small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What can we know about the awesome Jewish people? Share whatever you would like about yourself and religion. What do you think of Christians?

I have been a Christian for over 70 years and a serious, but amateur, student of the bible and history for the last 30 years. I can say in honesty that the more I study Christianity the closer I draw to Judaism.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can say in honesty that the more I study Christianity the closer I draw to Judaism.

I can appreciate that thought Jack. The more I study the more I see that the truth is probably some place between the two... a place where both Yeshua and the Torah exist. It reminds me of Acts 21:20 which states in English, "many thousands of Jews believed and remained zealous for Torah." The word for "many thousands" is murias, which is the Greek word for 10,000 and it is in plural form. I have found that "about" 80,000 or so Jews lived in and around Jerusalem at that time which means as many as a quarter or more believed Yeshua was Messiah yet in practice were probably not as distinguishable from the other Jews as modern/Western Christianity might think.

Interestingly, I kind of see Christianity and Judaism as two created witnesses by God. Neither like the other so there is no chance of collusion, and yet both testify of the same God, the same coming Messiah, the same coming Kingdom, and so forth. Two witnesses that appear as bookends that when brought together complete the picture. (IMHO)

Blessings.
Ken

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
And a surprising amount live in Jew York.

I love all Jews, rich, poor, black, white, funny, solemn, artsy, and businesslike. But I have to say, one of the things I really like is when I see Jews enjoying being Jews. Whether it's eating Chinese on Christmas, or kids dressing up as Esther and Mordechai on Purim, or doing a shtik,or lighting Shabbat candles, or calling someone a Meshugenah, I love Jews who love being Jews.

Jews are survivors. In as much as we are Kings of Kvetching, the truth is that we know how to make lemonade out of lemons. Look at Jewish history, look anywhere around the world, and Jews prosper. We get kicked out of one place, and we just go somewhere else and dig in and work and excel. Although we seem to prefer cities (because the Orthodox walk to synagogue) there really is no environment that we can't conquer (consider how we turned deserts into thriving farms in Israel). That's why we are everywhere.

Do you know that when Benedict XVI was elected Pope, that Cardinal Lustiger (a Jew) was one of the Papabile? One of these days it will happen; one of our boys will even be in Peter's chair. Wow, what THAT will do for Catholic-Jewish relations.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aronbengilad
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Attention please.jpg
This thread has been cleaned of Off Topic posts and
ones that are against the SOP.
Please read the rules before posting here.
This is the topic, addressed to Jews.​

What can we know about the awesome Jewish people? Share whatever you would like about yourself and religion. What do you think of Christians?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I would like to draw your attention to the modern Einstein level intellect of Chaim Henry Tejman M.D. who in my opinion has set the stage for a paradigm shift in how we view our place in the universe / Multiverse and how our Creator thinks toward each of us.

There is a saying.... that in a relationship that the one who cares the least.... has the most power! What if G-d cares so much.... that G-d has given all of us astonishing artistic freedom.... because that is that G-d would want if our roles were reversed?

I have nominated Dr. Chaim Tejman for the one million dollar origin of life prize.

Upvote 0