John Piper, was he a Pipe dream?

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just learned that:

I AM A TOTAL IDIOT!!!

Not John Piper, please excuse my error.

I had previously written:
popular S. Baptist preacher/author John Piper claims he spent 90 minutes in Heaven. There's a book and an upcoming movie by that title. In response to this and other "Heaven tourism" claims, the Southern Baptist Convention reaffirmed it's commitment to Biblical sufficiency by strongly warning against this whole genre. Lifeway books, affiliated with the SBC in response to this and the admission of fraud from "the boy who went to Heaven" scandal, has pulled all their books about Heaven or Hell based on "experiential claims."

Of course I have my own views, but I's rather reserve them for now and throw the topic out for discussion.

JR

Last edited:

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just learned that popular S. Baptist preacher/author John Piper claims he spent 90 minutes in Heaven.
You might have been misinformed. While I am no fan of John Piper here is what he has said about such books on visits to Heaven:
Recently retired Christian pastor and author John Piper also gave his thoughts on the book recently in an "Ask Pastor John" episode. "If books go beyond Scripture, I doubt what they say about Heaven," he says. Piper doesn't bother to read extra-Biblical books about Heaven because he knows that the only infallible source on Heaven is God's word - "I have my Bible, which already tells me what I can know for sure about Heaven. Everything in those books, I do not know for sure ... it's all guesswork," he says.

Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0