• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Johnny Cash-wow!

Discussion in 'Secular Music' started by but'n'ben, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. but'n'ben

but'n'ben Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

+47
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hey there.

I know there will have been many thread for Johnny before but I wanted to start one because I've only recently discovered his music. I'm a metal fan and heard I Walk The Line in the record shop one day so I bought some of his CDs. His music is so beautiful...especially Were You There (When The Crucified My Lord) and Would You Lay With Me.

There's just something about his voice. It's so warm and yet tough but still gentle...if that makes sense. I could listen to him all day.My friedns who are into metal kinda make fun of me for liking Johnny but they really should give him a try. He's a legend.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Redneck

Redneck Guest

+0
    Don't worry about your friends making fun of you for listening to Johnny Cash. I think you're friends are jealous because you've got good taste in music. ;)

I think that this is the first thread for Johnny Cash too. :)

3. but'n'ben

but'n'ben Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

+47
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Really? I'd have though there would have been a lot about him. I noticed on the inside of The Best Of there's little sections written by people influenced by Johnny-and some of them are metal legends like the clown from Slipknot and James Hetfield from Metallica. Hah! Some ammon to use against my mates's messing around!

4. Redneck

Redneck Guest

+0
    Good stuff. :cool: Cash is a great singer. :D

5. dmiller

dmiller FiddlePicker

+48
    Non-Denom
    John Cash was a great singer. His dying wish was to record an album as a tribute to his wife June Carter/Cash, who did so much to pull him out of the *muck and mire* of life than he found himself entangled with.

He recorded the album, and died shortly thereafter.

Both of them will be giving performances in the great hereafter, forevermore.

6. traingosorry

traingosorry I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.

+933
    Christian
    Private
    Johnny Cash was a fantastic guy - glad you discovered his music.
    it's good to broaden your tastes anyway :thumbsup:

7. dmiller

dmiller FiddlePicker

+48
    Non-Denom
    Hey Redneck!! Love the line underneath your name!!
    That was Hank Jr. talking about his Daddy, right?? :D

8. Redneck

Redneck Guest

+0
    Straight from the Ballad of Hank! :cool:

9. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,657
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I would not know. I prefer the older country music to the contemporary sound, but I am really not exposed top classic coutry music much.

10. Redneck

Redneck Guest

+0
    Does that mean that you don't listen to Johnny Cash?

11. .Mikha'el.

+4,657
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    If you are suggestingthat I am totally unfamiliar with the music of Jonny Cash, that is an inaccurate statement.

But in reality, the only CD's I have purchased are southern gospel CD's, not country. So, my familiarity with Johnny Cash's music is considerably less than someone who is a big fan.

12. Redneck

Redneck Guest

+0
    You should listen to it. :cool: It's good stuff.

13. .Mikha'el.

+4,657
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I agree with you. even with what limited music I have heard from the late Johnny Cash, I must say that he can SING!

14. Diane_Windsor

Diane_Windsor Senior Contributor

+468
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
    If we are going to talk about Johnny then we mustn't forget about his daughter.

DIANE
    :)

15. Buckeye

Buckeye Veteran

+73
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Republican
    Go see Walk the Line!! Great movie. Reese Witherspoon should win the Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter.

16. robbie3945

robbie3945 New Member

+1
    Baptist
    US-Democrat
    Have you read any of the books Cash wrote ?
    Seen any of his movies ?
    There's so much more to the man than just his music.
    Hope you get the chance to appreciate all his talents. :cool:

17. Merkava

Merkava Guest

+0
    Don't forget the Highwaymen!

18. handmaiden97

handmaiden97 Veteran

+75
    Christian
    Single
    I just finnished reading "man in White" and book Cash wrote about the Apostle Paul. It was very good, I am trying to read an aouto bigraphy he wrote as well....it to is good but not holding my intrest as well.

I grew up listening to Johnny Cash....infact I still prefer the country I grew up listening too to anything I hear now days....funny thing is Im not that old, but it was my grandad records I grew up with, so Cash, Mandrell, Snow, Pearl, Dickens, Pride, Haggard, all of them I love!!!

19. ReBjorn

ReBjorn All your base are belong to us

+19
    Christian
    Single
    I recently discovered Cash as well, he's great!

I read this letter at the inside of the cover of the 'Silver' album yesterday, and posted it: Must read!

20. PastorMikeJ

PastorMikeJ combat veteran

+226
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    wow I am old!!! I remember Johnny Cash when he was out in Ojai CA...before he was wearing all black...and he carried his guitar across his back...LOL I was stationed near Oxnard Ca..and use to go to Ojai cuz we could drink under age...LOL and still be near the base...he would come into the bar that we use to drink at...pluck alittle sing alittle and drink a little...The Seabees loved him....after John Wayne that is...lol

enjoy his music God gifted him well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.