, it is crystal clear that the attack was a planned, deliberate, and ruthless attack by Israel, on an American ship, in order to blame it on Egypt and drag us into war in the Middle East. The only reason we know this today is that you and your shipmates fought heroically and did not let the ship sink, as was planned.

A petition to re-open the investigation of Israel's attack on the USS Liberty is here:

MoveOn Petitions - INVESTIGATE THE ATTACK ON THE USS LIBERTY

Upvote 0

DebarkTango

Oct 24, 2014
✟7,614.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Mr. Meadors for your service aboard the USS Liberty and for enlightening us as to what really happened. As Admiral Moorer said, it is crystal clear that the attack was a planned, deliberate, and ruthless attack by Israel, on an American ship, in order to blame it on Egypt and drag us into war in the Middle East. The only reason we know this today is that you and your shipmates fought heroically and did not let the ship sink, as was planned.

Thank you for your kind words.

If you want to thank someone (or blame someone depending on your allegiance) for us surviving the attack you can look no further than Terry Halbardier. Terry was responsible for repairing an antenna so we could get a message off to the Sixth Fleet.

We recently learned that al Jazeera America will air a new USS Liberty Documentary 10pm EDT Friday October 31, 2014. Set your DVR's and Spread the Word.

Joe Meadors

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hold it right there. The firm conclusion of a Fleet Admiral and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is an absurd conspiracy theory? Yes or no? Do you even know what those are?

I am not at liberty to discuss the credibility of any individuals because I do not know them. But, given the nature of the subject, I would be more inclined to trust two independent committees than single individuals.

Either way, you repeatedly demanded that I comment on your groundbreaking sources - to which I responded by quoting from those exact sources you yourself provided.
kthxbi.

Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The continued drum-beating against Israel because of the accidental attack on the USS Liberty is nothing more than an effort to discredit the U.S. foreign policy of continuing to support Israel. If Israel knowingly attacked and killed Americans, the views of radical critics of the country are confirmed with graphic clarity. These views include: a) the belief that Israel will turn against the U.S. whenever it suits its interests; b) the belief that Israel's control over the American political and military structure is so great that it can openly kill Americans because it knows that officials at every level will work together to cover up the crime; and c) the belief that Israel is a terrorist state.

It's garbage. In 1999, moreover, a National Security Agency report from 1981 was released claiming that "the tragedy resulted not only from Israeli miscalculation but also from faulty U.S. communications practices." Since July 2003, this report has been available on the NSA Web site accompanied by a recording of radio communications between Israeli pilots made by a U.S. spy plane on the scene throughout the episode.

The NSA report and other documents declassified since the incident - including a trove of government materials released in January 2004 - support findings that the bombing was a case of mistaken identity. Some of the different investigations and their conclusions are listed below.

If you want to continue hating Israel, fine. But stop lying about the USS Liberty.

Upvote 0