• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Joining the group

mcgyver

Christ is risen indeed!
Jul 9, 2010
Deep in the Everglades
✟15,178.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Howdy all,

Well...I'm a 52 year old pastor who had a heart attack on the 5th of May of this year. :)

Since I had a 15 hour delay from the onset of symptoms to treatment, even though I had a stent placed in my heart...I suffered some damage and am now dealing with CHF.

That's OK though, God has His plan and I am thankful that by His hand I came out alive. :clap:

I am also blessed in that the VA is taking care of me for meds and treatments...God is good!

Anyway, thought that I'd pop in and say "hi" to everyone!

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Howdy all,

Well...I'm a 52 year old pastor who had a heart attack on the 5th of May of this year. :)

Since I had a 15 hour delay from the onset of symptoms to treatment, even though I had a stent placed in my heart...I suffered some damage and am now dealing with CHF.

That's OK though, God has His plan and I am thankful that by His hand I came out alive. :clap:

I am also blessed in that the VA is taking care of me for meds and treatments...God is good!

Anyway, thought that I'd pop in and say "hi" to everyone!

Hi, Bro in Christ,

I came here to post something about my PVC's heart problem and saw this post of yours. And it sounds like you are doing okay; but want you to know today your continued good recovery and restoration to good health are in my prayers. I see you are dealing with CHF (chronic heart failure, right?) But it sounds like you are on the mend and so I praise God for that! :prayer:

Are you able to get out and walk daily? That should help as I am sure your doctors have told you or should have told you.

Anyway, Airborne and I will be praying for you starting today and all of this week. It's what we do each day of each week for others who come up after services at church and on our prayer chain. (on church prayer ministry team) So including you this week. Airborne had surgery to repair a leaky heart valve in 1996 and does well with only one set back in 2004. He is on aspirin (as am I) and Topol (I think that is what it is) and gets his med's from VA.

He is keeping in shape and is playing in the horseshoe tournament at our Lakefair celebration here next weekend. He practices with a club twice weekly to keep in condition. And he walks every day as do I. .

For U 2day: Familiar but always good scripture:

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:11)

:holy:pilgrimgal

Last edited:
Upvote 0