Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Crazy Liz said:
I generally avoid MacArthur. I usually disagree with him. He is a dispensationalist and a woman-hater who has no respect for those who disagree with him. But I used his book on the Beatitudes a few years ago and found it quite good.
That's a pretty strong statement. I've never really read any of his stuff that is dispensationalism (not saying he isn't just that I've never read it). A woman-hater I find very hard to believe (based on my personal experience in hearing his messages and reading some of his work). What made you come up with that idea?

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
I second that BT.
I don't see him as being a woman hater!
I LOVE the book In the Arms of God. It is the ONLY book that deals with the death of a child that is PACKED with scripture. So many books is just someones mombojumbo about what they "think" is right. Or its so wishy washy you don't know what to think afterwards except that you wasted you time reading something that did not help you.
I don't agree with all of his doctrine, however he does study the Word deeply and it shows in his writings.
GEL

Upvote 0

bleechers

Christ Our Passover!
Apr 8, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,509.00
Faith
Christian
Different By Design is also a good book on men and women. If we acknowledge that men and women are different, does that make us "women-haters"?

Johnny Mac believes in the Rapture and Israel being separate from the church, but that's as far as it goes. He interprets the Gospels (particularly the parables in Matthew 13) in a classical Calvinistic manner. By his own admission he is a "mild dispensationalist."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.