Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
57854652_303.jpg

Jill Biden's 'LOVE' blazer draws comparisons to Melania Trump | DW | 11.06.2021

"On Thursday, Jill Biden wore a black blazer with the word "LOVE" studded in rhinestones on the back that sent the internet into a spin. Alongside President Joe Biden, Jill Biden was meeting with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his wife, Carrie Johnson, in Cornwall in the lead-up to the G7 summit.

'Bring love from America'
"Well, I think that we're bringing love from America," Jill Biden told a journalist when asked about the slogan. "I think that this is a global conference and we're trying to bring unity across the globe and I think that's important right now that you have a sense of unity."

But social media was more interested in comparisons with the infamous "I really don't care, do u?" jacket worn by former first lady Melania Trump on a visit to migrant detention camps on the US-Mexico border in Texas in 2018.

Trolling Melania?
At a time when the Trump administration had been separating children from migrant families, Melania Trump's slogan appeared to many to be in bad taste."

G7 summit 2021 start in Cornwall — as it happened | DW | 11.06.2021

Joe Biden a 'reliable ally' for Europe
Radek Sikorski, head of the European Parliament's delegation for relations with the United States, told DW that there is a certain amount of relief in Europe now that President Joe Biden is representing the US at the G7, instead of former President Donald Trump.

"We now have an honorable gentleman and a reliable ally. It doesn't mean we'll agree on everything, but it means that we can do things together," Sikorski said.

"He doesn't call the EU a foe, he doesn't say that he trusts Vladimir Putin more than he trusts the FBI, and we no longer live in fear that he will dissolve NATO with an overnight tweet," Sikorski added.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see it as trolling Melania (why she wore that jacket on that occasion is beyond me). I think it's all about messaging and correcting the last administration's neglect to convey a better image of us.

Okay, maybe a little trolling. I was honestly disappointed Melania wore that. Up to that moment I didn't like identifying her with her husband's attitudes. That's not fair, she's her own person. But that jacket's message was heartless. Her explanation didn't help.

I like Jill. She's super smart and seems to care. At least, her caring is what I get from the messaging, lol. That's good. We need to do international politics again, garnering the trust and support of allies for our own purposes. Just like the old days, lol.

Upvote 0