Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When you keep the laws of God it is Christ in you that is keeping them, when you break the laws, commit sin, it is Christ in you that forgives them. God's laws are just, and good and holy. Which laws? the Sacrificial and ritual laws? No, the spiritual laws of how to love and worship God and how to love your neighbor as yourself.
:;
How pacifying is your thinking: I'm grateful, and fully agree.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel yet some kind of uncomfort to leave definitely my ancient catholic background,
"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

There are things in Catholicism which are good. So, be careful not to throw out anything, only because you heard it in Catholic upbringing.

I recommend that you feed on what is in the Bible. Get to know all you can. I have found how God's word keeps giving me more and more than what anyone has told me.

I do not know what you were told as a Catholic; it seems not all have been told the same thing. Ones can say, oh you did not understand what is really true and so you need to go back and study it all. But I find that the Bible gives more and better than any group gives us. But in different churches there can be mature ministers who have learned God's way and word.

So, we need to be with people who are real Jesus examples, of how to submit to God and share with Him, and how to love with one another while also reaching, as you have written, to ones who are lost. Feed on the example of people who help you with this. And wherever they are, it can be good to stay there with them . . . so you can help them in their churches to reach others who are not really with it :)

"As for catholic church frame,"

"Doesn't Paul tell us to obey human power?"
When obeying is doing what is good, yes. But Hebrews 13:17 means for us to find and submit to whoever are obviously good example leaders of Jesus' flock >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

So, I would not first try to figure out what the right beliefs are, except for certain very important basics. But first we need our qualified leaders > 1 Timothy 3:1-10 < these are people who know how to be and relate with and personally submit to God, and how to be and live as individuals, but also how to do well in marriage and bringing up children . . . so they can help all of us. So, get to know people like this; trust God to make us honest and humble so we can detect and appreciate such people :)

aren't you telling me to stay inside a church and from there, to behave like a dissident
We need to find leadership whom God approves, then labor with these people . . . not just go around, ourselves, arguing and trying to expose wrong people. We have Jesus who is alone so right, and we need to help people to Jesus, then. But also we need to have mature and proven and seasoned examples . . . love-seasoned people . . . to help anyone we reach. We need to be a healthy family of God's love with our others, so we are strong and healthy enough to bring up people who come to trust in Jesus and join us. So, going around alone is not the way, I offer, including because of how Jesus did things with His disciples together with Him and one another.

How can you learn to relate in God's family love, if you only hang with church people and groups who are wrong???? :)

Jesus tells us that he came to call sinners. I believe I have to do like him, to call them from error, with my feeble strength, or I would be another kind of individualist, wanting to keep the narrow path for me alone
We do things, in reaching to lost people, as members of each other. We help one another. So, yes Jesus is so not conceited, that He left Heaven itself, in order to reach us and share with us; but Jesus did bring people together so we can learn with each other how to love :)

I deplore to have not seen Jesus, for he told that it would be equivalent as to see the Father, who is kind of foreigner to me (The scripture tells us far more about Jesus), as well as the Holy Spirit.
Trust God to have Jesus grow in you so you know Him in you, and how He has you become and love. And consider how the Holy Spirit is already sharing God's own love with us, "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5). In us, we can see Him . . . perceive how He in His love is sharing with us, correcting us, and having us become loving with Him.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?
With churches you can run into anything, I had a pastor try to kick me, maybe this will help.
Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
I will forgive this city.

Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And wherever they are, it can be good to stay there with them . . . so you can help them in their churches to reach others who are not really with it :)
Thank you com,
are you suggesting me to consider an itinerant preaching, I, with so little knowledge of bible(as compared with many of posters)
So, going around alone is not the way, I offer, including because of how Jesus did things with His disciples together with Him and one another.
Yet, I ' ve started to agree with PeaceJoyLove and his quote of 2 corinthians14, saying not to stay in an unequal yoke with unbelievers, however hard it seems to me, for then I musn't behave like Lot's wife. I hope I'm able to love God more than unbelievers, for it looks like it's His will, don't you think so? I believe I already do..
I have no shame of that, nor do I boast, but it's not a pleasant feeling.
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.
Thank you for your post, disciple1,
These quotes are one of my motivation,The other quotes I have to study more. I measure how much I still have to learn.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you com,
are you suggesting me to consider an itinerant preaching, I, with so little knowledge of bible(as compared with many of posters)
What I'm offering is you need to find and share with people who are good examples of Christianity. And possibly this will mean staying in one church with these people. And here you can learn the Bible more and more.

And, more and more, instead of becoming a preacher, be the message, by how you love.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

You can read and feed on 1 Timothy 3:1-10. This gives standards for what qualifies a man to be a pastor . . . how he needs to become an example, not only knowing the Bible and being able to preach. He is a sample of all God desires to do with each of us, and how we need to live His word :)

God bless you, too :)

Bill

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, John,
May be I have not all understood, but I have the impression what you advise me is not the same path as the other ones advised me, for aren't you telling me to stay inside a church and from there, to behave like a dissident, assuming my dissidence in relation to the church, while being obedient as best I can in relation to God's will?
No I'm advising you to seek God/Jesus first and to worship him with other people who are also seeking to worship and follow him.

If you are attending a church that says for example you must spend every evening knocking on doors to show you are a believer, or if they say you must do this ritual otherwise you are not saved, or anything that takes away from what Jesus has done.
Then leave that church/group and find one where people are seeking to worship and follow Jesus.

• Agree
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I'm offering is you need to find and share with people who are good examples of Christianity. And possibly this will mean staying in one church with these people. And here you can learn the Bible more and more.

And, more and more, instead of becoming a preacher, be the message, by how you love.

You can read and feed on 1 Timothy 3:1-10. This gives standards for what qualifies a man to be a pastor . . . how he needs to become an example, not only knowing the Bible and being able to preach. He is a sample of all God desires to do with each of us, and how we need to live His word :)
Yes, Bill, but where can I find good criterions to evaluate who is a good example of christianity, and not a false shepherd disguised as a good one?
I've read 1 timothy 3:1-10, and it seems a little bit ambitious for who I am.
If you are attending a church that says for example you must spend every evening knocking on doors to show you are a believer, or if they say you must do this ritual otherwise you are not saved, or anything that takes away from what Jesus has done.
Well, John, I don't think such preachers'aim is to show they are believers (to men's eyes), and I suppose neither you, who must pleasantly be caricaturing, but actually, I'm not.
Then leave that church/group and find one where people are seeking to worship and follow Jesus.
As you can read from what I wrote to Bill, I don't feel ready to take the plunge, but I'm not sure I will ever be, and as Jesus said, when following him don't look behind of you; so, I wonder where's my next direction to find such a place as you describe. Do you have a suggestion for me, assuming my hesitation in relation to my initial lack of discernment, as for the right shepherd?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?

:)...talk to Him...no.. like you are doing here. TALK to Him.. He ALWAYS listens and believe it or not ALWAYS talks. His sheep KNOW His voice.. not guess not wonder. You will always just know. So JESUS is real.. read His word.. ask HIM to open to you so you can see.. ask the Father for the Holy Spirit like JESUS said..not man. And ask HIM to give you a JOY longing to read His word.

Hmm.. the path... like Peter walking on the water....where in the WORLD is this PATH?... Its JESUS!...no.. keep your eyes on HIM! What you think..what you see what you hear. Just be YOU! Know that when YOU said JESUS! I need you..save me. HE THEN took control so to speak. We are free to do what we want but.. HE is ALWAYS there. What HE started in you? YEAH.. HE WILL FINISH IT! And He does not lose..EVER! He NEVER makes mistakes.

Jesus.. I dont see you.. sorry I have a hard time hearing you..but your word says I will know your voice and wont follow a stranger. So.. I cant feel it hear it see it.. but.. I TRUST YOU! Song playing NOW haha wow Robert Pierre "Light the way"... perfect..listen to you....when the path I am on is all but gone.. wow thats in the song..right now.. a JESUS IS REAL! HE IS talking to YOU NOW!

So take a deep breath and rejoice! HE LOVES YOU! And the FACT you WANT the right path.. DUH where do you think that THOUGHT came from? Your ON IT! Keep the faith.. if you fall repent dust off and keep going

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So take a deep breath and rejoice! HE LOVES YOU! And the FACT you WANT the right path.. DUH where do you think that THOUGHT came from? Your ON IT! Keep the faith.. if you fall repent dust off and keep going
Thank you for your encouragement, Blade. I suppose indeed I'll have to sort it out myself. I don't seem to be much further on, except I have kind of confirmation it's this lonely path that must prevail, before I might expect join a study group of bible, if it really leads there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Path...walk as He walked. "Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48. What made Christ perfect? Being sinless, without sin. What does that mean? What is sin? "Sin is the transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4. Be perfect, keep the Law. What Law? The commandments. When you keep the laws of God it is Christ in you that is keeping them, when you break the laws, commit sin, it is Christ in you that forgives them. God's laws are just, and good and holy. Which laws? the Sacrificial and ritual laws? No, the spiritual laws of how to love and worship God and how to love your neighbor as yourself. That's the "Path" that Christ walked and that we are to follow.
Be blessed for your post, Danstribe, for today, the spirit lying behind, together with your brotherly compassion and Jesus's love gave me the strength to overcome one of my secret addiction. How free I feel, now! I'm overjoyed, and I thank you again

P.S.really, you surprise me.I just edited this post to tell you I just had à look at your identity, to have a little more information about my helper. I discovered you are a woman, and actually I believed thé opposite. May be I would have had more restraint, had I made the good guess. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be blessed for your post, Danstribe, for today, the spirit lying behind, together with your brotherly compassion and Jesus's love gave me the strength to overcome one of my secret addiction. How free I feel, now! I'm overjoyed, and I thank you again

P.S.really, you surprise me.I just edited this post to tell you I just had à look at your identity, to have a little more information about my helper. I discovered you are a woman, and actually I believed thé opposite. May be I would have had more restraint, had I made the good guess. Sorry about that.
That is WONDERFUL news! I know for certain that God is working to help us and just getting us to ask the right questions when we pray is tremendous! My prayers are answered for you and will continue to be. And my being mistaken for a man is no matter lol. The Danstribe is in reference to me being Danish.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe so too, dear Danstribe.
We need to find leadership whom God approves, then labor with these people .
Hello Bill,
May be you know, there will be soon in France à second ballot for presidential election. None of the two options left suit me, for both have a kind of death in their program, for the country.Could you tell me who could give me a Christian advice as for the best christian vote to do? Really, our catholic archbishop is ill, and there is no order given from this french catholic authority for this vote .I know Jesus told us if the wheat grain doesn't die, it stays alone, but I' m not sure France is. not dying morally, between the " devil and the deep blue sea", which is not the same kind of death, and I think it doesn't lead to bear fruit.
If someone else reading my post has an idea, it'll be welcome, thanks

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Bill, but where can I find good criterions to evaluate who is a good example of christianity, and not a false shepherd disguised as a good one?
prayer (Matthew 7:7); trust God to correct you (Hebrews 12:4-11) so you can tell the difference, and trust Him to guide you (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Practically, there are things that might help me >

I see if someone spends time on different important things in the Bible . . . instead of often using up time with ideas which are used to make that person look more knowledgeable than other people and groups (2 Corinthians 10:12).

I see if the person concentrates on how to please God and do what God wants, more than on how to get myself blessed (Philippians 2:13, 1 Peter 3:4).

I see if the person gives attention to what the Bible says about becoming like Jesus (Colossians 1:28-29) and learning how to love any and all people the way the Bible says to relate in love (Matthew 5:46).

See if the person gives ministry without requiring you to pay for it (Matthew 10:8, 1 Peter 5:3). If someone is requiring money, a money requiring, unfreely giving spirit can keep a person from ministering as well as we can in the Holy Spirit's creativity.
I've read 1 timothy 3:1-10, and it seems a little bit ambitious for who I am.
. . . the way you are, now. I am talking about what is possible with God. And God does have people like this; so it is good for you to find and share with these people.

Could you tell me who could give me a Christian advice as for the best christian vote to do?
It is possible that neither candidate is right. Ones can be on two or more sides, but all can be wrong.

Most of all, we need our truly Christian leaders, and Hebrews 13:17 says God expects us to obey the ones whom God Himself trusts to take care of us. So, it is more important to become able to know who God's approved leaders are; this is so much more important than knowing which secular person should be elected.

You can pray and trust God with this, read your Bible, and discover who helps you with gaining all which God's word says God desires. This is not only about getting what is good for you, but we first seek to please our Father and all He desires.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Bill for your answer.
I see if someone spends time on different important things in the Bible . . . instead of often using up time with ideas which are used to make that person look more knowledgeable than other people and groups (2 Corinthians 10:12).

I see if the person concentrates on how to please God and do what God wants, more than on how to get myself blessed (Philippians 2:13, 1 Peter 3:4).

I see if the person gives attention to what the Bible says about becoming like Jesus (Colossians 1:28-29) and learning how to love any and all people the way the Bible says to relate in love (Matthew 5:46).
The problem is in France, the spirit of laïty forbids almost people to behave ostentatiously as for ones faith. Consequently, people are reluctant on speaking things of believing, and tends to hide their practise of religion on public domain. So, it's difficult to evaluate.
See if the person gives ministry without requiring you to pay for it (Matthew 10:8, 1 Peter 5:3). If someone is requiring money, a money requiring, unfreely giving spirit can keep a person from ministering as well as we can in the Holy Spirit's creativity.
Catholic church ministers without requiring money, but then you are afterwards freely appealed to donate, on the basis you are one of its member.
So, it is more important to become able to know who God's approved leaders are; this is so much more important than knowing which secular person should be elected.
I must admit I'm so much longing for His kingship I don't seriously take candidates and may be it's where the problem lies. Anyway, I don't know how to perform what you tell in this quote, for I feel a liability on not electing anyone. As layman,I'm not a religious person and my life is also secular, incarnated, not exclusively spiritual

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Bill for your answer.
You are welcome; God bless you :) What God wants of us is not possible for any of us to do, on our own. Each of us needs how our Father personally in us has us succeeding and not bleeding :)

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

So, in evaluating whom to trust, you can listen and see if someone knows he or she is helpless on one's own, and therefore needs to always seek how our Father corrects us and guides us and changes us to be more like Jesus in the character of God's love (1 John 4:17). This is basic Bible . . . what God does expect, since He knows He is able to do this with us.

What the Bible says God wants is more realistic than what we can try to do on our own, then! His word "shall accomplish" all He knows His word means > Isaiah 55:11. And this includes >

"The LORD will guide you continually" (in Isaiah 58:11).

"And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God," (2 Corinthians 3:4-5)

And every child of God is able to help any other child of God. So, a humble leader knows you can help him or her, while he or she is helping you. A true example leader is not out of reach and pushing that only he or she can help you. We all need each other, then, how God has this working. So . . . trust God, that He is making you this important, and seek how He uses you to be good for others > 1 Corinthians 15:58.

The problem is in France, the spirit of laïty forbids almost people to behave ostentatiously as for ones faith. Consequently, people are reluctant on speaking things of believing, and tends to hide their practise of religion on public domain. So, it's difficult to evaluate.
There are ways you can tell how a political candidate really is.

There are things a Christian will say. Know God's word, better and better, and you will be able to spot things a Christian says, or to show that someone has had some Christian upbringing. And keep investing in praying and becoming able to make sure with God > do not only go by show and say-so > look what happened when even leaders of the Jews judged by appearances and "did not ask counsel of the LORD" > Joshua chapter nine :)

So, a Christian candidate might tell you things to help you know how to evaluate so you can be qualified to vote!

And I understand that God's word is clear that we need to show respect to our secular authority people > Romans chapter 13 > Jude 8-11. So, if a candidate is making a major project of disrespecting other candidates and is only or mainly criticizing others, this would tell me the person does not have the basic character to do things God's way.

I understand that an example candidate will make a point of showing us how he or she can be wrong and needs more correction; the person will not only criticize other candidates > this is part of how we Jesus people be examples to help others get real correction; so it is clear I can expect this of a truly Christian candidate or pastor who leads by example >

And James 4:13-16 is clear, to me, that I need to not make guarantees about what I will do in the future. So, I can pay attention to if a candidate makes guarantees or is humble to not do this. Even if a candidate does not openly say, "If the Lord wills", he or she can say simply what his or her intentions are and what he or she believes in doing and why. And the person can point to past performance, in order to show if he or she has the tendency and character to do what he or she claims to hope to do.

And if I a Christian of no political reputation can think of this, surely a well-qualified person who knows God and His word can be creative enough to do what God wants him or her to do in politics. And things he or she does do or does not do can show you something :)

Also, we do not have to give in to pressure to not say things religious. We can speak what we offer, and trust God, instead of trying to control what people think, by covering up our beliefs. They have the choice to want us or not.

Also . . . by the way . . . being a Christian does not automatically mean someone is qualified to be a politician. And even if a person has secular qualifications, this does not necessarily mean it is God's will for him or her to run for office; the person needs to pray and do what God really wants . . . even if this means a wrong person wins.

And - - like this, for you . . . even if you could do something, this does not automatically mean it is God's will for you. Also, being able practically does not mean you have the maturity to handle everything which could come with doing it, including how ready you are to lead by example and share personally with others who will be involved with you; so God might have you do other things, for a while.

A politically qualified Christian possibly can accomplish more in a no-reputation life . . . like you can do >

You can do, in love, in one day, more than all past secular politicians have done in all history ! ! !

"for without Me you can do nothing" (in John 15:5)

2 Timothy 2:4

Catholic church ministers without requiring money, but then you are afterwards freely appealed to donate, on the basis you are one of its member.
All right . . . yes we have people who may do things without seeking and requiring money; but this alone does not prove they are doing God's will. Even very wrong people can copy-cat religious culture so they seem honorable . . . to those who evaluate superficially.

I must admit I'm so much longing for His kingship I don't seriously take candidates and may be it's where the problem lies. Anyway, I don't know how to perform what you tell in this quote, for I feel a liability on not electing anyone. As layman,I'm not a religious person and my life is also secular, incarnated, not exclusively spiritual
Take secular people seriously . . . by caring about them in prayer. Do not settle to only criticizing them and giving up on them. Jesus on the cross had hope for any evil person, at all. We are here to help these people, not to only want to use them for what we dictate and want.

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

I mean, above, by the way . . . it is more important to be able to know who God's approved Christian leaders in the church are. What is going on in secular politics is not our first priority (2 Timothy 2:4). Plus, you can help the true leaders, by being their good example by sharing how you are growing and learning in Jesus :) We help each other :) And a good example leader will draw you out to do this, and encourage you. An example is someone you know personally, so you can feed on how that person is and how he or she relates with people and how he or she is learning how to share in marriage and to bring up children. This is very personal ministering, not only talking to you.

Even our practical activities can be spiritual > done in God's love and leading. God does not want us to go on "time out" from Him and how He personally shares with us and guides us. He is interested in every thing about you >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Take secular people seriously . . . by caring about them in prayer. Do not settle to only criticizing them and giving up on them. Jesus on the cross had hope for any evil person, at all. We are here to help these people, not to only want to use them for what we dictate and want.
I suppose it's the voice of wisdom.
Y et, Jesus himself called Herode a fox, before his passion. It's not very respectful. May be yes He called him like this to make him know He did know about his nature and that he would be forgiven in advance for what he were to do Him.But do you think what happened to Jesus was a serious policy?From men's point of view?. It doesn't seem to me telling this be more a critic than the expression of truth, the critic being just a consequence of truth.Seriousness I believe, is in the life side, not in the death's one.

But I agree with you when you tell me to pray for them, which doesn't contradict the lack of seriousness, it's true.
May be all truths are not good to tell, but it's another debate.

You told me about weakness, and how right you are, for one of the two candidates left in ouf election just told he would reconsider his program. May be it's what I was waiting for, for power grows with weakness told Paul, and I don't think the other candidate is ready for compromises. At least, it makes me easier to choose, however hostile to suicide(I formerly thought the result or this election was a kind of french suicide) I am, for it looks like there's a kind of life in this weakness.
I thank you for your brotherly guidance, and hope my ray of hope will bring you joy.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Y et, Jesus himself called Herode a fox, before his passion. It's not very respectful.
Yes, Jesus did :)

But we humans can make a major project of badmouthing people we don't agree with. We can be doing it out of rage and self-righteous condemning. But Jesus cares about wrong people; on the cross Jesus had hope for any evil person, at all. So, Jesus tells the truth about people, but with hope . . . hope which is so better than human "respect".

But I agree with you when you tell me to pray for them,
1 Timothy 2:1-4

How we can become in ourselves is included in the purpose for praying with love and hope for any and all people. Paul does not mean for us to only pray for people who are distant from us, by the way. We need to become strong in love so we can do well with people who are closely involved with us in our lives and churches.

Even with our good example Christian leaders and real Christian friends, we need to have "longsuffering" ready >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

Because any of us can be wrong, at times. God knows this; so He includes how in our relating we always need to have "longsuffering" ready, so we don't trash a good relationship or church.

power grows with weakness told Paul,
Now, I would say Paul means our ego needs to be weak, but we all need to become "strong in the Lord and in the power of His might" > Ephesians 6:10.

At least, it makes me easier to choose, however hostile to suicide(I formerly thought the result or this election was a kind of french suicide) I am, for it looks like there's a kind of life in this weakness.
Well, people of this world are committing suicide in themselves, against how they could be alive in God's love. And this has been going on, all along, no matter how things might seem to change in politics. We all need to learn how to love, with Jesus teaching us > Matthew 11:28-30 < and with the help of our good example people.

I thank you for your brotherly guidance, and hope my ray of hope will bring you joy.
You are welcome; God bless you, too :)

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because any of us can be wrong, at times. God knows this; so He includes how in our relating we always need to have "longsuffering" ready, so we don't trash a good relationship or church.
Now, I would say Paul means our ego needs to be weak, but we all need to become "strong in the Lord and in the power of His might" > Ephesians 6:10.
I agree everywhere with you in your last post, exept for this.

If you think your church is giving a false testimony about one of His central message of faith, are you not accountable for going on taking part in its cult?

Indeed, I don't think Paul only spoke of our ego. How could I trust a God that woudn't be weak up to death?in addition with the weakness of His pride, of course.
As for Ephesians 6:10, its following tells me it's all and only about a spiritual fight, such as the one Jesus faced in the temptations, not in decadent lobbying human quarrels.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The way to learn what that path is and exactly how we can walk in it is via a study of the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16
New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Psalm 25:4 Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.

Proverbs 4:11
I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in upright paths.

Proverbs 2:20 So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

• Agree
Upvote 0