The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the name wasn't a flame and I was making a point that at this point is totally irrelevant since that thread has been locked up. Now, lets just get off this before this thread meets the same fate.
How do you know that name wasn't a flame? It was a name regardless, and remember what you said about name calling and Facebook.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you know that name wasn't a flame? It was a name regardless, and remember what you said about name calling and Facebook.
I guess the context kinda gave it away. Like I said, I only reported it to make a point earlier. You had crossed an obvious line. Cow, in my opinion has not. Now, this whole convo is off topic to the thread and I really don't want to be the reason it gets closed so if we can just move on, that'd be great.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess the context kinda gave it away. Like I said, I only reported it to make a point earlier. You had crossed an obvious line. Cow, in my opinion has not. Now, this whole convo is off topic to the thread and I really don't want to be the reason it gets closed so if we can just move on, that'd be great.
Okay, whatever. You obviously don't apply your Facebook rule to everyone.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

"I hardly know Cindy McCain other than having put her on a Committee at her husband’s request. Joe Biden was John McCain’s lapdog. So many BAD decisions on Endless Wars & the V.A., which I brought from a horror show to HIGH APPROVAL. Never a fan of John. Cindy can have Sleepy Joe!"
Always the classy one.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
McCain was a favorite of people that know quality when they see it. I voted for him even though he chose that ridiculous person as his running mate.
I did not vote for him but I came to appreciate his character way back when I saw him correct and admonish a couple of his supporters for calling Obama an Arab and saying they didn't trust him.

This is how a man with class and dignity responds to a lowest-common-denominator supporter putting down his opponent for office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Is McCain a favorite of the left now or something? What changed from 2008?

I think you are mistaken in your assumptions.

Keep in mind that some people here you talk to that are Christians that are critical of Trump are Republicans, not just Democrats.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I did not vote for him but I came to appreciate his character way back when I saw him correct and admonish a couple of his supporters for calling Obama an Arab and saying they didn't trust him.

This is how a man with class and dignity responds to a lowest-common-denominator supporter putting down his opponent for office.

McCain was someone alot of people can respect.

Few people here are aware that he was an acting chaplain when he was at the "Hanoi Hilton". He was a real Christian who walked the walk, and didn't feel the need to use his religion as a cheap political prop. His rejection of vitriol and slander came from his religious beliefs and values, things that certain people said they used to value.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are mistaken in your assumptions.

Keep in mind that some people here you talk to that are Christians that are critical of Trump are Republicans, not just Democrats.
Would it surprise you if I told you I'm not a Republican?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Would it surprise you if I told you I'm not a Republican?

Honestly, yes.

Members like @cow451 (to my knowledge) are lifelong Republicans and have more credibility to comment on the johnny-come-lately like Trump than people who are merely fanboys because he waves around a Bible and talks about packing the Supreme Court with Federalist Society ideologues.

• Friendly
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
McCain was someone alot of people can respect.

Few people here are aware that he was an acting chaplain when he was at the "Hanoi Hilton". He was a real Christian who walked the walk, and didn't feel the need to use his religion as a cheap political prop. His rejection of vitriol and slander came from his religious beliefs and values, things that certain people said they used to value.
I've heard a few stories that speak to McCain's character and that was just one of the more memorable ones for me. The question was asked earlier in the thread, "what changed since 2008?" The answer without going on for hours and hours is, a lot has changed since then. Particularly in how people interact with each other. McCain and Obama may well have been the last of basically decent candidates for high office for a long while.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, yes.

Members like @cow451 (to my knowledge) are lifelong Republicans and have more credibility to comment on the johnny-come-lately like Trump than people who are merely fanboys because he waves around a Bible and talks about packing the Supreme Court with Federalist Society ideologues.
Well, I'm not Republican. I would pretty much always vote for them because they are the only party that has a chance that is the closest to my views. And for your information, I'm not a Trump fanboy. I like him, but not to the point of some people. He is the best option right now, and that's why I support him.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right and left doesn't mean Republican or Democrat. Republicans tend to fall on the right and Dems on the left, but a political party doesn't completely define a side.
And neither does an overly simplistic Right or Left.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Kemo Sabe' is not an insult or flame. It's a character, or rather a character's nickname. But if you insist, the report button's right there. You're welcome to use it at any point and let the mods decide.
The line, “What you mean ‘we’, Kemo Sabe?’”, is from an old Mad Magazine takedown of the Lone Ranger... I think.., but it’s one that occasionally pops up, culturally.

Upvote 0