United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is something to think about.

John 4:7 There comes a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus said to her, Give me to drink. 8 (For his disciples were gone away to the city to buy meat.) 9 Then said the woman of Samaria to him, How is it that you, being a Jew, ask drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10 Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that said to you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water. 11 The woman said to him, Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from where then have you that living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said to her, Whoever drinks of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 15 The woman said to him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come here to draw.

Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bore twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.....17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said to them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Mark 8:17 And when Jesus knew it, he said to them, Why reason you, because you have no bread? perceive you not yet, neither understand? have you your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see you not? and having ears, hear you not? and do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took you up? They say to him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took you up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said to them.....Matthew 16: 11 How is it that you do not understand that I spoke it not to you concerning bread, that you should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Along the same lines of thought. How is it so many do not understand and think the bride of Christ is a physical city with a physical river; called the river of life?
http://wordservice.org/New Jerusalem/bs2000.htm
NJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave L

John Bowen

Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bride of Christ is letting this mind be in you that was in Jesus Christ that Paul told us.That's why the kingdom of God is within you Luke 21:16 , you have to be as little children to enter the kingdom, you have to put on the wedding garment, Your righteousness has to exceed the scribes and Pharisees (who did all the outer things correct according to their society) You have to remove the beam in your eye (all the things that block you from being in the kingdom) all this and many more things Jesus said is describing a state of consciousness. The river of life is allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us not clinging to the rocks in the river of doubts , fears, whats comfortable, safe but letting go and flowing with life just seeing where it takes us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is something to think about.

John 4:7 There comes a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus said to her, Give me to drink. 8 (For his disciples were gone away to the city to buy meat.) 9 Then said the woman of Samaria to him, How is it that you, being a Jew, ask drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10 Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that said to you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water. 11 The woman said to him, Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from where then have you that living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said to her, Whoever drinks of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 15 The woman said to him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come here to draw.

Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bore twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.....17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said to them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Mark 8:17 And when Jesus knew it, he said to them, Why reason you, because you have no bread? perceive you not yet, neither understand? have you your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see you not? and having ears, hear you not? and do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took you up? They say to him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took you up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said to them.....Matthew 16: 11 How is it that you do not understand that I spoke it not to you concerning bread, that you should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Along the same lines of thought. How is it so many think the bride of Christ is a physical city with a physical river?

Along the same lines of thought. How is it so many do not understand and think the bride of Christ is a physical city with a physical river; called the river of life?
http://wordservice.org/New Jerusalem/bs2000.htm
NJ.jpg

Jesus said he will drink cup of wine with us in his Kingdom . Quite literally physicall to me .
Also this thing which you showed is not New Jerusalem , you can read the city boundries in the book and it's like a cube .
On top of that space does not exist anywhere in Bible .

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you understood all this?
After explaining to His disciples the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus asked them; Have you understood all this? Matthew 13:51 and they answered – Yes.
It was a simple sounding question, but actually He was asking the most profound question of the ages.. Jesus was asking if they knew that, in Gods eyes there are two and only two – classes of people in the world. Those that accept God and His Laws – wheat, buried treasure, pearls and good fish - and the children of the evil one, tares, weeds and worthless fish.

Matthew 13:37 He replied; The sower of the good seed is the Son of Man.

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world, the good seed stands for the children of the Kingdom and the weeds, the children of the evil one.

Matthew 13:39 The enemy who sowed the weeds is the devil The harvest is the end of time and the reapers are angels.

Matthew 13:40-42 As the weeds are gathered up and burnt at the end of the age, the Son of Man will rid His Kingdom of every cause of sin and all whose deeds are evil. These will be thrown into the blazing furnace, where there will be much wailing and sorrow.

Matthew 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father If you have ears, then hear.

Just a speculation – but the Lord gave four parables about who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom;

1/ The wheat and the weeds – Messianic Jews and apostate Jews.

2/ The buried treasure – The Christians who are also the House of Israel.

3/ A pearl of great value – A person who dedicates their life to the Lord.

4/ The good and worthless fish – Gentile peoples, believers and unbelievers.

Luke 6:20 Blessed are you who are in need; the Kingdom of God is yours.

There are two kinds of people – those who say to God “thy will be done” and those to whom God says “all right, then, have it your way” C.S. Lewis

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you understood all this?
After explaining to His disciples the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus asked them; Have you understood all this? Matthew 13:51 and they answered – Yes.
It was a simple sounding question, but actually He was asking the most profound question of the ages.. Jesus was asking if they knew that, in Gods eyes there are two and only two – classes of people in the world. Those that accept God and His Laws – wheat, buried treasure, pearls and good fish - and the children of the evil one, tares, weeds and worthless fish.

Matthew 13:37 He replied; The sower of the good seed is the Son of Man.

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world, the good seed stands for the children of the Kingdom and the weeds, the children of the evil one.

Matthew 13:39 The enemy who sowed the weeds is the devil The harvest is the end of time and the reapers are angels.

Matthew 13:40-42 As the weeds are gathered up and burnt at the end of the age, the Son of Man will rid His Kingdom of every cause of sin and all whose deeds are evil. These will be thrown into the blazing furnace, where there will be much wailing and sorrow.

Matthew 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father If you have ears, then hear.

Just a speculation – but the Lord gave four parables about who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom;

1/ The wheat and the weeds – Messianic Jews and apostate Jews.

2/ The buried treasure – The Christians who are also the House of Israel.

3/ A pearl of great value – A person who dedicates their life to the Lord.

4/ The good and worthless fish – Gentile peoples, believers and unbelievers.

Luke 6:20 Blessed are you who are in need; the Kingdom of God is yours.

There are two kinds of people – those who say to God “thy will be done” and those to whom God says “all right, then, have it your way” C.S. Lewis

Not really with the last Quote , it's said that every knee will bow before LORD so even unbelievers while being judged will bow and acknowledge God . His way all to the end

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said he will drink cup of wine with us in his Kingdom . Quite literally physicall to me .

Don't really know what that has to do with the Bibles consistent use of his people being illustrated as his wife or bride or its illustrative use of water to describe the Holy Spirit or the life God gives.

Also this thing which you showed is not New Jerusalem , you can read the city boundries in the book and it's like a cube .
On top of that space does not exist anywhere in Bible .
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't really know what that has to do with the Bibles consistent use of his people being illustrated as his wife or bride or its illustrative use of water to describe the Holy Spirit or the life God gives.

Well you posted the picture of galaxy , in fact we are told that these who lead many to righteousness will shine like stars but we don't become stardust or galaxy after dying .

Daniel 12:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

But that's not the city of Jerusalem , the city will be literally a city in which Jesus will sit on throne for 1000 years as he promised , he must sit on throne of David and the throne is not in heaven .

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well you posted the picture of galaxy , in fact we are told that these who lead many to righteousness will shine like stars but we don't become stardust or galaxy after dying .

Daniel 12:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

But that's not the city of Jerusalem , the city will be literally a city in which Jesus will sit on throne for 1000 years as he promised , he must sit on throne of David and the throne is not in heaven .
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The picture is just a cool background for the title of the article that is linked right above it.

• Informative
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The marriage model is a depiction of Jesus' relationship to His church. A husband is to relate to his wife as Jesus relates to His church. And the wife is to relate to her husband as the church does to Jesus. The husband/wife relationship is a picture of the Jesus/church relationship:
Ephesians 5:22-32,
"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church."

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Even a city can be a bride

John 3:29
The one having the bride, Bridegroom is.
The yet friend of the Bridegroom, the one standing and hearing Him, to joy is rejoicing because of the voice of the Bridegroom.
This then, my joy has been filled.

Jeremiah 7:34 [Jeremiah 16:9 Jeremiah 25:10]

And I cause to cease from cities of Y@huwdah, and from streets of Y@ruwshalaim
voice of elation
and voice of rejoicing,
voice of bridegroom, and voice of bride,

that to desolation the Land shall become. [Reve 18:23]

Earthly OC Jerusalem:

Revelation 18:23

and light of a lamp shall not no be appearing in thee still and voice of bridegroom and of bride not no should be being heard in Thee still,
that the merchants of thee were the great ones/grandees of the land, that in the sorcery of thee were deceived all the Nations [Jeremiah 7:34]

Heavenly NC Jerusalem

Revelation 21:

9 And there came unto me one of the seven Messengers, who have the seven vials that are full of the seven last plagues, and He spake with me, saying, 'Come, I will shew thee the bride of the Lamb -- the wife,'
10 and he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and did shew to me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, coming down out of the heaven from God,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums