• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Job sitution

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Daisysqueaks, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Daisysqueaks

Daisysqueaks Thank You for Your blessings, Lord

+503
    Baptist
    Married
    I feel I am being eaten alive with worry over what to do with my job. I currently work for a department store chain in the softline department. I like my job well enough and get along well with co-workers. I have even been able fellowship with some fellow believers and to witness to some others. The problem is that I had applied at a Christian Bookstore a full month before I had applied at the department store. I had pretty much given up hope they would ever call me back, but they have and they want me to come work for them. Same pay and about the same hours but it would be closer to home and hubby's work. And we only have one vehicle at the moment... But the department store has offered me a pretty signifant raise to stay. I only have til Monday to decide because I am supposed to start the other job Tuesday. I have prayed and prayer over what to do and I have come to ask myself two things:
    1)Did God, knowing that I needed a raise to help with some finacial burdens bring the bookstore into the picture to push job #1 to offer a raise because I would never ask for one myself (part shyness part pride I guess) or
    2)Is this a test of obedience to see if I will faithfully take the bookstore job?
    I guess this part advice and part prayer....
    Please pray that God gives me the wisdom to make the right choice.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. warriorofprayer

warriorofprayer Regular Member

+39
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I would look at it this way:

1. If you keep the department store job, you not only get the raise in pay, you have a greater opportunity to witness to others and be a testimony to others.

2. If you take the Christian Bookstore job, you will keep the same pay you are at now, and meet more Christians.

I will pray for the Lord to show you the right choice. I pray that the answer be so obvious that it won't burden you.

Best of Blessings to you.

3. Daisysqueaks

Daisysqueaks Thank You for Your blessings, Lord

+503
    Baptist
    Married
    Okay get this. Within just a few moments of posting this prayer I received a call from the manager of the bookstore. He was calling to ask me a question as far as taxes were concerned and I told him what the situation was. I was very honest with him and told him I was being offered money to stay. He was completely understanding when I said that I didn't think I could pass that opportunity up. He also suprised me by saying that I am welcome to come to work there if things don't work out at my current job! I am so thankful and I am praising God right now!:amen:Thanks so much for the prayers.

4. ForeverInHisArms

ForeverInHisArms Well-Known Member

+406
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Amen :amen:
    I so happy that you got your answer!

5. warriorofprayer

warriorofprayer Regular Member

+39
    Non-Denom
    Single
    :clap: That is great! God is so wonderful in working out His Master Plan!

6. Tofferer

Tofferer LCMS - Lutherie

+166
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    It would seem unto me that God truly saw your need and the test was that of whether you would seek fellow Christians for prayer and advice. This too is a form of faithfulness. I certainly do pray that you wil ultimately find where God is leading you, for indeed it would seem he has something in mind for you and is carefully leading you to that place.

7. BAFRIEND

BAFRIEND Well-Known Member

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    Good for you.

8. free2be

free2be Guest

+0
    I'm glad God gave you a clear answer.:) Isn't He awesome?!!

Bless you Daisy :hug: