Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With so many christian sensibilities, how can I know where his path precisely lies?
Must I choose my current position, outside of any one of them, and satisfy myself with the scriptures ' reading to find the right track or on the contrary, take the plunge and adhere a little blindly to one of those sensibilities, knowing it for a fact that he is the shepherd, the only one, that he told Martha there is a place to choose, at his listening to, which is unique and the best? Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?
Read the accounts in the gospels... watch what he did, and do the same. That doesn't mean turning over money tables but in terms of behavior, how to pray, when, other instructions he shared... if you mirror him you cannot go wrong.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The correct, exact path is Faith in God.
Jesus took that path for us to follow.

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good question!
yeah do the mary way, also called metanoia repentance which is the "one thing neccesary" and which jesus called the keys to the kingdom and what paul said is the one thing god commands every man every place (Act 17:30 Truly, then, God overlooking the times of ignorance, now He strictly commands all men everywhere to repent....). repent here is meta-noia in greek, or metanous - it means a change of the function of the mind, go beyond and above the thinking led mind, be still and know (consciously) that "i am god". Leave the thoughtlife with the tree of knowledge, because his thoughs are never our thoughts and his ways are never our ways. This is called repentance, going from carnal mind to spiritual mind, its all in romans 8. Carnal mind is death. No one wants taht! spiritual mind is life and peace! Sounds like heaven?
But the "way" into it is repentance. Which is the one big word in the bible, its a mind change. Jesus took the baptism of "metanoia" by john the baptis, and john preached "metanoia" because the kingdom is here. And jesus said that baptism of repentance/metanoia was the right thing to do, and THATS when heaven opened and he entered the holy spirit which stayed on him. Thats the path! Its not the water , it is the mind change! Ppl performed this mind change in the bible other places, without being dipped in water, and they got the spirit. There is no other way: Jesus only and true gospel is "repent, because the kingdom is at hand " matt 4:17

This is what the first christians did, they never called themselves christians, because they never seperated thsemselves into a cult or sect, becaseu the message belonged to all the natiosn and all the world. And so they didnt call it christianity, they called it "the way", or "the path".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drayanna

Apr 24, 2017
no where
✟9,516.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You want to please Jesus? That good but their is only one path. The narrow. Notice when Jesus talks to the 7 churches in Revelation (ask for the Holy spirit to guide you through) Jesus says in almost all churches "for those who overcome" all these churches can be of the time of the actual churches as well as ages in a time line or as many refer to the Church age. I see them as a individual to my own life. There are times I can become not hot or cold. I need to overcome this. I need to return to my first love which is Jesus salvation and wanting everyone to hear what I hear. Etc..
Some say the Catholic faith has lost its first love and like to claim this speaks to this church. I don't know about that but I do know I ask a Catholic if they personally accept Jesus Christ as their savior and know He died for them and He is the only way to salvation they, always say they do. I don't question anymore for whatever else they do in the Catholic Church that is considered wrong as in pray to Mary may not be done by the individual going to this church. Notice that Jesus would say there are some of you that tolerate? I grew up Southern Baptist and can tell you that many times things were done wrong. Does it mean going to a southern Baptist church is wrong? There was one I went to I knew was wrong and I left.
My path I have chosen because I feel closer to Jesus is by reading my bible and then Journaling my study. I find that I can go back where I asked a question in my journal and find the answer in another part of the Bible. I found by reading traditions of Jewish people gave me insights to what Jesus was living in His time on Earth. I researched Jewish tribes and then the time line of Jerusalem. Then went on to timeliness of England to America.
A church is not the path but Jesus Christ is the path. I find that the Holy Spirit will lead me to people I will either learn a lesson (good or bad) to change me into a better more mature Christian. Always seeking Jesus is the narrow path. If you think would Jesus walk this way and don't know then seek out that question in prayer. For me right now I have not been able to find a church to be involved in but I love my studies and feel closer to Jesus today than when I did go.
I will always be, no matter denomination a child of Christ Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Questore
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Himself is the way. When we can learn to empty ourselves of our own superficial desires and our own will, and allow Jesus to abide in us (and subsequently, us in Him), we enable Him to live His life through us.
When that happens, we walk the path without even trying through His leading us.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the path is broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few...

Yeshua said: I AM The Way, The Truth and The life

Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father is the one above all, the source of all light and energy... Spiritually, physically, and mentally. Christ Jesus instructed us to pray...

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. - Matthew 6

Christ Jesus goes on to say...

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. - John 15:16

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. - John 16:23

So my prayers are to the Father in the name of Jesus....

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: - John 15:26

Notice that the Spirit of God proceedeth from the Father and testifies of Christ. I believe that the Holy Spirit and Christ Jesus (especially as he is called son) proceedeth from the Father. And I believe that it is helpful to pray the Father in the name of Jesus for more of his Holy Spirit.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" - John 14:6

The only way to the Father is through the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Holy Spirit is our guide who will help us along the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all, who seem unanimously (almost) advising me to stand firm on my current position. I feel yet some kind of uncomfort to leave definitely my ancient catholic background, likely for reason of fidelity and engagement, because I' m not sure to move away farther from an institution woudn't be some kind of treason or division, whereas I believe Christ wants unity.

It's very complicated

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Living within any church requires you to do as they would have you do in a lot of ways. All churches are Nicolaitan in this way that there are some in authority who do the instructing, and the rest must do as they are told whether it is right or wrong if we wish to belong to that church. This is why bible studies that are non-denominational are so helpful...one gets fellowship, and is able to ask questions, but decide for oneself what behavior is supposed to be to be like Yeshua.

The Catholic Church is badly compromised in this way, but there are many Catholics that love Yeshua. One problem is not reading a good, non-Catholic Bible to see if what they are doing is what Yeshua wants you to do. The Catholic Church is very open about what they have changed from the original Nazarene Judaism that began everything, while all the Reform Churches are little better, and so one still needs to run your life by the Scriptures, and the leading of the Holy Spirit more than anything else.

There are non-denominational books that teach about practical Christianity...that give directions on how to live your life, but these too must be compared to the Bible.
But you can, in a simple way, simply begin by keeping the Ten Commandments in the most clear and simple way, and then read the Scriptures on how to keep those commandments best. Not bowing (genuflecting) to images, even that of Yeshua is to be avoided. Putting Yeshua first is the most important thing, not what someone in a church says.

Yeshua kept a Saturday Sabbath, and the Yearly Festivals and I am trying to keep them, but that is between you and the Holy Spirit as to whether that is something you should do. I know that G-d prefers it, because he inaugurated the Saturday Sabbath before Adam sinned, and the prophets are full of G-d's delight in the Sabbath, while the Festivals are honoring and remembering Yeshua, but you must decide is that is right for you just now.

Honoring your parents is not necessarily doing as they like, but making sure you treat them well and respect them. The rest of the commandments are not murdering, lying, stealing/cheating/committing fraud, coveting what is not yours, and not committing sexual sin. The Acts 15 rules to add into your life is to study all the Scriptures, to avoid eating blood, to avoid all kinds of idolatry...like preferring your own way above G-d's ways.

Acts 15:19-21 (CJB)
19 “Therefore, my opinion is that we should not put obstacles in the way of the Goyim who are turning to God.
20 Instead, we should write them a letter telling them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from fornication, from what is strangled and from blood.
21 For from the earliest times, Moshe has had in every city those who proclaim him, with his words being read in the synagogues every Shabbat.”

Walking a simple set of rules for your life, like the Ten Commandments and the Act's 15 Statements, and not paying attention to anyone but the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit is the easiest way to begin your walk on the narrow path. And even though you fall, Yeshua will help you up, dust you off, and walk beside you again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thank you all, who seem unanimously (almost) advising me to stand firm on my current position. I feel yet some kind of uncomfort to leave definitely my ancient catholic background, likely for reason of fidelity and engagement, because I' m not sure to move away farther from an institution woudn't be some kind of treason or division, whereas I believe Christ wants unity.

It's very complicated
We all must seek God's Kingdom ourselves, and ask and keep asking God to reveal the truth to us, as well as protect us from (reveal openly) any lies we have succumbed to or that we are tempted to believe.
God is the only one who can reveal the truth to anyone,
as Jesus told Peter in NT.

Upvote 0

drayanna

Apr 24, 2017
no where
✟9,516.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It's very complicated

Please forgive me Peter.
I was not meaning to down your church. I used a example of the many studies I've done on the 7 churches.
Listen, as a previous post said Our Heavenly Father sent His son Jesus to be the sacrificial Lamb.
As Jewish would sacrifice a unblimished sheep to cleanse their sins the Lamb of God is our Savior. As the sinless Lamb He laid down His life. He was not killed by Jewish or Romans. They were there but Jesus said He laid his life down to raise it again. This means He could have stopped the sacrifice.
As He walked He wants us to walk. I think of how loving and yet firm He was. How He would try to explain how hard it is for a rich man to enter heaven for if you think you are rich and need nothing you may miss the most valuable treasure ever given and that is the no greater love than one who lays down His life for you.
Please Jesus by studying His words. Praying to Our Father Thanking Jesus for his willingness to give so much and being worthy. Pray for Wisdom from God through the Holy Spirit. Buy worship songs like Wow 2016 (was a good one) play the songs while you drive or work and you will find your mind will wonder back to Jesus and your heart will soar. (More songs... mended, in the eye of the storm..)
The narrow path really is trusting in Jesus. The wide paths are allowing distractions from Jesus which can be video games, tv, football, etc. These things are not bad in and of itself but if you spend more time on one or more of these they distant you off the path and as the example in Moses day if a Jewish was bit by a serpent to survive they had to look at the serpent made and carried by Moses to survive. To survive this wicked world we must stay focused on the cross for salvation. All sins are forgivable except not refusing the Holy Spirit. When He talks to you Listen.
Sins that you may commit will become easier to deny the more you keep reading, praying and just singing praises as David did.
I tell you though that when Jesus says that what is in His Hand can not be plucked from His Hand means that once you are His he does not let you go. You will sin because it will be inevitable but as the Holy Spirit resides in you, you will feel the grieving or sorrow and when you do ask then and their for forgiveness of your sins and talk to Jesus for he called us children He called us Brides and He calls us friend. He knows your thoughts and knows you more than you know yourself. Trust in Him alone as your savior and Our Heavenly Father who loves His son will love you. That is awesome ....
If you stay in the Catholic Church just know Mary was just as important as you and me but she can not save you anymore than you can save me. She was blessed to have the Son of God and as David was favored by God so was Mary. And their is no amount of money that saves you or can protect you from punishment. Money or gold does nothing in the heavenly realm. To describe colors that was shown to prophets they could only use what they knew to describe what they saw in heaven. It's not a currency in heaven. And the great thing that when Jesus forgives it's freedom. No matter how bad. One who sins without remorse is one who doesn't really want to please God. Jesus knows your heart so he knows when you really need forgiveness and it feels like you are floating on air. Take care peter. No matter denomination trusting Jesus as the Son of God as your truth , life and only way makes you in the body of Christ who shares the Holy Spirit in this world.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Where can I please Jesus the more, according to you?

Rather, according to YHWH the CREATOR
- HE will reveal the truth, He says, Himself, directly to you, in fact
to anyone who seeks Him and keeps seeking Him (all their life).

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have been a Christian for 30 years.. I have never belonged to a denomination in that time.. The Word of God is the Authority for me.. I trust in God and in no human being or human organisation..

Ones Eternal life is too important to blindly follow faulty men..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thank you again, Questore, yeshuaslavejeff, drayanna, adstar,longwait, for now I more deeply feel how concerned you are of my salvation. I'm very sensitive of this.
As for catholic church frame, I must admit I have always kept the obedience as a vertu.It's likely related to Jesus submission to his parents after his teaching in the synagog as a 12 year old boy, or when making his miracle at Cana, on Mary's directive, and against his deeper will. Doesn't Paul tell us to obey human power? and was slavery clearly condemned by him, or just supervised by his teaching?(I'm not a slavery partisan)
Yet, I have to make freedom's apology too, as it seems to be God's gift to children, since Jesus allowed himself to run away from his parents to teach doctors in his Father's home. He signalled his mother she was taking an inopportune advantage of her ascendancy over him at Cana.
I 'll add my own experience as a "free electron" in christianity is not devoid of some kind of fullness, sometimes.
As for Drayanna's post, I'm peculiarly receptive of your brotherly hope you give to me, but I have to say, as well as to longwait, I have a long time devotion for Mary, who was to obey Jesus 's teaching about children' s welcome, when Gabriel told her about her pregnancy. Now, I also have a predilection for humble children, when today's ones are less plain than we used to be, for I confess I do feel a good thing that Mary became visible to a simple girl, Bernadette Soubirou, in south western France, the latter whom called her immaculate conception. I' m deeply sorry for I likely disappointed you, for my predilection for humble children is almost irreducible, however deep is my wish to converge with you.
God bless

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus remains the path, the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except thru Jesus.
When or how that may be, is in the Father's hands,
or perhaps as Jesus said over Jerusalem - He would have gathered them in His Wings, His Care and Salvation His Way entirely, if only they had been willing, but "they would not"....

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The way to life is narrow - not many find it.
No, not many at all.
"Few" ....
while "many" on the popular road, the wide road, to destruction.... oh, they had a chance, they willingly go...
That's what's most odd,
they willingly go... arm in arm, hand in hand, with family, friends, comrades, companions, teachers, and so on... all willingly go.....
as Jesus said.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How did you become a Christian?
What church were you, are you involved with?

All that God requires of us is to worship him in the company of other believers ( church) and to be obedient ( live as christ like as we can, while telling others about him)

If you are confused, there is only one answer and that is to start reading about Christianity and learning what and why you believe it.

• Agree
Upvote 0