Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I'm going to be Joe Biden.". If I won't do something to Trump I'm not going to do it to Biden. Biden has enough real stupidity we don't need to make up stuff. His promise to be Joe Biden ought to be enough to convince people to reject him as a reasonable option.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recent

Joe stated it
so it must be true.

Included are more of Joe's famous statements made.
M

Joe is getting worse every day. He should think about going into retirement. They should never have encouraged him to run.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden gets a lot of heat for verbal gaffes, because he actually commits them. No doubt about it. But a gaffe is not anything like a completely incoherent statement or an obviously false one. With a gaffe like this one (Biden apparently saying, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden"). I think he meant "be" but I hear "beat" when I listen to it. Is it funny? Yes. Is it a sign of dementia? No, I really think that even when there's a gaffe that is obvious, rather than a judgment call like this, it's connected to Biden's well-known struggle with stuttering. I myself do not stutter, but I have said a few weird things in my life--like the time I said to a friend that a car with a stick shift should "smooth shiftly." I actually said that, and immediately realized I had said it. And I was in high school at the time, so dementia was not an issue.

So whether we're talking about Joe Biden or any other politician, skill at public speaking may be important, but it's not the most important thing (there has been more than one leader who was superb at making speeches but horrible when it came to actual leadership), but the ability to take one's time, think through things carefully, and make good decisions is far more important. Even with all of his obvious weaknesses, I believe that Joe Biden is a far more capable leader than Donald Trump is, despite Sean Hannity's blatantly partisan propaganda.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden gets a lot of heat for verbal gaffes, because he actually commits them. No doubt about it. But a gaffe is not anything like a completely incoherent statement or an obviously false one. With a gaffe like this one (Biden saying, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden"), you know what the person meant while chuckling at the verbal slip. Is it funny? Yes. Is it a sign of dementia? No, I really think that in this case it's connected to Biden's well-known struggle with stuttering. I myself do not stutter, but I have said a few weird things in my life--like the time I said to a friend that a car with a stick shift should "smooth shiftly." I actually said that, and immediately realized I had said it. And I was in high school at the time, so dementia was not an issue.
So whether we're talking about Joe Biden or any other politician, skill at public speaking may be important, but it's not the most important thing (there has been more than one leader who was superb at making speeches but horrible when it came to actual leadership), but the ability to take one's time, think through things carefully, and make good decisions is far more important. Even with all of his obvious weaknesses, I believe that Joe Biden is a far more capable leader than Donald Trump is, despite Sean Hannity's blatantly partisan propaganda.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Biden advocating for anti Christian values?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Democrats are for abortion, gay marriage, Etc. So you be the judge.

I agree. The last time I said that I got a warning so this time I was being more careful.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden gets a lot of heat for verbal gaffes, because he actually commits them. No doubt about it. But a gaffe is not anything like a completely incoherent statement or an obviously false one. With a gaffe like this one (Biden saying, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden"), you know what the person meant while chuckling at the verbal slip. Is it funny? Yes. Is it a sign of dementia? No, I really think that in this case it's connected to Biden's well-known struggle with stuttering. I myself do not stutter, but I have said a few weird things in my life--like the time I said to a friend that a car with a stick shift should "smooth shiftly." I actually said that, and immediately realized I had said it. And I was in high school at the time, so dementia was not an issue.

Biden has made completely incoherent and totally false statements as well as simple gaffes. He is correct in saying that it is working for him to remain in isolation. It helps him to be out of the public eye as no one hears him saying dumb things, going off on incohenernet ramblings or making stuff up on the fly that are simply false. Biden and Trump are so alike in so many ways that the only thing that can be said to separate them as candidates is their preferred policy objectives. It actually could make for a reasonably informative campaign season if people simply concentrated upon those issues and forgot about the personality and character flaws that IMO cancel each other out.

As I said before Biden said "I am going to be Joe Biden". That one was not a even a gaffe. As I pointed out saying "I am going to be Joe Biden" is enough for me to reject the idea of voting for him. As he said he has a 40 year record. Most of which I disapprove of. Not because of his gaffes or questionable mental state or any lack of character on his part but because I find his policy preferences diametrically opposed to mine. For that reason i.e. the vast differences in our POV on government and how it should function, I must again hold my nose and vote for the person l find less objectionable in that area. Trump is not my idea of a wonderful candidate but he does not propose to go in the exact opposite direction on every policy to the direction I would prefer as Biden has promised to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I had option for choosing an articulate President that does not make stupid comments or incoherent statements neither Trump nor Biden would be running.

Luckily it seems to matter little in US so I don’t quite follow what the big deal is with Biden and his car keys considering Trump misinformed the Chinese President where US cruise missiles were flying at that moment.

If you want articulate, non senile President drag Obama back.

Of course I understand some people were not happy with him either

• Agree
Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Biden advocating for anti Christian values?
No. He and the Democratic Party are advocating for what is called "freedom of conscience." They generally don't use that term, but that's what it is. They are not calling for the establishment of anti-Christian values, they are only calling for people's freedom to make their own moral choices without government coercion. Which I think is a pretty Biblical position. Even the Apostle Paul wrote "What have I to do with judging those outside the Church? God will judge them."
Seeing as how it was the Baptists who were the earliest and strongest advocates of freedom of conscience in Colonial America (freedom even for non-Christians), I find it ironic that it is now the Baptists who seem the least interested in upholding that principle for other people.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. He and the Democratic Party are advocating for what is called "freedom of conscience." They generally don't use that term, but that's what it is. They are not calling for the establishment of anti-Christian values, they are only calling for people's freedom to make their own moral choices without government coercion. Which I think is a pretty Biblical position. Even the Apostle Paul wrote "What have I to do with judging those outside the Church?"
Seeing as how it was the Baptists who were the earliest and strongest advocates of freedom of conscience in Colonial America, I find it ironic that it is now the Baptists who seem the least interested in upholding that principle for other people.

Helping people to sin in my view is anti Christian. Making sin legal and easier goes against the word of God. Yes people have a choice to follow or not but advocating for making it easier doesn't seem like the right direction for the country. As a Christian I can't aid someone in their quest to go against Christian values. We are supposed to be helping and teaching people not leading them in the opposite direction.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, that should be sufficient to convince us that Biden's gaffes, etc. were true as charged.

On CNBC, Biden said, “I’m prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and that I’m going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record.” The words “be” and “beat” sound similar. But CNBC’s transcript says Biden said “be.” In the context of the quote, “be” makes more sense.

Sources for this false accusation: PolitiFact - Biden beating Biden? Social media users misquote Biden, manufacture gaffe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Helping people to sin in my view is anti Christian. Making sin legal and easier goes against the word of God. Yes people have a choice to follow or not but advocating for making it easier doesn't seem like the right direction for the country. As a Christian I can't aid someone in their quest to go against Christian values. We are supposed to be helping and teaching people not leading them in the opposite direction.
This is the rationale that the Catholic Church used in Europe, and the Puritan Congregationalists used in America when they had laws that did things like forbid adultery and require church attendance. Certainly those seem like good ideas, but as soon as you start allowing the government to set policy in terms of Christian morality, you begin to face the question of which version of Christianity will set the rules. Remember that in Europe they finally agreed to the principle of "Whose Region, His Religion." This meant that each region would worship according to the religion of its ruler, whether Catholic or Lutheran. Unfortunately, the Anabaptists (whose direct descendants today are the Amish and Mennonites) did not like either version of Christianity, so they worshiped according to their own conscience, with the result that both Catholics and Lutherans were putting Anabaptists to death.

No, "freedom of conscience" means letting people make their own choices, and letting God do the judging.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden" is what I heard. The "t" in "beat" is quite distinct.

Where as I hear be.

When I pronounce things like sitting, there is always a k sound at the end.

Could just be the way he said it that makes it sound like beat to some people, but I hear be.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, "I'm going to beat Joe Biden" is what I heard. The "t" in "beat" is quite distinct.

I heard “be” which fits with the context. But hey, if this is your hill to die on, I won’t stop you.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On CNBC, Biden said, “I’m prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and that I’m going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record.” The words “be” and “beat” sound similar. But CNBC’s transcript says Biden said “be.” In the context of the quote, “be” makes more sense.

Sources for this false accusation: PolitiFact - Biden beating Biden? Social media users misquote Biden, manufacture gaffe
First, if someone has to use Politifact (or the Daily Beast or HuffPost or etc.) he might as well forget about making a credible argument.

Second, when Trump said something that every ordinary person understood one way, and then his enemies slice and dice and twist and speculate and reinterpret in order to make it seem that he said something else...

the same technique, but used in reverse to exonerate Biden from what he said and meant, will not work.

• Agree
Upvote 0