temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
When he liberated a demon-possessed saying: take care, or something worse could happen to you.

What is the meaning of this? It's similar to the bears that killed the boys laughing the bald prophet?

This is interesting to analyze.

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When he liberated a demon-possessed saying: take care, or something worse could happen to you.

What is the meaning of this? It's similar to the bears that killed the bald prophet?

Luke 11
24 “When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ 25 And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The imperative is for the person to get saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Luke 11:24-26 - "“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ 25 When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

Edit: Ninja'd

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is the meaning of this? It's similar to the bears that killed the boys laughing the bald prophet?

about the Luke 11 moment quoted above, it continues --
24“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

27As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.”

28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

------
This is similar to many other moments actually:

John 5:14 Afterward, Jesus found the man at the temple and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you."

John 8:11 "No one, Lord," she answered. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Now go and sin no more."

John 8:34 Jesus replied, "Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

and! --

Revelation 2:5 Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first. But if you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

------------
When we walk away from God in sins, we can repent...but we do have to repent. If we do, He is just and merciful to forgive! (1rst John chapter 1)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No Jesus said this to the lake man by the pool at Bethesda, after he healed him and met him in the temple.

The worse thing would be loosing out on salvation.

Upvote 0

GuyNad

Jan 22, 2016
Edmundston
✟23,540.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

I personally compare this to someone who has an addiction with alcohol and drug and finally get delivered. If that person doesn't take care and do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober, he might fall back to where he was previously and worse.

Not only will he be in the same bad condition he was, but all the things that didn't happen to him then, can happen to him in the future and he might not get that lucky this time and end in the street, in an asylum, in prison, or simply die out of his addictions.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John 5:14. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said unto him, “Behold, thou art made whole. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” He didn't say take care. He said stop sinning. What is sin? It's listening to those spirits that put thoughts in our heads and following through and doing the act.
Ephesians 6:12 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. In other words Jesus told him to stop following through on the lust of the spirits (demons)

Upvote 0