• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Jewish members who visit CF

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by ShirChadash, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futuwwa

Futuwwa Well-Known Member

+185
    Muslim
    Single
    Well, Paul makes clear in rather uncertain terms in his letters that the old covenant has been replaced with a new.

2. Meshavrischika

Meshavrischika for Thy greater honor and glory

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    how can a messiah promised to the Jews be a replacement or considered "new" when it was a promise that happened before christ? that's weird.

3. ChazakEmunah

ChazakEmunah Emunah Sh'liach

+209
    Judaism
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Because although Jewishness is passed by the mother, tribal lineage is passed by the father. The Messiah must be descended from the line of David through his father. And adoption doesn't cut it. If a person is not descended from David, then they are automatically disqualified from ever being the Messiah.

4. anisavta

anisavta Never Forget!

+666
    Messianic
    Married
    Please explain to me what you consider old covenant and what you consider new.

As far as what do Jews think of Messianics - depends on who you talk to. The spectrum is all the way from live and let live to hatred and annihilation.
    Messianic is a relative term. Those of us who believe in Yeshua as Mashiach of couse connect Messianic to Yeshua, but Lubavitchers are also considered messianic because they believe their messiah has come in the person of Rabbi Schneerson.
    Most in the middle Jews think Messianics are going against Judaism because of the declaration, "Sh'mah Israel ADONAI Eloheinu ADONAI echad. Hear O Israel the LORD our G~d, the LORD is one. They don't understand and connect that echad does not mean the number one, but a unity. However there is a small but powerful sect of Jews who feel Messianics are worse than Hamas and are stealing the souls of Jews. This animosity stems from all the persecution Jews have had to endure at the hands of "christians" thru the centuries. They want all Christians and Jewish believers in Yeshua killed.

5. Meshavrischika

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    well, when I refer to Messianic I mean my messiah :wink: hehehe...

regardless, being a Jew is BEING not doing necessarily. I can sit in a garage but I am not a car.

6. rhyddid_rose

rhyddid_rose Cymru am byth

+69
    Other Religion
    Single
    UK-Conservative
    Bore da. Sut mae?

OK this little ol' Heathen is confused. :confused: What is Replacement Theology? I'm not familiar with that term.

Hail Heimdall,
    Rhyddid Rose Rhys

7. Meshavrischika

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    christians have replaced Jews as God's chosen people basically (though there are more lax and more severe interpretations this is how I see it as being presented - though I don't buy it)

8. anisavta

anisavta Never Forget!

+666
    Messianic
    Married
    replacement theology. One more way hasatan has tried to steal, kill and destroy.

9. ChavaK

ChavaK להיות טוב ולעשות טוב

+1,439
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican

I agree....they are Christians who refuse to admit they are Christian.

Until they do teshuva, and repent of their idol worship, they are
    an affront to G-d and Torah.

10. ChavaK

+1,439
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    A small percentage of Lubavitchers believe this.....
    That, plus Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophecies; and we do not
    believe the moshiach is coming to redeem us personally from sin.
    A unity of the trinity? Is that what you are saying? I am not sure I
    understand this comment. And you are an expert on what we should
    believe; that we do not understand Hebrew?
    this must be a very small, powerless sect of Jews because I have never
    heard a Jew say a Messianic Jew should be killed. We pray that they
    give up the avoda zara, not that they should be killed. And I have never
    heard any Jew say Chrisitians killed.....what the Christians believe is
    irrelevant to us...

11. Meshavrischika

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    Now.... can we all agree to put "I believe" so that some of us don't get offended? I do believe that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies... and this kinda irks me. Love ya Chava, really, but it is not factual in all people's lives as it is in yours. I'm not offended, but felt like I needed to say that we all have (or alot of us have) differing opinions and the statement "I believe" can soften things to the point there is not offense, but understanding of our differences.

12. ChavaK

+1,439
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    I understand your point, and of course did not mean to offend you :hug:

It just seems redudent to say "I believe...".
    Of course that is what I believe or I wouldn't be saying what I am saying.;)

Guess I have gotten conditioned by the MF, where no one says "I believe",
    more along the lines of "this is the way it is, period", LOL.

13. Meshavrischika

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    I understand totally. I sometimes seem harsh in how I present myself without intent to be so. :) lol. I believe is the basis for all faith, is it not?

14. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,503
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Shalom ChavaK. What do you make of these 2 passages in the OT/OC? How will YHWH atone the Hebrew Israelites/Jews from the "Death and Sheol"? Just curious on the Jewish view of this. Thanks. :wave:

Isaiah 28:15 Because ye-say: `We-cut/karath a-Covenant with Death, And-with [email protected]'owl we-made a seer/02374 chozeh,
    18 And-shall-be-atoned/03722 kaphar, Covenant-of-you with Death, and-seer/02380 chazuwth with [email protected]'owl,..[#02374 used in 2 Samuel 24:11]

Hosea 13:14 "From hand of [email protected]'owl I shall release/rescue/06299 padah them; from Death I shall Redeem/01350 ga'al them. Where plagues of you Death?. Where sting of you [email protected]'owl? Regret shall be hidden from My eyes.

15. ShirChadash

ShirChadash A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!

+573
    Judaism
    Married
    LLOJ is there some reason you couldn't possibly use a less annoying-to-read as all get out version of the Bible, when you share verses for discussion purposes?

16. anisavta

anisavta Never Forget!

+666
    Messianic
    Married
    Actually there are over 300 prophesies that Yeshua fulfilled. The first one being Genesis 3:15.
    If HaMoshiach is only a political redeemer, why did he not rescue His people from the holocaust - that was the worst possible time in our existence. I would have had family not have to go thru the horrors of that then. When would be a good time for him to come? What political regime would warrant him to come back? And if not politically and if not spiritually, why would a moshiach be needed at all? What do we need to be redeemed from?

I wish you were wrong about the sect beign weak and powerless.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jmorgantv

This situation I am personally involved with. Watching the videos were difficult for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EsAIr1kiMw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IklgIRv3764

17. LittleLambofJesus

+28,503
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :confused: This is direct from the Hebrew and how I prefer to translate the Sacred Scriptures. How do you translate them?

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1028.htm

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Isaiah 28:15 Because ye-say: `We-cut a-Covenant with Death, And-with [email protected]'owl we-made a seer,
    18 And-shall-be-atoned/03722 kaphar, Covenant-of-you with Death, and-seer with [email protected]'owl,.

טו כִּי אֲמַרְתֶּם, כָּרַתְנוּ בְרִית אֶת-מָוֶת, וְעִם-שְׁאוֹל, עָשִׂינוּ חֹזֶה; שיט (שׁוֹט) שׁוֹטֵף כִּי-עבר (יַעֲבֹר) לֹא יְבוֹאֵנוּ, כִּי שַׂמְנוּ כָזָב מַחְסֵנוּ וּבַשֶּׁקֶר
    נִסְתָּרְנוּ. {פ}

18. LittleLambofJesus

+28,503
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Hi. But He was suppose to fulfill ALL of them in order for the Jews/Israelites to know He was the Messiah. What ones did he FAIL to fulfill for them if I may ask?

The way Revelation reads, He Consummated everything prophecied concerning the OC Nations of Judah and Israel.
    Paul is quoting from Zech 14:5 the same event shown in the Jewish/Hebrew book of Revelation. Still studying on this though. Thoughts? :wave:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

1 Thessalonians 3:13 Into the stand-fast of ye, the hearts blameless in together-holiness before the God and Father of us in the Parousia <3952> of the Lord of us, Jesus Christ, with all of the holy-ones of Him [Zech 14:5/Revelation 19:11.]

Reve 19:11 And I perceived the heaven having be opened and Lo! A horse, white and the One sitting on it/him being called Faithful and True and in justice He is judging and is battling. 14 And the armies, the in the heaven, followed to him on horses, white, having been inslipped/dressed linen, white, clean,

Zech 14:5 And you flee ravine of mountains, that he shall touch ravine of mountains to 'Atsel. And you flee as which you fled from before the earthquake in days of `Uzziyah king of [email protected] and He comes, YHWH my Elohiym, all of holy-ones with You. [1 Thess 3:13/Reve 19]

19. ChavaK

+1,439
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Christians read many verses...such as this...as being prophetic
    where as Judaism does not see them as such.
    Christianity also reads many prophecies as relating to the moshiach,
    which again Judaism interprets differently.
    I can ask the same thing about Jesus...why did he not come back for
    his second appearance, and save Jews? Was he only sent to redeem
    people from their personal sin, rather than be saved from physical
    destruction? Why did he not come back, save them from the ovens, and then redeem them from sin?
    Is it right-from a Christian POV-to allow these millions to be murdered while in a "unsaved" state?

It is a question that has never been answered in a satisfactory manner...
    why did G-d allow it to happen?

The moshiach will come either when we merit his arrival, or when we are
    so far lost that his appearance is necessary to get us on the road to
    teshuva.

20. Meshavrischika

+1,358
    Catholic
    Single
    i think the hard part is that (at least for me) my christianity causes me to pretty much dismiss the body as a thing i should worry about long term... thus, while there are horrible things that can and do happen on this earth, they are of secondary importance to me. KWIM Chava?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.