✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The article quotes Representative Cori Bush:

“With all due respect, Mr. President. You didn’t mention saving Black lives once in this speech,” Bush tweeted. “All our country has done is given more funding to police. The result? 2021 set a record for fatal police shootings."

Rep. Cori Bush to Biden: 'You didn't mention saving Black lives once in this speech'

He could start by saving black lives from abortion.

Black Abortion Statistics - Right to Life of Michigan

"More than crime. More than accidents. More than cancer, heart disease and AIDS. Abortion has taken more Black American lives than every other cause of death combined since 1973. In the United States, the abortion rate for Black women is more than 3 times that of White women. On average, more than 800 Black babies are aborted every day in our country. This tragedy continues..."​

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why there is no focus on how many black lives police officers have saved? Or the fact that many black people in many communities throughout the U.S. do not want and have never wanted the police to be defunded/abolished?

What about the fact that a black person is vastly more at risk of being killed by another black person than by a white police officer? This fact is completely ignored by the left. Don't any of those black lives matter, or do they somehow not count when those deaths can't promote the narrative that white police officers are compelled by racism to regularly mow down black people in the street?

When I heard some of these statements in Biden's speech, I was wondering when the Democrats would start criticizing him over it and figured it wouldn't take long.

When it comes to Democrats and black lives though, it seems that black lives really only start mattering in some way when there is an upcoming election, and that's not until 2024 when it comes to Biden and then I'm sure it will be all over the campaign speeches should he decide to run again, at least so I'm predicting. :)

Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He could start by saving black lives from abortion.

Black Abortion Statistics - Right to Life of Michigan

"More than crime. More than accidents. More than cancer, heart disease and AIDS. Abortion has taken more Black American lives than every other cause of death combined since 1973. In the United States, the abortion rate for Black women is more than 3 times that of White women. On average, more than 800 Black babies are aborted every day in our country. This tragedy continues..."​
Oh hi non sequitur, it's been a bit since I've seen this chestnut, as if claims that PP is engaging in genocide without just invoking the Nazi overtones.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I wonder why there is no focus on how many black lives police officers have saved? Or the fact that many black people in many communities throughout the U.S. do not want and have never wanted the police to be defunded/abolished?

What about the fact that a black person is vastly more at risk of being killed by another black person than by a white police officer? This fact is completely ignored by the left. Don't any of those black lives matter, or do they somehow not count when those deaths can't promote the narrative that white police officers are compelled by racism to regularly mow down black people in the street?

When I heard some of these statements in Biden's speech, I was wondering when the Democrats would start criticizing him over it and figured it wouldn't take long.

When it comes to Democrats and black lives though, it seems that black lives really only start mattering in some way when there is an upcoming election, and that's not until 2024 when it comes to Biden and then I'm sure it will be all over the campaign speeches should he decide to run again, at least so I'm predicting. :)
Pretty sure defund is not synonymous with abolish. I've thought demilitarize might work better to convey the idea that they don't need the weapons they have sometimes, because they're not all SWAT teams that are sent for specific situations

The problem is manifold, even if we magically got police reform as is desired so that issue doesn't happen, it doesn't mean systemic racism just falls like a house of cards

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Good thing that badness mentioned above did not rise to the level of G. Floyd overdosing on fentanyl (which supresses breathing) while being arrested, and being restrained improperly. I hate to even think of those things happening to someone at the same time.
Philando Castile might want to discuss the issue with how black people are characterized as criminal even when they cooperate with the police. Floyd was apprehended based on a counterfeit $20 bill, is it worth it he was treated like an animal?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Biden mentioning Black lives in a March 2022 speech would have saved lives in 2021?
Pretty sure the goal is reducing that number, not preventing deaths that already happened. Policy looks forward, not backward, unless we're considering policy change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“With all due respect, Mr. President. You didn’t mention saving Black lives once in this speech,'

Why would he mention BLM, it's not election time.

Upvote 0