John Ashcroft- an AOG member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that John Ashcroft was a Pentecostal Christian. How many PCs are there in the US Government?

Read this story below. Is the story a hoax though?

YM

www.smh.com.au
By TOBY HARNDEN
WASHINGTON
Wednesday 30 January 2002

America's puritanical Attorney-General, John Ashcroft, has had a half-naked statue of the Spirit of Justice covered up because he does not like being photographed in front of its exposed right breast.

Curtains costing $A15,000 will now shield the aluminium art deco work - nicknamed "Minnie Lou" - and its companion, the Majesty of Justice, a male figure naked apart from a loincloth.

The two statues stand in the Great Hall of the Justice Department, which was built in the early 1930s. They flank the large stage from which attorneys-general make major speeches.

Mr Ashcroft, a member of a Pentecostal church called the Assemblies of God, does not dance, drink or gamble and fiercely opposes homosexuality and ****ography.

Last November, after announcing a restructuring of the Justice Department to cope with the threat of terrorism, Mr Ashcroft was presented with press pictures showing his serious visage next to the Spirit of Justice's breast.

He believed it was a "stitch-up" by the photographers, who were mocking his views on nudity.

He has told his staff that "aesthetic" reasons should be cited if any questions are asked about the cover-up.

- TELEGRAPH

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Yauming,
That is a great story. Yes, it is true that he is a very devoted christian. I would say, in my opinion, you could not find a better man in U.S. government. Pres. Bush could not have picked a better man to fill that position. It would be very difficult to accurately answer your question though. I got saved in an Assembly of God church. Of course, I'm not still attending that denomination, but nonetheless, it is a good one, they preach the truth there. They are very strong in the honoring, praising and worshipping of our Lord.

If the rapture takes place during this current administrations watch, and I believe it will, the U.S. is going to lose some great leadership. This by itself, will bring panic to most of the nation that will be left behind. The U.S. will lose there Pres., V-Pres., Sec. of State, Attourney General and no telling how many others. Maybe they will have to go with Clinton again, the loser. This was just speculation. All in my imagination, but is a possibility. Glad I won't be here to find out first hand! ! !

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yauming, I know the story was reported in the news the other day and I take part of it to be true. Attorney General Ashcroft wanted the partially nude statue to be covered and didn't want to be photographed with it until then.

A gal I know at church, whose father who is one of Ashcroft's best friends (were friends long before he became Attorney General), says that Ashcroft is a born-again Christian and holds high moral standards. I agree with RollinThunder that we are fortunate to have such a fine man like Ashcroft as one of our leaders.

Upvote 0
Wow, that is good news.

Its really good to see good strong upright Christians in government and places of learning.

At the moment his puritanical stance on that nude statue seems a biy petty and humorous.

But I really pray that as he faces tough challenges, his Christianity will shine through.

Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
Hello Yauming,
That is a great story. Yes, it is true that he is a very devoted christian. I would say, in my opinion, you could not find a better man in U.S. government. Pres. Bush could not have picked a

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by BennieBoo
Indeed, though I think anyone with an active interest in early christian history (those wonderful years of roman oppresion) would be repelled at many of Ashcroft's actions..

Welcome to the New World Order Bennieboo. We knew it was comin', and now it's here. Time to look up.

Upvote 0
Nazi actions? .... I hear Himmler and Hitler cry "no way dude" out somewhere... :)

The Nazis wouldn't have wasted time on wuzzy stuff like phone tapping. They would have fabricated the evidence and placed all of the suspected terrorists and any one who looked like them or shared their same religion Muslims in concentration camps.

They would also have thrown into jail anyone who complained about their policies.

Under the Nazis, they also would have invaded the Middle East a long time ago, driven all its inhabitants into the Sahara, and captured all the oil wells for their use.

Compared to the Nazis, Ashcroft is more like boy scout. :)

Originally posted by BennieBoo
Sigh, whether he is a moral man or not, his policy actions do not inspire much faith on my part: phonetappings, suspensions of constitutionally protected right...These are not christian actions, they are NAZI actions...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
yes, the new world order is coming, but not here yet. It is not going to include Christianity as we know it today, it will be the homogenized Christianity that says all religions are the same and tolerence in the name of not offending anyone should be exercised. Dont give in. It is only the beginning of a world dead to Christ. We know Christianity is nothing like othe religions. Ours is the only one that we can have a relationship with the only Son of God. Hallielujah! Praise God.

Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

Welcome to the New World Order Bennieboo. We knew it was comin', and now it's here. Time to look up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.