iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'JESUS’ TRUE FAMILY - Matthew 12

46 While He (Christ) yet talked to the people (concerns the terrible Word He has just delivered concerning Israel’s present and future state), behold, His mother and His brethren stood without, desiring to speak with Him (Jesus was probably in a particular house, with it being filled with people, with no more room for others to come in, hence His family not able to get to Him; their desire to speak with Him was not in a positive sense).

47 Then one said unto Him, Behold, Your mother and Your brethren stand without, desiring to speak with You (they had things to say to Him, but they little desired to hear what He had to say to them; thankfully, that would change after His Death and Resurrection).

48 But He answered and said unto him who told Him, Who is My mother? and who are My brethren? (This totally refutes the claims later made by the Catholic Church.)

“49 And He stretched forth His Hand toward His Disciples (refers to the original Twelve, but is not limited to them, as it refers to any and all who follow Him, as the next Passage proclaims), and said, Behold My mother and My brethren!

50 For whosoever (increases the dimensions of His family to include all who follow Him) shall do the will of My Father which is in Heaven (proclaims the qualifications for being a part of the Family of God), the same is My brother, and sister, and mother (places no significance on physical birth, but everything on spiritual birth).”

Questions:

Why did Jesus places no significance on physical birth, but everything on spiritual birth of His mother and brothers (Matthew 12:46-50)?

However in Luke 1:26-38 the scripture says, "Mary was highly favored, blessed are you among women, for you have found favor with God."

Now in John 19:25-29, the scripture says, "When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home."

Question? Was Mary not saved until Jesus recognize her as His spiritual mother at the Cross?

Also, what is the will of the Father which is in Heaven?

Last edited:

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To love one another.

It's weird I was just pondering on this verse when I saw this thread.

' But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.' Mark 6:4

Why would Jesus have said this if he didn't have siblings?

Sorry I don't have an opinion on when Mary was saved, etc. I'm sure she was saved before Jesus was born. The angel called her 'blessed.' She was already sanctified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'JESUS’ TRUE FAMILY - Matthew 12

46 While He (Christ) yet talked to the people (concerns the terrible Word He has just delivered concerning Israel’s present and future state), behold, His mother and His brethren stood without, desiring to speak with Him (Jesus was probably in a particular house, with it being filled with people, with no more room for others to come in, hence His family not able to get to Him; their desire to speak with Him was not in a positive sense).

47 Then one said unto Him, Behold, Your mother and Your brethren stand without, desiring to speak with You (they had things to say to Him, but they little desired to hear what He had to say to them; thankfully, that would change after His Death and Resurrection).

48 But He answered and said unto him who told Him, Who is My mother? and who are My brethren? (This totally refutes the claims later made by the Catholic Church.)

“49 And He stretched forth His Hand toward His Disciples (refers to the original Twelve, but is not limited to them, as it refers to any and all who follow Him, as the next Passage proclaims), and said, Behold My mother and My brethren!

50 For whosoever (increases the dimensions of His family to include all who follow Him) shall do the will of My Father which is in Heaven (proclaims the qualifications for being a part of the Family of God), the same is My brother, and sister, and mother (places no significance on physical birth, but everything on spiritual birth).”

Questions:

Why did Jesus places no significance on physical birth, but everything on spiritual birth of His mother and brothers (Matthew 12:46-50)?

However in Luke 1:26-38 the scripture says, "Mary was highly favored, blessed are you among women, for you have found favor with God."

Now in John 19:25-29, the scripture says, "When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home."

Question? Was Mary not saved until Jesus recognize her as His spiritual mother at the Cross?

We do not know if Jesus had brothers because it was custom and practice in that culture as it is in some cultures today to call your cousins brothers. So the word brother does not have the meaning that you associate with it today. Jesus talks about a spiritual family where God is our Father, Jesus is our brother, and Mary is our mother. When Jesus speaks to John He is indicating that Mary is the Mother of the Church. Consider, if Jesus had actual brothers why would they not have taken care of Mary as they should under Jewish custom, instead John per the instructions of Jesus invited her into his home and cared for her the rest of her life. Mary was full of grace, which would indicate that she was without sin. She could not become the mother of God if she had any sin. The Father in heaven wants us all to be saved and dwell with Him for eternity. Hope that answers some of the questions.

Upvote 0