Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I have previously said, both the Hebrew OT and Greek NT words translated "sin" are archery terms meaning to aim at a target but miss the "mark" or bulls eye. If you do not believe me go get Strongs or any reputable lexicon and you will see that is correct.
I believe you.

Just because someone is reborn does not mean they hit the dead center of God's perfect will and standard every time 100%.
I was raised with Christ to live in newness of life.
I don't "miss", because I am promised an escape from every temptation. (1 Cor 10:13)

Do you never make a mistake in what you say or do, or how you feel about things?
Let us differentiate between sin ans mistake.
Sin is the product of lust, enticement, and conception. (James 1:14-15)
It is the fruit of the devil those with God's seed in them cannot produce. (1 John 3:9)
A mistake is the math error in your checkbook or burning the eggs while cooking.
They will not get one's name removed from the book of life.

Do you have absolutely perfect understanding of every scripture?
By no means.
Where does lack of knowledge translate into sin?

If not, you have sinned. You missed the mark.
I guess if my "aim" was to have all knowledge, you might be right...in a surreal sort of manner.
But that is not a "target" of mine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"both the Hebrew OT and Greek NT words translated "sin" are archery terms meaning to aim at a target but miss the "mark" or bulls eye."

I believe you.
Let us differentiate between sin ans mistake.
Sin = missing the mark. A mistake.

If one aims his bow at a target and misses the center, (which you said you agree that is what the words mean) is that a mistake, or is it the "product of lust, enticement, and conception?" A mistake. But by the word definitions, it is SIN.
A mistake is the math error in your checkbook or burning the eggs while cooking.
They will not get one's name removed from the book of life.
Neither will intentional disobedience.

If one is saved, it forges a covenant between that person and God. Can that covenant be broken - like a divorce? Of course. But it takes a deliberate walking away from the covenant and renouncing it, not unlike the dissatisfied husband in Deut 24 giving his former wife the divorce papers.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin = missing the mark. A mistake.
If one aims his bow at a target and misses the center, (which you said you agree that is what the words mean) is that a mistake, or is it the "product of lust, enticement, and conception?" A mistake. But by the word definitions, it is SIN.
Then the sin definition needs refinement.
Let's use 1 John 5:17..."All unrighteousness is sin:"
Is lying a mistake?
How about murder?
Adultery? Theft? Blasphemy?
If you aim not to tell lies, but do so anyway, it is not a mistake.

Neither will intentional disobedience.
You have been told a lie.

If one is saved, it forges a covenant between that person and God. Can that covenant be broken - like a divorce? Of course. But it takes a deliberate walking away from the covenant and renouncing it, not unlike the dissatisfied husband in Deut 24 giving his former wife the divorce papers.
As salvation won't be assured till the final judgement, it is superfluous to even write about it.
All sin is deliberate.
It is the only fruit of the children of the devil.
Those with the seed of God in them are as likely to commit sin as acorns are to bring forth onions.

Upvote 0