✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14 (NCPB)

When Jesus says “this gospel of the kingdom”, he means the one he preached and not the one the Pharisees preached. But many today replace his kingdom with the Pharisee’s kingdom and believe that gospel instead.

The main difference between Jesus’ kingdom and the Pharisee’s kingdom is their make-up. Jesus taught the kingdom is spiritual. The Pharisees taught the kingdom is physical. Jesus preached a kingdom of faith. The Pharisees preached a kingdom of sight. Jesus said the kingdom was present, the Pharisees said it was future., If you put it into theological terms, Jesus preached Amillennialism and the Pharisees preached Millennialism.

But today, many side with the Pharisees and substitute their Millennialism as the kingdom Jesus preached which makes it a false gospel. Following are many proof texts that show Jesus taught an Amillennial kingdom only.

Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

“When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

So when Jesus preached the gospel of the spiritual kingdom, the Pharisees rejected him because it wasn’t what they expected. According to Daniel, God set up his everlasting kingdom in the time of the Roman Empire. But since the Pharisees read the kingdom prophecies as you would a cook-book, they rejected Jesus not grasping that he based his spiritual kingdom on prophetic symbols. This meant, Jesus in teaching a spiritual kingdom, revealed all the kingdom prophecies used material symbols to represent the spiritual realities in the kingdom of God. Some examples follow.

Where the Pharisees sought a third temple saw by Ezekiel, Jesus claimed he is the temple. In fact the Jews killed him over this. Saying if they destroy this temple, speaking of his body, he would raise it up in three days.

Where the Pharisees expected Elijah’s return, according to Jesus, John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah instead.

Where the Pharisees expected David’s descendant to reestablish and rule from his throne over the world in Jerusalem, scripture teaches that Jesus now sits on David’s throne in heavenly Jerusalem above.

And so it remains today. Many look for the prophetic symbols to appear instead of what they represent. And read the kingdom prophecies as the Pharisees did. And look for a future physical kingdom of sight. But some read the prophets symbolically as Jesus and the disciples taught, and see their fulfillment now by faith in his present spiritual kingdom over the world. Which is the gospel of the kingdom Jesus told us to preach until the end.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14 (NCPB)

When Jesus says “this gospel of the kingdom”, he means the one he preached and not the one the Pharisees preached. But many today replace his kingdom with the Pharisee’s kingdom and believe that gospel instead.

The main difference between Jesus’ kingdom and the Pharisee’s kingdom is their make-up. Jesus taught the kingdom is spiritual. The Pharisees taught the kingdom is physical. Jesus preached a kingdom of faith. The Pharisees preached a kingdom of sight. Jesus said the kingdom was present, the Pharisees said it was future., If you put it into theological terms, Jesus preached Amillennialism and the Pharisees preached Millennialism.

But today, many side with the Pharisees and substitute their Millennialism as the kingdom Jesus preached which makes it a false gospel. Following are many proof texts that show Jesus taught an Amillennial kingdom only.

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

“When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

So when Jesus preached the gospel of the spiritual kingdom, the Pharisees rejected him because it wasn’t what they expected. According to Daniel, God set up his everlasting kingdom in the time of the Roman Empire. But since the Pharisees read the kingdom prophecies as you would a cook-book, they rejected Jesus not grasping that he based his spiritual kingdom on prophetic symbols. This meant, Jesus in teaching a spiritual kingdom, revealed all the kingdom prophecies used material symbols to represent the spiritual realities in the kingdom of God. Some examples follow.

Where the Pharisees sought a third temple saw by Ezekiel, Jesus claimed he is the temple. In fact the Jews killed him over this. Saying if they destroy this temple, speaking of his body, he would raise it up in three days.

Where the Pharisees expected Elijah’s return, according to Jesus, John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah instead.

Where the Pharisees expected David’s descendant to reestablish and rule from his throne over the world in Jerusalem, scripture teaches that Jesus now sits on David’s throne in heavenly Jerusalem above.

And so it remains today. Many look for the prophetic symbols to appear instead of what they represent. And read the kingdom prophecies as the Pharisees did. And look for a future physical kingdom of sight. But some read the prophets symbolically as Jesus and the disciples taught, and see their fulfillment now by faith in his present spiritual kingdom over the world. Which is the gospel of the kingdom Jesus told us to preach until the end.

Agree with all that

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am not going to go over every single verse you posted but.
Do you understand that when Jesus stated that the kingdom is at hand (Matthew 3:2)

God (Jesus) had come to earth to offer the Jewish nation the millennium kingdom reign , a physical kingdom on earth. It was at hand all the Jews had to do to bring this kingdom in to existence, was to believe that Jesus was the promised Messiah from the Tanakh's prophecies.
Rome would have executed the Messiah on the cross, to take away the sin of the world. Jesus would be resurrected three days later and set up the millennium Kingdom then and there for the nation of Israel and would rule the earth from Israel for a thousand years.

A physical rule on earth for a thousand years, but the Jews rejected the offer Matthew 12 and Jesus changed His objected to no longer offering the Kingdom. To training the apostles and disciples for the up and coming ministry.

• Winner
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God (Jesus) had come to earth to offer the Jewish nation the millennium kingdom reign , a physical kingdom on earth. It was at hand all the Jews had to do to bring this kingdom in to existence, was to believe that Jesus was the promised Messiah from the Tanakh's prophecies.
Rome would have executed the Messiah on the cross, to take away the sin of the world. Jesus would be resurrected three days later and set up the millennium Kingdom then and there for the nation of Israel and would rule the earth from Israel for a thousand years.

A physical rule on earth for a thousand years, but the Jews rejected the offer Matthew 12 and Jesus changed His objected to no longer offering the Kingdom. To training the apostles and disciples for the up and coming ministry.
Which religion teaches this?

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some people have the idea that a "spiritual" kingdom is not a "real" kingdom.

Because Christ's body, which ate food after His resurrection, went to heaven, we know there is also some physical aspect to what is to come.

Not only did Christ pay for our sin debt at Calvary, but He also paid to reverse the curse.
Many believe the creation will eventually have some aspects of the way it was before the fall.

Our small minds cannot understand this completely.

We should also remember that the relationship between matter and energy is still not fully understood, today.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people have the idea that a "spiritual" kingdom is not a "real" kingdom.

Because Christ's body, which ate food after His resurrection, went to heaven, we know there is also some physical aspect to what is to come.

Not only did Christ pay for our sin debt at Calvary, but He also paid to reverse the curse.
Many believe the creation will eventually have some aspects of the way it was before the fall.

Our small minds cannot understand this completely.

We should also remember that the relationship between matter and energy is still not fully understood, today.

I think we are in for something much different. Paul was there and said it is impossible to describe. Also, Jesus is God who dwells in light unapproachable.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not going to go over every single verse you posted but.
Do you understand that when Jesus stated that the kingdom is at hand (Matthew 3:2)

This is not true. The kingdom came in the time of the Roman Empire. It was not the pharisee's millennial kingdom. It was a spiritual kingdom only the born-again could see. The Pharisees killed Jesus over it. God never offered them their misconceived lie of a millennial kingdom.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is not true. The kingdom came in the time of the Roman Empire. It was not the pharisee's millennial kingdom. It was a spiritual kingdom only the born-again could see. The Pharisees killed Jesus over it. God never offered them their misconceived lie of a millennial kingdom.

I've never read of a pharisee millennium.
What sources are you reading outside of scripture?

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
So if there is no kingdom, why did Jesus say John would see the Son of man coming? Which Coming? All present that day saw the current Coming. All in the NT indicated that the current kingdom was spiritual, but there would be a physical Second Coming. Why would Jesus say He would return and then preach, "just kidding, I am an amil, and reject what you all will soon write of me."? At what point do the physical kingdoms become God’s. The church 1000 years ago thought they had to kill the rest of the world to hand over the kingdom to God. That did not work out very well. Spreading the Gospel has not changed the hearts of humans to God. So if Jesus does not come physically and rule for the 1000 years, John, the human alive in the 1st century, did live to witness and record, what is the point of any second coming? John who, I am sure can figure out the end of 1000 years, witnessed a literal 1000 years. And also witnessed the end, when Jesus hands over a completed 1000 year reign, not some figment of imagination. When Jesus successful hands over the kingdom, then God declares Death to be completely destroyed as well. God’s plan of this 8000 year reality will be finished, and God will declare a new reality.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Which religion teaches this?
The same one that says "Pharisees" claim John's Revelation 20 Millennium is not physical.

Can you not see, the church has become the religion of a new group of Pharisees and Sadducees? Surely this should be a huge sign that The Coming of the Lamb is any day now.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation depicts the end of the world 7 times. But not one of them depicts a millennial kingdom preceding the end. Millennialism hijacked the gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached and turned it into a false gospel originating in Phariseeism.

The end of this false gospel is apostasy when they call for a return to animal sacrifices which is an unforgivable sin according to Hebrews 6. Do you intend to offer animal sacrifices? If so, you probably have already crossed the line.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

yes the kingdom is at hand ... in truth it always has been from the beginning ...

the Jews murdered Jesus because by calling God his Father made himself to be equal to God .....

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Do you think the gospel will exist during the Millenium?

Upvote 0