John MacArthur Condemned By Friends & Himself (Video)

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So are they just going to say what John supposedly did or do we get to hear John say it in actual context ? He said she said doesn't cut it imo, especially if there is an agenda to simply tear someone down..

It shows the clip of what John MacArthur says @ 4:19 of the video.

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It says that playback has been disabled by the owner. What did he say?

That a person can be forgiven and repent after taking the mark of the beast and worshipping the beast.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's the description of the video on the Youtube page :

" John MacArthur has stated that one can take the mark of the beast, worshiping Satan and his image, and still be saved. The Bible says the exact opposite. He is exposed here as condemning himself unwittingly. His friend and partner Phil Johnson of Grace to You along with Chris Rosebrough of Pirate Christian Radio and Fighting for the Faith also join in condemning MacArthur. This is the fruit of personal favoritism; blind irrationality. John MacArthur propagates a damnable false teaching that is simply a lie. His sycophants Phil Johnson, Todd Friel, Justin Peters, etc. have all defended him saying that there is only one unpardonable sin; only one blasphemy of the holy spirit. After this, they all have some explaining to do. "

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That a person can be forgiven and repent after taking the mark of the beast and worshipping the beast..

Okay, so what about it? I really don't care if this man of God believes this, he holds to a biblical gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow that's interesting.

But his identification of the mark of the beast doesn't follow with the characteristics of the mark of the beast.

I find the concept that it is blasphemy of the holy spirit to try and see God in others is generally kind of demonic in and of itself.

The concepts provided when added up tend to tell a horror story about the church indicating no one can be saved unless they do not attend church and do not listen to pastors. Basically, that's how it comes off.

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If Anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
• Revelation 14:9-11

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, so what about it? I really don't care if this man of God believes this, he holds to a biblical gospel.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Those who take the mark of the beast and worship the beast are Damned For Eternity with no chance of repentance or forgiveness.

That's a deception that could literally damn someone's soul for eternity.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't even know how to respond to this.

Those who take the mark of the beast and worship the beast are Damned For Eternity with no chance of repentance or forgiveness.

That's a deception that could literally damn someone's soul for eternity.

I don't see this belief as anything but heterodox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That a person can be forgiven and repent after taking the mark of the beast and worshipping the beast..

I’ve seen the video you’re referencing. I shared it with another member earlier this year. I’ll see if he’ll chime in. :)

@Anthony7 I’d love your input.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That a person can be forgiven and repent after taking the mark of the beast and worshipping the beast.
Just listened through MacArthur's comments twice. He mentions people taking the mark of the beast for economic reasons during the Tribulation period, but he never mentions that they also "worshipped the beast".

Just FYI.

--David

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have much disagreement with that which Dr. MacArthur teaches. But the eagerness with which so many, young and old, are ready to criticize people who have committed their lives to the teaching and preaching of the Gospel literally turns my stomach.

99% of Christians have no idea of what the mark of the beast is nor how it is received or accepted, so the point is practically moot, anyway.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The broadcaster of the video really should take this up with the offender if he feels this is wronging him. John knows better than this charge indicates but this guy is out to fry him with a one time 45 second clip. I seriously doubt this is Johns position if he were to be preaching on it. But again, the video guy should take it up with him personally imo. Has he reached out to John MacArthur and asked him to clarify this point from scripture or danced all around him asking everyone what he meant but him ?

• Agree
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see this belief as anything but heterodox.

"If Anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
• Revelation 14:9-11

Upvote 0