Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, golden boy. Are you going to call out cow for the name he used earlier in the thread?
'Kemo Sabe' is not an insult or flame. It's a character, or rather a character's nickname. But if you insist, the report button's right there. You're welcome to use it at any point and let the mods decide.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people on the non-peacenik left and center-left as well as the political center had a great deal of respect for McCain as a person even if they disagreed about politics. Especially the pre-Palin McCain. I did.

It's also a mistake to think that the anti-Trump coalition is a left phenomenon. There are many on the right and center-right who weren't part of the "religious right" coalition that are anti-Trump and have hope that an endorsement like this might dislodge more like them from the Trump camp. (Or at least trigger another anti-McCain tirade from Trump that have a similar effect for right/center-right respecters of McCain.)

I expect the Arizona election results will reflect the many republicans who agree with Cindy McCain. After all, it was crossover voters who elected Dem. Krystyn Sinema to the US Senate in 2018. I expect the same in 2020 for Biden (and Mark Kelly).

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Kemo Sabe' is not an insult or flame. It's a character, or rather a character's nickname. But if you insist, the report button's right there. You're welcome to use it at any point and let the mods decide.
I told you earlier, I'm above reporting petty things like that. But I have heard people use kemo sabe in a not so nice way. Either way, it's still name calling, which you told me should only be done on Facebook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I told you earlier, I'm above reporting petty things like that. But I have heard people use kemo sabe in a not so nice way. Either way, it's still name calling, which you told me should only be done on Facebook.
Then just move on. No one did anything here. I also tend towards not being much of a "reporter" unless it's directed at me personally but you were making such a fuss over it earlier and so I went ahead and reported your obvious flaming towards Belk to make a point. All of this is off topic to this thread though, so we should both just drop it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know why it's so hard for you to wrap your head around the concept of left and right. I have seen a number of people on the left tout this like it's big news, when they formerly opposed McCain.
Why did you take it personally?

Of course there is such a thing as left and right, but they are not sharply bounded regions. In between there is such a thing as the center. Certain parts of the center do lean toward the left or right.

We also shouldn't think of the political spectrum, even on left/right issues, as a *single* position. No one can be clearly defined by a single position number. It is possible to be at different points on the left/right scale on abortion, gay rights, taxation, guns, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course there is such a thing as left and right, but they are not sharply bounded regions. In between there is such a thing as the center. Certain parts of the center do lean toward the left or right.

We also shouldn't think of the political spectrum, even on left/right issues, as a *single* position. No one can be clearly defined by a single position number. It is possible to be at different points on the left/right scale on abortion, gay rights, taxation, guns, etc.
As I said in a different post, left and right are generic terms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then just move on. No one did anything here. I also tend towards not being much of a "reporter" unless it's directed at me personally but you were making such a fuss over it earlier and so I went ahead and reported your obvious flaming towards Belk to make a point. All of this is off topic to this thread though, so we should both just drop it.
Look, I don't give a darn, but it seemed important to you earlier, so I don't know why it isn't now.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, I don't give a darn, but it seemed important to you earlier, so I don't know why it isn't now.
Because the name wasn't a flame and I was making a point that at this point is totally irrelevant since that thread has been locked up. Now, lets just get off this before this thread meets the same fate.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single