Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it shall come to pass

That whoever calls on the name of the Lord

Shall be saved.

For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,

As the Lord has said,

Among the remnant whom the Lord calls. (Joel 2:32, NKJV)

The Jewish audience of this prophecy would have contemplated, “how easy it would be to just call upon the Name of The Lord, instead of keeping up with 613 some commandments.”

The far standing gentile audience would have thought, “how great it would be to be included as chosen people, the remnant whom the Lord calls.”

Joel himself would have pondered of the day of Pentecost, when the Spirit of the Creator is poured into the lowly flesh of humans.

But my friends,

we are fortunate to live in this reality,

we are the remnant whom the Lord called,

we are the flesh in which He poured out His Spirit.

John Piper in his post compares the difference between old testament and new testament experience of God’s presence as this, “There is a great difference between perceiving a lake at a distance and being immersed in the lake. So, there is a great difference between experiencing God as a distant object of knowledge and being immersed in his presence.”

We as believers in the finished work of Christ, don’t have to stand far and enjoy the beauty of this wondrous lake called His presence, we can be fully immersed into it. We are all enabled to know Him intimately, as we carry His Spirit and presence, even in this painfilled, deprived flesh.

So today, let me exhort you to fully grasp the spiritual reality and ability you hold, just dive deep into His presence and intimately know Him. Who knows, that might have been a longing of Joel, his Jewish, and gentile audience, but you and I are the remnants living in that reality, providentially!

Attachments

• Text placeholder (1).jpg
    Text placeholder (1).jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2
  • Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u