Jesus was born on July 27, 7 BCE. Merry Christmas!

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Jesus" was born sometime in the 16th century...

"The letter J was first distinguished from 'I' by the Frenchman Pierre Ramus in the 16th century, but did not become common in Modern English until the 17th century, so that early 17th century works such as the first edition of the King James Version of the Bible (1611) continued to print the name with an I."
Jesus (name) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Jesus" was born sometime in the 16th century...

"The letter J was first distinguished from 'I' by the Frenchman Pierre Ramus in the 16th century, but did not become common in Modern English until the 17th century, so that early 17th century works such as the first edition of the King James Version of the Bible (1611) continued to print the name with an I."
Jesus (name) - Wikipedia
Isn't December 25th his birthday and not July 27th

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeshua was a common alternative form of the name Yehoshuah or in the English Joshua. In Greek the spelling is Iesous. In Latin the spelling is Iesus. In English the spelling is Jesus. The name "Jesus" is fully accurate for any English translation of the Greek name.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Was Jesus actually born in September?

"the theory that Jesus was born in September depends on the timing of John the Baptist’s birth. These biblical facts lay the groundwork: John’s father, a priest named Zechariah, was taking his turn to serve in the temple when the angel Gabriel appeared to him and announced that Elizabeth, Zechariah’s wife, would conceive a son (Luke 1:8–13). After Zechariah returned home, his wife conceived, just as the angel had said (Luke 1:23–24). Gabriel then visited Mary to announce the miraculous conception of Jesus, and this visit came in the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy (Luke 1:26, 36). Another important detail: Zechariah “belonged to the priestly division of Abijah” (Luke 1:5).

Using the above information, the calculations are made thus: the priests in the Abijah division served from June 13—19. Assuming that Elizabeth conceived shortly after Gabriel’s announcement to Zechariah, her sixth month—the month that Gabriel visits Mary—would be December or January. Assuming that Mary conceives shortly after Gabriel’s announcement to her, Jesus would have been born nine months later, i.e., August or September."

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Isn't December 25th his birthday and not July 27th

No, December 25th was actually a pagan holiday Christians stole from Satan. Have you ever heard of the abomination of desolation? That was on December 25, 168 BC. (There were other abomination of desolation, like 70 AD which the Jews revolted against Rome, from 66 AD to 73 AD (7 years!/one prophetic week)

One of the emperors after Constantine, I believe the second one, made paganism illegal, and everyone had to be a Christian as the state religion. To make the transition easier for the people, their festivals and holidays were Christianized. Also their pagan temples of the gods and goddesses, were turned into church buildings (the first churches) and the pagan priests were turned into Catholic priests. Easter had been a celebration for Tammuz.

Even so, it is not a sin to honor Christ on these dates. In doing so, no one even remembers the original reasons for the holidays.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hebrews didn't really do birthdays...they just honored the person's death..."in remembrance of me"...this is what He told us.

Even so, we used a pagan birthday to celebrate Christ's death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
;

His name actually means something...as most names do, as you will find if you do some digging...

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dont think Jesus is going to be upset if we celebrate His birthday on a date which may not be accurate.

It was approx 2,000 years ago!

Celebrating His birth is the most important thing even if the date cannot be 100% verified.

Upvote 0