Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What does the Steele Dossier have to do with President Trump withholding Congressional approved aid to Ukraine unless they announced an investigation in the Bidens?

If some people did bad stuff, it's Ok for the President of the United States to do other bad stuff, because reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Check it out when you get home. It is worth the watch.

Only if Jim Jordan was sincerely asking questions for the purpose of information gathering. Every time he talked during the Intelligence Committee hearings I watched all he wanted to do was debunk testimonies.

"They got the (White House) meeting . . ." Uh, what? The meeting was CANCELED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
What does the Steele Dossier have to do with President Trump withholding Congressional approved aid to Ukraine unless they announced an investigation in the Bidens?

That aid was not withheld, nor was it threatened to be withheld.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That aid was not withheld, nor was it threatened to be withheld.

Everyone knows the aid was withheld. Republicans just don't want their man to be impeached, so they lie about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everyone knows the aid was withheld. Republicans just don't want their man to be impeached, so they lie about it.
The aid was said to be delayed under Trump. It wasn't withheld. They received it.

Aid WAS withheld during the Obama administration and we have the signed letters from Congress and the President stating the reasons why they withheld it. It isn't a crime to withhold aid.

I'm not a republican so you can drop that line of accusation when it comes to me. I'd be fine with impeachment if it were for a valid reason. There are good reasons which exist, this isn't one of them. When Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate Biden's son, he specifically told him to forward any information to the Attorney General, the appropriate place for such information to be forwarded. He did not ask that the information be given to his campaign staff, something that would be highly irregular and inappropriate.

Joe Biden was not even a political rival at the time.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Al, the fact that Ukraine finally got it does NOT mean it was not withheld. You would know this if you read the July 25 phone call transcript and actually thought about what 10 words meant.

If you actually read what I wrote in my response, you'd know that I have already acknowledged that it was delayed. And it was ultimately given. Withholding aid is not a crime. If it were then Congress would have to charge the Obama administration with a crime and themselves. Both withheld aid based on quid pro quos that they laid out in their communications with Ukraine.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was saying the fact the aid was eventually sent to Ukraine does NOT mean Trump never withheld it. His decision to finally ship it was because he got in trouble for not doing so.

Withholding it longer than 45 days is a crime. It happened 51 days after Congress approved the aid and only then because of the whistleblower report.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Withholding it longer than 45 days is a crime. It happened 51 days after Congress approved the aid and only then because of the whistleblower report.

You'll need to show me the law on that.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
No I don't. Ambassador Bill Taylor talked about it during his opening statements.

And did he cite the law? You made the assertion. It's on you to back it up, not me to disprove it.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
If you actually read what I wrote in my response, you'd know that I have already acknowledged that it was delayed. And it was ultimately given. Withholding aid is not a crime. If it were then Congress would have to charge the Obama administration with a crime and themselves. Both withheld aid based on quid pro quos that they laid out in their communications with Ukraine.

It was only given after the whistleblower report came to light and the Intelligence Committee launched their initial investigation. It's akin to a person leaving a department store about possession of unpaid for property and that person taking the stuff our of their pockets and say "I was just about to pay for it".

Biden was indeed a political rival for Trump at the time, and the Trump campaign spent money for negative advertising against Biden in the same timeframe as pressuring Zelinsky to announce an investigation into Burisma/Hunter Biden.

2020 Vision Friday: Will Trump's $10 million ad onslaught bury Biden?

• Winner
Reactions: Scholastica
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden was indeed a political rival for Trump at the time

Only if Biden was the democratic nominee for President. I must have missed the convention's selection.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0