• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Joe Biden had a birthday party yesterday

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by paul1149, Nov 21, 2020.

1. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,845
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Why do Democrats keep forsaking masks and social distancing when it's convenient?

EDIT: Apparently this video is from a year ago. It was not labeled as such and it was circulated as being current. It was a reasonable misunderstanding, and I'm sorry I posted it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,431
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Because Covid is only spread by Republicans. Didntcha know?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,566
    Anglican
    Married
    Because the lockdowns are mainly an exercise of power, not really a matter of disease control.

This is almost beyond doubting when they repeatedly violate the same rules that they insist are absolutely essential in the case of "the little people."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,313
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  5. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+2,494
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,188
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,332
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    People are rightly asking why she's posting a supposedly year-old video saying "Happy Birthday to President-Elect Joe Biden"? He wasn't President-Elect in 2019. Why post a year-old video on his birthday in 2020?

People called out her first tweet, as it said nothing about being pre-Covid. Don't you think an intelligent person would think to add that important little bit of information when posting 1) a year-old video and 2) a video of a crowd without masks? So she reposted the video again with the "this is pre-Covid" caveat.

I just scrolled through her Twitter history, all the way back to November 5th, 2019. This video is nowhere to be seen.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+2,494
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    Her twitter post is from today that's why it says "Happy Birthday President-elect Joe Biden". She used a video from an event last year in that post to wish him happy birthday. The video itself does not refer to "President Elect Joe Biden". Nobody has said the video was posted on twitter last year.

Really, it's not that hard.

Edit: posted yesterday, not today

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+20,133
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I’m going to take a wild guess and say that video is from pre-COVID times. What I call the Before Times.

10. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member

+1,132
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    > Why post a year-old video on his birthday in 2020?

Uh, because she had access to it?

My friends send me old photos of events from years past quite regularly. Because you know, I'm a normal person with friends who like to reminisce.

11. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+3,640
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Because it was his birthday when she posted it yesterday and he is the president-elect. There's no law that says all videos posted on social media must be posted within a year of recording.

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that she can't celebrate his birthday with him in person this year, so she's posting a happy memory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+22,129
    Agnostic
    Single
    Because he's not wearing a mask in 2019. Trick people into thinking it's 2020 and it makes the President-elect look bad.

The world is full of liars. Fortunately, not all of them are talented.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. NerdGirl

+2,332
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No need to speak to me as if I'm stupid :)

Yes, actually, those defending her on Twitter were screaming "It's pre-Covid, check her Twitter feed!"

If I were a politician (she's the mayor of Atlanta) and I were going to post a video from 2019, of me in a crowd, in the middle of the current pandemic and all the insanity surrounding it, I would absolutely be sure to say "BY THE WAY, this was taken a year ago!" Pretty sure most people would.

How about sharing a link or a post or a photo or something from 2019 to clear it up? Surely, an event of this magnitude made it onto Twitter, Facebook, etc, when it occurred.

14. GoldenBoy89

+20,133
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I love when a thread fails in the very first post.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. NerdGirl

+2,332
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It would be so easily cleared up with some evidence :) Ah, well.

16. GoldenBoy89

+20,133
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Why would they need to clarify that? Seeing as how they’ve been consistent throughout the year in their messaging, most rational people, not looking to discredit someone can safely assume a photo or video of a large, completely unmasked gathering is probably not from this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+2,494
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    The video was taken on Nov 20, 2019, after the DNC debates. Here's a video from that day.

Notice she's wearing the same dress in both videos. Unless she has a special Joe Biden birthday dress, the two videos are from the same day.

18. Tigger45

Tigger45 Jesus the Christ Supporter

+10,220
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Maybe Trump will assign his impeccable law team to expose this COVID-19 mandate infraction.

19. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,338
    United Kingdom
    Judaism
    Private
    Posting something online shouldn't require a disclaimer so your political opponents don't hound you for it.

It really doesn't take much working out, but as New Stark rightly said: a mad man sees what he sees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,274
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Too bad some people just believe everything if it aligns with their worldview while it takes like 5 seconds to click the video and check YouTube comments and if you really work up to it use another few mins to verify from other sources that video is just propaganda.

Perhaps it would make you wonder why first you hear about his would be from some nobody YouTuber instead of Trump tweet or Fox News ?

But no....see a thread bashing Biden....chuckle like a villain.....hit informative rating.....bask in glorious self promotion of being proved RIGHT about the nefarious democrats and their mask use.

Then wait 5 mins while someone does the verification job you could have done yourself while the results make you look like an - imagine term here that would result in flaming report - shrug, shout Lalallalalalla, forget about it and repeat the process in next thread.

I love these forums. More basic humanity here then there was in caves when Neanderthals roamed about (and no you don’t have to believe in them).