Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For several months I have been searching for another job. Today I heard back from a company and they have offered me a potential interview at their office.
Next week I will travel to London for the interview by train probably. How do you prepare for interviews? What do I wear? Should I take a pen or not too? How long will the interview last? What do I expect? I have read some books on preparing for interviews with companies too.
I have the rest of the week to prep for this interview. My travel plans are sorted out already. Prayers for positive thoughts will be appreciated.
I initially saw a job advertisement in a local newspaper and emailed them asking some questions. They sent me a information pack that I filled out and sent off. Will there be any tests?
Do I accept the date offered or not? Excited and nervous.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dress in the nicest stuff you have; a dress shirt & slacks works fine.

Bring a pen & notebook, to take notes; it shows that you're paying attention & dedicated to the task at hand.

The length of the interview depends on the job, you, and the interviewers; I had 1 interview take 10 minutes, and another was supposed to take 30 minutes but took an hour. In the second case, it was a new place I was interviewing at, so we talked a lot about the camp during the interview.

I'd doubt there to be tests; maybe for a very competitive position. What kind of job are you interviewing for?

They'll most likely understand if you're nervous; as long as you can talk, you're good. It sounds like you got their packet sent back in a timely manner; you already have an advantage because of that.

Finally, write a thank-you note afterwards. It's good courtesy, especially for a Christian. Also, some employers don't hire people who don't send a thank-you!

Let us know if you want more advice; and give some more detail on this position, and if you know anything about who'll be interviewing you. And when the time comes, let us know how it goes!

Peace be with you; trust God, and you'll do fine.
Jesus, I trust in You.jpg

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. I have been offered a interview early next week. I have a lot of questions to ask them. I have been reading interview preparation books for ideas and suggestions. A lot of other companies have rejected me so this is a relief.

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
UPDATE

I emailed someone today to confirm things. She said that there will only be a literacy and numeracy test to do. Next Tuesday afternoon I am asked to come to the office to see her and be given a tour of the place as well. I also have a couple of questions to ask.

Upvote 0

Ann93

Apr 30, 2018
New York
✟14,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is good that you are preparing yourself for the interview. Have a few ideas about what you would say if they ask you about your strengths and weaknesses. Or sometimes they might ask you about what you did at your previous jobs and what you learned or why you left. I hope that you have a great experience.

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. I can’t wait for the interview next week either. This is my first proper office job I’ve been a childcare provider for several years now. Ever since I was thirteen years old I have been babysitting for local families. I need a change of environment and pace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
UPDATE

I went for the interview earlier today. It was held in a big office on the second floor of the whole building. I chatted with the interviewer and talked about how I could do the job. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,093.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is a bunch of stuff on the net about how to do well in interviews. The Bright Side Channel, on You Tube might be such a source. I pray you will have peace about this and do well on the interview and that you will get that job, and do great on it, and/or get another job that will be even more of a blessing.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,093.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is a bunch of stuff on the net about how to do well in interviews. The Bright Side Channel, on You Tube might be such a source. I pray you will have peace about this and that you will get that job, and do great on it, and/or get another job that will be even more of a blessing.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
UPDATE

I went for the interview earlier today. It was held in a big office on the second floor of the whole building. I chatted with the interviewer and talked about how I could do the job. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

:heart: Thank you for the update. Praying for you!!! (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
UPDATE 4

I got a email from the company to say that they are going to interview 2 more applicants and let me know if I am hired by the end of the month. This was today around lunch time. In the meantime I am currently researching other local companies and jobs online as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Congratulations on the job opportunity and interview! I would suggest that you simply be yourself at your interview. Relax and remember that while they are feeling out whether or not you'll be a good fit for their company, you are ALSO deciding if you think you're going to like working for them. The interview is just a conversation between two entities (you and the company) who are getting to know one another to see if you'd like to work together.
I would bring a pad and pen to take notes so that you will understand what they want. Also, I would write down (before you go) any questions you have. It's very easy to forget your questions when you're there IN a conversation. But if you have your questions in front of you, it can help you remember them.
Write down your experiences, talents, experiences and abilities so that you'll remember what you have to offer the company. Have you ever done a heroic act? Have you solved a problem for someone's situation? Write these down. They can help you.
I hope it goes well with you with all of your interviews.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
UPDATE 4

I got a email from the company to say that they are going to interview 2 more applicants and let me know if I am hired by the end of the month. This was today around lunch time. In the meantime I am currently researching other local companies and jobs online as well.

:heart: Thank you for the update. Praying that God opens door for blessings and extraordinary favor for you. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Bloom77

Apr 30, 2019
Penshurst
✟8,426.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Always research the company and go over your resume to see your skill set in case they ask you questions on tell me about yourself and describe your experience so far. every interview is different so you should not worry just try your best.

A Prayer For A Job Interview
(a short prayer to say before the interview)

Dear Lord,

Help me to give of my best today in this interview.
Wrap me in your loving arms when I feel insecure.
Hold me in your steady embrace when I feel nervous.
Help me to understand the questions I am asked,
And answer in a honest and inspired way.

In the interview, I pray you would show me if this is the right job for me.
I am your servant and I seek to do your will on this earth.
Lead me in your paths and guide me into all truth.

I ask all this in the beautiful name of Jesus
My Saviour and friend.

Amen.

Read more: 4 Prayers for a Job Interview - for success & blessings!

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UPDATE 4

You should have replied that you liked their company but you already have two offers to choose from so good luck with the 2 extra interveiws. ;)

ok - just joking but there is some wisdom here. Don't throw all your eggs in the one basket. Cast your net far and wide. If you don't have much experience then why not volunteer part-time. Does the church need some extra office help?

All the Best

Upvote 0