Jesus words more important then the letters ?

Hilbrand

Jul 23, 2017
Veenendaal
✟18,340.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Single
Beloved,

first of all live forever!

i have a few questions
are Jesus words more important then the letters of Paul,Peter,John ? and what about the old testament ? Anybody know a good book about it or teaching on youtube?
But i also want to know , wat do you think?

the reason i ask this is because for example what i read in the book of Jeremiah

Jeremiah 18:21 (ESV)

21Therefore deliver up their children to famine; give them over to the power of the sword; let their wives become childless and widowed. May their men meet death by pestilence, their youths be struck down by the sword in battle.

Jesus had said that we must bless our enemies , not to curse anyone

Matthew 5:44 (KJV 1900)

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

also when one of the disciples ask of he should ask to come fire down from heaven, Jesus rebuked them and thereby also Eliah and all the other prophets who has asked this.

Luke 9:54 (KJV 1900)

54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

thanks in advance and keep winning!

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved,

i have a few questions
are Jesus words more important then the letters of Paul,Peter,John ? and what about the old testament ? Anybody know a good book about it or teaching on youtube?

the reason i ask this is because for example what i read in the book of Jeremiah

21Therefore deliver up their children to famine; give them over to the power of the sword; let their wives become childless and widowed. May their men meet death by pestilence, their youths be struck down by the sword in battle.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

also when one of the disciples ask of he should ask to come fire down from heaven, Jesus rebuked them and thereby also Eliah and all the other prophets who has asked this.

54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

Jesus was under the Old Covenant, and much of what he said until Calvary pertained to the spiritual truth contained in the old. But many missed what the Old actually said. Paul and the other NT writers imported much of what Jesus said into the New Covenant and we incorporate it into our beliefs. The rest we use for commentary and instruction.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Beloved,

i have a few questions

Hi Hilbrand,
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place to have questions commented on, yes, the Gospels give the teaching of Jesus, the letters are also from the Lord, guided by the Holy Spirit.

The Old Testament is the history from the Jewish nation, and I treat it with respect,
the Psalms are so useful and provide insight, and also are useful on a personal basis.

I pray that the Lord will help you as you seek him through the Scriptures.

welcome.jpg

Upvote 0