John 6:37 Who does the Father send to Jesus?

curlycurl

Jul 31, 2019
assen
✟13,765.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
This is a passage has given me alot of comfort troughout the years, that I still could run to Jesus even if I thought I was unforgivable, and that Jesus won't cast me out, but now im starting to have doubts.
I keep focusing on the part that says "all that the Father gives me".
Who does the Father give/send to Jesus?
How do I know if God has send me to Jesus?
What if i want to come to Jesus but God didnt send me? Will I be cast out?
Can someone please help me understand that passage better?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
This is a passage has given me alot of comfort troughout the years, that I still could run to Jesus even if I thought I was unforgivable, and that Jesus won't cast me out, but now im starting to have doubts.

Malachi 3:16–18 (NASB)

16 Then those who feared (gave reverence to) the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name.

17 “They will be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”

18 So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.

They are the one’s who feared (give/gave reverence to) the LORD our God.

The Holy Spirit knocks on everyone's door ... if the door is answered He sends His Holy Spirit and one then receives Christ and through Him you become a child of God.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It important to always take "all the counsel of God", friend, and not 'cherry pick' as some call it --when we take a verse out of context to make a decision. Scripture teaches us that God knows the end from the beginning always, and in His "foreknowledge" He well knows who will come and who will never come ---and the Lord Jesus IS GOD manifested in the flesh. God-the Father sent God-the Son to be the "Savior of the world"; and when one is truly "born again" (as John 3) by RECEIVING AND TRUSTING the Lord Jesus, that one is "sealed by the Holy Spirit" (the God-head manifested in the real believer) as being then a "child of God" forever. That is the essence of this. It is good to ask questions, friend, but also good to study Scripture daily to learn more of our great Creator; and learn to walk and talk with our Lord and Savior. I trust you will.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think God sent teveryone to Jesus. The Bible says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Theres another verse that says the will of God is for everyone to be saved and know the truth. "... (God) who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth Timothy 2:4

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It important to always take "all the counsel of God", friend, and not 'cherry pick' as some call it --when we take a verse out of context to make a decision. Scripture teaches us that God knows the end from the beginning always, and in His "foreknowledge" He well knows who will come and who will never come ---and the Lord Jesus IS GOD manifested in the flesh. God-the Father sent God-the Son to be the "Savior of the world"; and when one is truly "born again" (as John 3) by RECEIVING AND TRUSTING the Lord Jesus, that one is "sealed by the Holy Spirit" (the God-head manifested in the real believer) as being then a "child of God" forever. That is the essence of this. It is good to ask questions, friend, but also good to study Scripture daily to learn more of our great Creator; and learn to walk and talk with our Lord and Savior. I trust you will.

This is one of the best posts that I have ever read on this forum!

God bless you!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Do you have faith in Christ? Then the Father gave you to Jesus.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0