Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're asking if John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated the answer is no. He had the spirit and power of Elijah but when directlly asked if he was Elijah, he replied in the negative. He gave the answer himself.

John 1:19-21
19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? (Elijah) And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet F3? And he answered, No.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lynn73 said:
If you're asking if John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated the answer is no. He had the spirit and power of Elijah but when directlly asked if he was Elijah, he replied in the negative. He gave the answer himself.

[/i][/color]
Ohhp! :doh:

thats right I remember now. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting... we just talked about that in New Testament today.

First of all, for those who are unfamiliar with the passage:

Matthew 17:11-13
Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

Basic Answer: No, John the Baptist was not reincarnated.

Elaborated Answer: John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. Jesus identifies John with Elijah because they are both forerunners of Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.