Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The huge crux in the Church, is, how could Jesus be fully free-willed man, capable of sin (yet freely chose to never sin), and, incapable of sin, Eternal God, from before Creation, during the same period in physical time?

I have solved the crux.

God exists outside of physical time. Our Omnipotent God can hold the whole of the universe, from before creation, to beyond the end of time, in the Palm of His Hand. God is Omni-Present to the whole of worldly physical time. When God the Father Eternally Begot Jesus, Jesus now becomes Omni-Present God, to the whole of physical time, like the Father. Once Eternally Begotten of God, Jesus now Exists as God for all Eternity to past, present and future, physical time. Once Eternally Begotten of God, Jesus now assists the Father to bring Creation into existence. Jesus comes incarnate to His mother Mary as free-willed man.

John 17:4 (Jesus speaks after his death and resurrection.)
"I have given you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. Do you now, Father, give me glory at your side, a glory I had with you before the world began."

Psalms 2:7
The LORD said
to me, 'You are my son; this day I have begotten you. Ask of me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession.
Revelation 1:17
" . . . I am the First and the Last and the One who lives. Once I was dead but now I live forever and ever. . . ."

Revelation 2:8
"The First and the Last who once died but now lives has this to say. . . ."

Acts 2:33
"Exalted at God's right hand, he first received the promised Holy Spirit from the Father, then poured this Spirit out on us. This is what you now see and hear. David did not go up to heaven, yet David says,
'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool. Therefore let the whole house of Israel know beyond any doubt that God has made both Lord and Messiah this Jesus whom you crucified.'"

Matthew 28:18 (Jesus is speaking after His resurrection.)
Jesus came forward and addressed them in these words: "Full authority has been given to me both in heaven and on earth. . . ."

John 8:58
Jesus answered them: "I solemnly declare it: before Abraham came to be, I AM."

Quoted from: Jesus loves God

Last edited:

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why solve a problem that was solved by the church fathers in the mid-fifth century?

See Chalcedonian creed and Jesus not knowing the time of his return to understand how they accomplished it. Go to the link on the Reasonable Faith reference and you will see a detailed discussion.

Think it was Theodore of Mopsuestia who solved it if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The huge crux in the Church, is, how could Jesus be fully free-willed man, capable of sin (yet freely chose to never sin), and, incapable of sin, Eternal God, from before Creation, during the same period in physical time?

Nope, not a "crux" for the Church.

Jesus died on the only "crux" for the Church.

Faith bears all questions until we can know Him face-to-face, so it's not a "crux" for the faithful.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, not a "crux" for the Church.
Jesus died on the only "crux" for the Church.
Faith bears all questions until we can know Him face-to-face, so it's not a "crux" for the faithful.

Definition of crux

1: a puzzling or difficult problem : an unsolved question. The origin of the word is a scholarly crux.

2: an essential point requiring resolution or resolving an outcome
Quoted from: Definition of CRUX

Hello RD Kirk,
Do you understand the definition of the word 'Crux'?

Yes, we the Church, on faith alone, believe it to be true. Jesus was fully free-willed man, capable of sin (yet never sinned), and fully Eternal God, incapable of sin, while He walked the earth. We believe this to be true, even though it has been a mystery for the Church for the past 2000 years. Thus it has been a Crux, for the Church.

In Latin, crux referred literally to an instrument of torture, often a cross or stake, and figuratively to the torture and misery inflicted by means of such an instrument. Crux eventually developed the sense of "a puzzling or difficult problem"; that was the first meaning that was used when the word entered English in the early 18th century. Later, in the late 19th century, crux began to be used more specifically to refer to an essential point of a legal case that required resolution before the case as a whole could be resolved. Today, the verdict on crux is that it can be used to refer to any important part of a problem or argument, inside or outside of the courtroom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Definition of crux

1: a puzzling or difficult problem : an unsolved question. The origin of the word is a scholarly crux.

2: an essential point requiring resolution or resolving an outcome

Hello RD Kirk,
Do you understand the definition of the word 'Crux'?

Yes, I studied Latin in high school and college. You apparently didn't read the whole of your own link.

And my point is that your question is not, by any means or definition whatsoever, "the huge crux" upon which the Body of Christ hangs.

There have been millions of Christians over the last two millennia who haven't worried much about it at all.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And my point is that your question is not, by any means or definition whatsoever, "the huge crux" upon which the Body of Christ hangs. There have been millions of Christians over the last two millennia who haven't worried much about it at all.

Hello RDKirk,
I have run into many Christians, in our era, who preach that Jesus could not sin because He is God.

Jesus has made it clear that He had human free-will, and His temptations were real, and difficult. Jesus has made it clear that He had freedom from the Will of the Father, and could have chosen not to die on the cross for our sins. Instead, using human free-will, Jesus freely chose to love God the Father, through obedience to the Father, and love for mankind. Perfectly!

Jesus has made it clear that we are to do as He has done, and love God, through obedience to God; Not perfectly, but with all our hearts, with all our strength, with all our minds and with all our souls. And to love our neighbor as ourselves, as He has done. I hear a great number of 'faith alone' Christians out there telling people not to even try to love God through obedience to God, because they feel Jesus could only do it, because He is God.

I feel, Christians firmly understanding that Jesus was fully free-willed man, as we are, is a big deal.

Luke 22:42
"Father, if it is your will, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done."

John 10:17
"The Father loves me for this: that I lay down my life to take it up again. No one takes it from me; I lay it down freely."

John 15:12
This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you. There is no greater love than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.

John 14:30
"I shall not go on speaking to you longer; the Prince of this world is at hand. He has no hold on me, but the world must know that I love the Father and do as the Father has commanded me."

John 4:34
"Doing the will of him who sent me and bringing his work to completion is my food."

Hebrews 4:14
Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our profession of faith. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet never sinned. So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and favor and to find help in time of need.

Hebrews 2:14
Now, since the children are men of blood and flesh, Jesus likewise had a full share in ours, that by his death he might rob the devil, the prince of death, of his power, and free those who through fear of death had been slaves their whole life long. Surely he did not come to help angels, but rather the children of Abraham; therefore he had to become like his brothers in every way, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest before God on their behalf, to expiate the sins of the people. Since he was himself tested through what he suffered, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the LORD himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel. He shall be living on curds and honey by the time he learns to reject the bad and choose the good.

Romans 5:18
To sum up, then: just as a single offense brought condemnation to all men, a single righteous act brought all men acquittal and life. Just as through one man's disobedience all became sinners, so through one man's obedience all shall become just.

Hebrews 5:5

Even Christ did not glorify himself with the office of high priest; he received it from the One who said to him, "You are my son; today I have begotten you," just as he says in another place:
"You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedeck."
In the days when he was in the flesh, he offered prayers and supplications with loud cries and tears to God, who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered; and when perfected, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obeyed him, designed by God as high priest according to the order of Melchizedek.​

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello RDKirk,
I have run into many Christians, in our era, who preach that Jesus could not sin because He is God.

I think you missed my point: The answer to what you think is a problem is not a problem because it doesn't matter.

Those Christians who believe that Jesus could not sin because He is God continue to persevere in faith.

So it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you missed my point: The answer to what you think is a problem is not a problem because it doesn't matter.
Those Christians who believe that Jesus could not sin because He is God continue to persevere in faith.
So it doesn't matter.

Matthew 7:21
"None of those who cry out, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. When that day comes, many will plead with me, 'Lord, Lord,' have we not prophesied in your name? have we not exorcized demons by its power? Did we not do many miracles in your nameas well? Then I will declare to them solemnly, I never knew you. Out of my sight, you evildoers!"
Hello RDKirk,
Depends on what you mean by 'continue to persevere in faith'. Jesus describes Judgement Day as a day when He casts many Christians into hell because they were evildoers who did not love God, through obedience to God, with all their hearts, with all their strength, with all their minds and with all their souls.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21
"None of those who cry out, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. When that day comes, many will plead with me, 'Lord, Lord,' have we not prophesied in your name? have we not exorcized demons by its power? Did we not do many miracles in your nameas well? Then I will declare to them solemnly, I never knew you. Out of my sight, you evildoers!"
Hello RDKirk,
Depends on what you mean by 'continue to persevere in faith'. Jesus describes Judgement Day as a day when He casts many Christians into hell because they were evildoers who did not love God, through obedience to God, with all their hearts, with all their strength, with all their minds and with all their souls.

A. That's your interpretation of that passage.

B. It doesn't address my point that your "crux" doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mark 12:18
Then some Sadducees who hold there is no resurrection came to him with a question ...\\...12:24 Jesus said: "You are badly misled, because you fail to understand the Scriptures or the power of God . When people rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage but live like angels in heaven. As to the raising of the dead, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God told him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob'? He is the God of the living not of the dead, You are very much mistaken."
Jesus tells us that Abraham is already resurrected, aka 'born again', and living in heaven, before Jesus died for his sins on the cross, in physical time. Abraham, already saw Jesus' Day of Judgement and Salvation "Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad." before Jesus died for his sins on the cross, in physical time. The only way Abraham can already be in heaven, is through the Blood of Jesus. While Jesus walked the earth, before his death on the cross, Abraham was already born again, through the blood of Jesus, upon his resurrection, and living in spiritual life, omni-present to the whole of physical time, from before Jesus was even born, in physical time.

Jesus, of course, is Eternally Begotten of God, aka born again, after His death on the cross, and Resurrects into Omi-Present to all past physical time, First, and ahead of Abraham.

John 8:50
'Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever keeps my word will never see death.' (So) the Jews said to him, 'Now we are sure that you are possessed. Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, 'Whoever keeps my word will never taste death.' Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? Or the prophets, who died? Who do you make yourself out to be?' Jesus answered, 'If I glorify myself, my glory is worth nothing; but it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.' You do not know him, but I know him. And if I should say that I do not know him, I would be like you a liar. But I do know him and I keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad. So the Jews said to him, 'You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.'

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct. Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Luke 20:37

Moses in the passage about the bush showed that the dead rise again when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. God is not the God of the dead but of the living. All are alive for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums