Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you are confused, there is only one answer and that is to start reading about Christianity and learning what and why you believe it.
Well, John, I don't know where it comes from, but the fact is I first don't believe in death, thanks to Jesus's resurrection which is my second belief, ( the first obviously originates in the second, but I almost forgot my faith when a teenager) and because death seems to me to be pretending to be victorious with too much artifice to look true , which it's not for us believers(victorious). I'm an opponent of the sinister's culture, that prevailled the last decades.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?

Jesus is the one and only path to truth, because He is truth.

You know Him by knowing His inerrant word of the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?
Pray for God to lead and guide you and read and you'll find the truth. DO this daily. Also make sure you're open minded when you seek, if not this tends to restrict God or prevent you from finding the truth.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All that God requires of us is to worship him in the company of other believers ( church) and to be obedient ( live as christ like as we can, while telling others about him)
Also, John,
May be I have not all understood, but I have the impression what you advise me is not the same path as the other ones advised me, for aren't you telling me to stay inside a church and from there, to behave like a dissident, assuming my dissidence in relation to the church, while being obedient as best I can in relation to God's will?

Upvote 0

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said he was The Path. Which path?
"If you love Me, keep my commandments." That is a start. If we follow the teachings of Jesus and do the things the way He did we will be on the right track. He said that Love was the supreme commandment and that is what people need to achieve in the everyday lives. It should be our default mode not something we try hard to do. If we spend our days helping others and sharing, instead of always receiving and wanting, we are on the right path. Jesus said that when He goes He would send a helper to assist us, and that is available for followers of Jesus.
Another way you will know if you are on the right path is if it is crowded. If you are on that busy four lane highway, take the first exit and look for that narrow path that few will find.
ronandcarol

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your post, ronandcarol, for it gives me a precision that was lacking.
Yet, I have no bad glance at people on busy four lane highway, who don't have the monopoly of heart, according to me, but are on another kind of narrow lane, not made of asphalt. I agree with you if they are to become individualistic, but it's where Jesus tells us that he came to call sinners. I believe I have to do like him, to call them from error, with my feeble strength, or I would be another kind of individualist, wanting to keep the narrow path for me alone

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The path is Jesus himself. You'll find him in every Christian. Sometimes more and sometimes less but always Jesus. Strive to have Jesus in you more and more. The rest (which church, which denomination, what doctrine and all that) is all intended to help but when it is confusing come back to Jesus.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all, who seem unanimously (almost) advising me to stand firm on my current position. I feel yet some kind of uncomfort to leave definitely my ancient catholic background, likely for reason of fidelity and engagement, because I' m not sure to move away farther from an institution woudn't be some kind of treason or division, whereas I believe Christ wants unity.

It's very complicated

It is very complicated when we let our own minds do the reasoning. Let HIS spirit lead and stick to scriptures for testing. HE calls us to unity in HIS spirit. HE calls us to be holy and separated unto HIS ways, alone. Where doctrines of man abound, HE tells us to "come out of her."

Obeying what the spirit is leading one to do brings blessing beyond comprehension to the human mind. HE increases our faith and spiritual understanding.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Unity according to HIM is so much different than what the human mind interprets it to be...

Peter2, may you abound in HIS peace and grace.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

There are many times where the Bible talks about following God's ways and Jesus taught us to walk in them by word and by example.

Jeremiah 6:16-19 Thus says the Lord: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ 17 I set watchmen over you, saying, ‘Pay attention to the sound of the trumpet!’ But they said, ‘We will not pay attention.’ 18 Therefore hear, O nations, and know, O congregation, what will happen to them. 19 Hear, O earth; behold, I am bringing disaster upon this people, the fruit of their devices, because they have not paid attention to my words; and as for my law, they have rejected it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Peter2. Yes, Jesus is the Path, the Way. To come to God the Father, we must follow Jesus, the Path. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: " Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, we are told:
On these two Commandment hang all the Law and the Prophet

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Emmy for your post, with which I peculiarly agree. I deplore to have not seen Jesus, for he told that it would be equivalent as to see the Father, who is kind of foreigner to me (The scripture tells us far more about Jesus), as well as the Holy Spirit.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Thank you PeaceJoyLove, for this word of Paul that was unknown from me. But I wonder what kind of relationship Jesus had with Peter before he claim Jesus was the messiah, with the criminal hanging on the cross next to his, before this criminal became a convert, for instance, or before Jesus rose again from the dead. Were they believers before he came and came back to life?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟126,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all, who seem unanimously (almost) advising me to stand firm on my current position. I feel yet some kind of uncomfort to leave definitely my ancient catholic background, likely for reason of fidelity and engagement, because I' m not sure to move away farther from an institution woudn't be some kind of treason or division, whereas I believe Christ wants unity.

It's very complicated

No, it's actually very simple. Man, confused by sin in a world confused in sin, "complicates" everything. You were in the right place - the one and the first, the original, the complete and overflowing with His grace - His Holy Catholic Church. "Attend the church of your choice" is not His way - His way IS one way. Neither is it His way to be in His Church "externally" so to speak - institutionally, formally, legally - but not in full communion in the heart and mind, soul and strength.

In His one and original Holy Catholic Church is all that God has revealed and has given to humanity concerning Truth, and the worship in spirit and truth that the Father desires and indeed seeks in men. The fullness in His Church is NOT (I grieve, painful as this is to say) - the fullness of His treasure entrusted to His Church is NOT always easy to find! It is all here - He is fully HERE - yet often "hidden", unrealized, undiscovered among many. He is here! Look for Him among and in His saints - you will find Him here, because He will find you - and indeed will have found you - first.

Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be given. Knock and the door will be opened.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you PeaceJoyLove, for this word of Paul that was unknown from me. But I wonder what kind of relationship Jesus had with Peter before he claim Jesus was the messiah, with the criminal hanging on the cross next to his, before this criminal became a convert, for instance, or before Jesus rose again from the dead. Were they believers before he came and came back to life?

Peter2, studying and participating with a group who hold beliefs contrary to scripture is very different from mingling with those who do not know the LORD. Here are some scripture I pray might shed light on the matter. I believe the Spirit of Truth is speaking to you. Looking to scripture to test is so important...and pray to HIM for clarity. HIS mind and our own mind are two different things.

Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

I Corinthians 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Peter2, studying and participating with a group who hold beliefs contrary to scripture is very different from mingling with those who do not know the LORD. Here are some scripture I pray might shed light on the matter. I believe the Spirit of Truth is speaking to you. Looking to scripture to test is so important...and pray to HIM for clarity. HIS mind and our own mind are two different things.
No, it's actually very simple. Man, confused by sin in a world confused in sin, "complicates" everything. You were in the right place - the one and the first, the original, the complete and overflowing with His grace - His Holy Catholic Church. "Attend the church of your choice" is not His way - His way IS one way. Neither is it His way to be in His Church "externally" so to speak - institutionally, formally, legally - but not in full communion in the heart and mind, soul and strength.
How disturbing it is to have 2 different voices, speaking both from my path consequently from my salvation, with such a tangible genuine benevolence (thank you). Yet I know it's not feelings that must dominate my choice, but only truth.
Let's come back to Paul, and try and see what kind of relationship he is speaking of. If it's not an unequal yoke that must link believers and non-believers, I suppose yes that they must be unharnessed so as to allow he who can be saved to join the right path. My own experience outside the catholic church is not devoid of spiritual comfort. On the other hand, I still can't elude what I formerly wrote about the path next to sinners that Jesus took. It reminds me of that word he spoke to those who followed him, that is: Although they were in his following, listening to him, eating and drinking with him, at judgement day, he will tell them to go away of him, they who are evildoers. If we believe so, is it worth taking care not to live next to non-believers? we just have to keep our faith in the midst of this non believers generation. It's our cross, don't you think so ?

Yet, initially, the issue was not to be within or outside catholic church, but within or outside a crowded path, which I interpreted as being individualists' path. It's not the same problem, as one can find believers too in the midst of an individualists-(or non) crowded road,

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Peter2, studying and participating with a group who hold beliefs contrary to scripture is very different from mingling with those who do not know the LORD
Excuse me PeaceJoyLove, I didn't properly understand your idea. I think you're right and I thank you.
Neither is it His way to be in His Church "externally"
Yet I'm deeply sorry for it's my way, and because I chose the truth, with the support of scriptures. Mary is still a VIP for me, and I thank you for your benevolence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To find the Path, you must first realize that you are not on it and you dont know where it is. Except a man become as a little child, he can in no wise enter the Kingdom......

Continue to hold unto your current beliefs and doctrines..... When you are ready to enter the path then and only then should you let go.......and let God......

• Agree
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some Galileans were going to John the Baptist before Jesus became a public figure. John had studied the Bible. Andrew was a Galilean fisherman who had gone to listen to John. When Jesus arrived, Andrew went over to Jesus as John testified Jesus was better than he. Jesus was a scholar and prophet. He was able to debate the law and prophets with those from the major schools of Jewish theology. The Talmud contains volumes of teachings including the teachings of the great rabbis Hillel and Shammai who lived close to the time of Jesus' ministry. From the Talmud one may find a record of the way the first century Jews observed their Torah and other laws. Jesus was stalked by the chief priests and killed, only to rise again. In Acts 6, one may find the apostles in charge of the church were having to distribute food to poor widows. They were supposed to be praying and teaching the word. They appointed deacons to help feed the widows. In Acts 2, one may find the early church shared all things in common. This is not an easy path for a rich man, this sharing. I know I have sinned by not being less wasteful. I have been to churches where the pastors supported themselves by working jobs outside of their Sunday preaching ministry. It is not commonly seen in some of the major denominations. Whatever path you choose, it would be nice to have some working knowledge of the scriptures. God and Jesus took working class Jewish fishermen and made them Gospel preachers. He took a Galilean tax collector who kept accurate accounts (Matthew) and made him the author of the first Gospel in the New Testament. One should pray for a calling. It might include sharing the Gospel, feeding poor widows, orphans and disabled people, or other important activities.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,082,226.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You do not, yet, have all the faith in the Bible that you need. Our Savior is the path in two ways. First, whatever He tells us to do and think and have in our hearts, those are the paths to take. 2nd He is the path because you ain't gonna get there and do all that without Him. "Without Me you can do nothing."

It is great that you want to see what is really true. However, we need the Holy Spirit to help us see the obvious so often, like throughout life generally. The obvious is staring at you from he pages of the Bible. However, you need to pray deeply from your heart, when you read it, to "get it". Then wisdom will come to you, more and more over time. Also, pray for the Holy Spirit to guide your paths every day. More and more you will find Him doing that.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
However, we need the Holy Spirit to help us see the obvious so often, like throughout life generally. The obvious is staring at you from he pages of the Bible.
Hello LoricaLady,
I don't understand what you mean with the word "obvious", whether from bad translation or from a hypothetical metaphor you made or from anything else..
I agree with what you tell me otherwise

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Path...walk as He walked. "Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48. What made Christ perfect? Being sinless, without sin. What does that mean? What is sin? "Sin is the transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4. Be perfect, keep the Law. What Law? The commandments. When you keep the laws of God it is Christ in you that is keeping them, when you break the laws, commit sin, it is Christ in you that forgives them. God's laws are just, and good and holy. Which laws? the Sacrificial and ritual laws? No, the spiritual laws of how to love and worship God and how to love your neighbor as yourself. That's the "Path" that Christ walked and that we are to follow.

Upvote 0