✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mnmcandiez said:
I'm thinking about joining the military, anyone have any advice?

Well, I think you should be more specific.

1) How old are you?

2) Have you graduated from High school?

3) Are you planning to go to college?/Are you in college?/Have you graduated from college?

4) Are you are male or a female?

5) What do you want to do in the military?

Upvote 0

stonewalljon

Jan 17, 2006
Ottawa
✟8,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
i am a 16 year old Canadian and i am also joining the canadian army...I am starting with the Reserves and then probably go regular once I am 18. i am looking forward to it. I think it is what God wants me to do with my life. I think that should be a big part of everyones decision to join.I prayed alot about it. So everone should pray about it. That makes everything easier in life!
Peace

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
mnmcandiez said:
I'm thinking about joining the military, anyone have any advice?

well, noticed your 14 and so you got several years still to go BUT now is a good time and opportunity to ask a lot of questions of recruiters, friends/family that are currently in, and veterans. You need to ask yourself what it is you want or would like to do (and give some thought to how long - a tour or a career) - the answer will help decide which branch/component. You are a female so some of the "jobs" (MOS) wont be available but most are.

Some want to serve but also want to go to college after High School and have found the Reserves (pick a branch) or National Guard is a good way to do two things at once and perhaps have Uncle Sam help pick up the schooling some. Then later go active duty when your ready. You got a ton of options and as well as plenty of time to check it all out.

good luck.

Upvote 0