Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
First, if someone has to use Politifact (or the Daily Beast or HuffPost or etc.) he might as well forget about making a credible argument.

Second, when Trump said something that every ordinary person understood one way, and then his enemies slice and dice and twist and speculate and reinterpret in order to make it seem that he said something else...

the same technique, but used in reverse to exonerate Biden from what he said and meant, will not work.

You do you boo!

• Friendly
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where as I hear be.
When I pronounce things like sitting, there is always a k sound at the end.
Could just be the way he said it that makes it sound like beat to some people, but I hear be.
And that dress photo was definitely gold and white. Those who claimed that the actual dress in the store was blue and black were obviously engaged in a conspiratorial cover-up. /s

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Biden advocating for anti Christian values?

I thought telling the truth was a Christian value. But the religious right has decided that's no longer the case.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Recent

Joe stated it
so it must be true.

Included are more of Joe's famous statements made.
M
Did Biden really say that a clean and articulate black man is like a "story book"?! What is wrong with the DNC?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden" is what I heard. The "t" in "beat" is quite distinct.

I think he meant to say "be". We all misspeak from time to time so I really don't think this is newsworthy. What I do find surprising how racist Joe Biden is. A more altruistic "soft racism", but racism nonetheless. Like how universities lower the SAT standards for certain minorities because "how else will they get to college if we don't give them a hand?"

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think he meant to say "be". We all misspeak from time to time so I really don't think this is newsworthy.

No doubt. Joe Biden does seem to misspeak quite often, but it's a matter of opinion how significant that is.

What I do find surprising how racist Joe Biden is. A more altruistic "soft racism", but racism nonetheless.

Yeah, there's a long list of, I guess one might call them paternalistic, statements from Biden. They seem to get both support and opposition from different parts of the Black community.

I recall that his "poor kids are just as bright as white kids" comment raised a few comments at the time.

The fundamental issue (and probably the thing that lost the Democrats the last election) seems to me to be a failure to acknowledge the existence of the poor white community, and to engage with their problems, most of which are shared by all poor people, whether Black, White, Hispanic, or Native American.

To discuss economic, social, and educational problems only in racial terms is always going to sound racist, it seems to me.

As an outsider, it always seem to me that Democrats are doing their best to lose by alienating the working-class White voters; and Republicans are doing their best to lose by alienating the conservative Hispanic voters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought telling the truth was a Christian value. But the religious right has decided that's no longer the case.

Did I not tell the truth?

Biden, so far as I can see, tells the truth far more than most politicians. Trump lies far more than most politicians. So it appears that the religious right has changed their opinion on that commandment, at least.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biden, so far as I can see, tells the truth far more than most politicians. Trump lies far more than most politicians. So it appears that the religious right has changed their opinion on that commandment, at least.

I can't say one way or another on how much he tells the truth. My point was he is advocating for anti Christian values. He is pro abortion and pro gay. If I voted for him I would be voting against the Bible. I don't see any other way to look at it.

The Christian way is to help people to do better. Not to help make it easier to sin.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can't say one way or another on how much he tells the truth. My point was he is advocating for anti Christian values.

There are fact-check sites keeping track of his lies. And yes, adultery, sexual assault, lying, and so on, are not traditional Christian values. Trump did, after he announce that he was running as a republican, that he would no longer support abortion. Which looks pretty much like a political decision, rather than a principled one.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He is pro abortion and pro gay.

He was pro-abortion. He now says he doesn't believe in it. But only after he wanted to run as a republican. He says he's pro-gay:

carlo-allegri-donald-trump-lgbt-flag-2016-presidential-election.jpg

But I think he'd throw them under the bus just has he has thrown Christians under the bus, if he thought he could benefit from it in any way.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There are fact-check sites keeping track of his lies. And yes, adultery, sexual assault, lying, and so on, are not traditional Christian values. Trump did, after he announce that he was running as a republican, that he would no longer support abortion. Which looks pretty much like a political decision, rather than a principled one.
This is true. And I remember asking on this forum, what was it about Trump’s character that led supporters to believe that he wouldn’t change his mind?

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't say one way or another on how much he [Biden] tells the truth. My point was he is advocating for anti Christian values.
This seems like an absolutely sensible objection on the face of it, but it actually isn't. Democrats are not trying to establish anti-Christian values; they are working for what we call "freedom of conscience" (even for non-Christians). Let people make up their own mind, and let God be the judge. Having secular laws against immoral conduct amounts to trying to enforce righteousness by Law. The Bible is very clear that righteousness is by faith, not law. Leaving people alone to work out their own salvation (or not) and then allow God to be the judge is actually a Christian action. (See I Corinthians 5:12-13)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Telling the truth? Name me someone that consistently tells the truth when it is not to their advantage to do so and is therefore qualified to point out how much someone else doesn't tell the truth.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This seems like an absolutely sensible objection on the face of it, but it actually isn't. Democrats are not trying to establish anti-Christian values; they are working for what we call "freedom of conscience" (even for non-Christians). Let people make up their own mind, and let God be the judge. Having secular laws against immoral conduct amounts to trying to enforce righteousness by Law. The Bible is very clear that righteousness is by faith, not law. Leaving people alone to work out their own salvation (or not) and then allow God to be the judge is actually a Christian action. (See I Corinthians 5:12-13)

I fail to see "freedom of conscience" as a consistent Democrat position at all. Every secular law is an attempt to enforce someone's morality upon society as a whole. The Democrat position may be that they don't want to be theocratic about morality but want the government to enforce secular morality and not religious morality. One example that comes to mind because it is so recent is that currently the government of my state. New York, which is run entirely by the Democratic Party, is basing its enforcement of law upon fear of infection not freedom of conscience. There is no concern whatsoever for the idea of freedom of conscience. Further, as I look at what occurred prior to this particular crisis I see a complete disregard for anyone's freedom of conscience in most areas. Instead I see the government of NY increasingly mandating individual behavior and stifling freedom of conscience. Therefore I must disagree completely with your analysis of what Democrats are working for.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I fail to see "freedom of conscience" as a consistent Democrat position at all. The Democrat position may be that they don't want to be theocratic about morality but want the government to enforce secular morality and not religious morality. . . . the Democratic Party is basing its enforcement of law upon fear of infection not freedom of conscience.
First of all, they haven't figured out that they should use the term, so they don't. they simply approach things the way Libertarians (along with most Americans) do in practice: people should be free to do whatever they want to do, provided that it does no harm to other people. By that reasoning, what the guy down the street watches on TV or does in bed is of no concern to me whatsoever. But if he values his own freedom above public health, then there is a legitimate debate about whether or not he is hurting others.

Is there inconsistency? Yes. When regulators want to limit how big a soda I can buy, to protect my own health, I believe they are overstepping. So just as I reject the notion that "Republicans always good, Democrats always bad" I also reject the equal-but-opposite "Democrats always good, Republicans always bad." I only say that on balance Republican positions are worse than Democratic positions.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0