United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, I have survey question. The question is:

In what form to you believe Christ's resurrected body to be in now? (2016)

If individuals answers could be kept short (~2 sentences), that would be great.
By 'form', do you mean general shape and physical characteristics or do you mean it's nature (e.g. ability to change, omnipresent etc.)?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
By 'form', do you mean general shape and physical characteristics or do you mean it's nature (e.g. ability to change, omnipresent etc.)?
What I'm specifically interested in is whether or not you believe Christ has a physical resurrected body today.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I'm specifically interested in is whether or not you believe Christ has a physical resurrected body today.
Yes physical, but one that at will can go through our material world...like walls and sealed tombs. :) Maybe you can call it 'spiritually physical'?

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(1Co 15:40-44)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Christ is Spirit, as He was in His pre-incarnate form.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It really doesn't matter what people believe, does it?

Y'SHUA appeared after HIS RESURRECTION in HIS PHYSICAL BODY to HIS DISCIPLES (and ONLY to those who believed in HIM).

Nothing anyone believes can ever change this.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Human. Because He's a human being. So flesh, bone, skin, muscles, eyes, hair; because He's the same now as He was when He showed Himself after the resurrection.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Christ is Spirit, as He was in His pre-incarnate form.

The problem with this is that it, ultimately, undermines the entire Incarnation. If the Incarnation were only a temporary thing. God became man means that in the Person of Jesus both Deity and humanity exist in perfect Hypostatic Union, and this is, truly, our salvation, as St. Gregory of Nazianzus writes, "What is not assumed is not healed" and also St. Athanasius, "He became man that we might become God".

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
It really doesn't matter what people believe, does it?

Y'SHUA appeared after HIS RESURRECTION in HIS PHYSICAL BODY to HIS DISCIPLES (and ONLY to those who believed in HIM).

Nothing anyone believes can ever change this.
I am curious as to people's different beliefs. Obviously I have already studied the matter thoroughly and arrived at my best understanding of Truth. But I am curious as to other people's beliefs, as this question is met with a variety of responses through Christendom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Human. Because He's a human being. So flesh, bone, skin, muscles, eyes, hair; because He's the same now as He was when He showed Himself after the resurrection.

-CryptoLutheran
The problem with this is that it, ultimately, undermines the entire Incarnation. If the Incarnation were only a temporary thing. God became man means that in the Person of Jesus both Deity and humanity exist in perfect Hypostatic Union, and this is, truly, our salvation, as St. Gregory of Nazianzus writes, "What is not assumed is not healed" and also St. Athanasius, "He became man that we might become God".

-CryptoLutheran
Thank you for this thoughtful response.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Obviously?" Why obviously?
Since salvation and truth requires Y'SHUA MESSIAH came in the flesh, and was crucified dead and buried,
and rose from the dead never to die again,
no one's opinion matters, if it differs from what Y'SHUA HIMSELF says, in agreement with YHWH'S WORD and
requirements for salvation. It would only reveal if
someone's spirit is antichrist or not antichrist,
or on the positive side: CHRIST'S or not CHRIST'S.
That is the TEST YHWH GIVES
in HIS WORD
to determine if a spirit it TRUE or FALSE.

I am curious as to people's different beliefs. Obviously I have already studied the matter thoroughly and arrived at my best understanding of Truth. But I am curious as to other people's beliefs, as this question is met with a variety of responses through Christendom.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
"Obviously?" Why obviously?
Since salvation and truth requires Y'SHUA MESSIAH came in the flesh, and was crucified dead and buried,
and rose from the dead never to die again,
no one's opinion matters, if it differs from what Y'SHUA HIMSELF says, in agreement with YHWH'S WORD and
requirements for salvation. It would only reveal if
someone's spirit is antichrist or not antichrist,
or on the positive side: CHRIST'S or not CHRIST'S.
That is the TEST YHWH GIVES
in HIS WORD
to determine if a spirit it TRUE or FALSE.
Again, I did not post this thread to determine what is True. I already looked into that thorough with the HS, and not on an internet search.

Why I posted this thread is to get a better understanding and survey of other people's beliefs.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok. Why do you believe this? Do you believe His resurrected body was non-physical as well?

I'm not going to be dogmatic about what I think our Lord's body 'is' at the moment, but in saying that His body is Spirit is not to say that He is either corporal or incorporeal. Like the angels who show up in the Old Testament, appearing out of nowhere, eating meals with people, and then disappearing, Jesus is also in a state of the Spirit, able to transform Himself if He so wills (but obviously as Lord OVER the angels, not an angel Himself). So, in sum, I personally believe that Jesus took up again the full mantle of His previous existence as the Logos of God ... something that I think is alluded to by Paul in Philippians 2:6-7

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

-CryptoLutheran

Sorry, ViaCrucis, while I respect you, and I surely respect early Christian leaders, I don't feel I have to stick to their formulations and articulations in an exacting fashion, so anything that St. Gregory or St. Athanasius had to say is secondary to that of Jesus and the Apostles; useful, yes, but fully authoritative, no.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I think of Jesus' incarnate state as a moment when He placed Himself into a temporary human body; He was still the Logos, just a temporarily transformed Logos/God. So, in essence, my perception of Jesus is that He was still God, but He voluntarily transformed Himself into a vulnerable human self--still spiritually 'one' with the Father. And at His resurrection, His 'physicality' rejoined, so to speak, the Spiritual, non-flesh essence of the Father and the Holy Spirit, with whom He was already One.

Furthermore, from a human perspective, I'm fairly confident that no one has the 'Final Formula' of God's exact nature ... not me, not the Early Church Fathers, not Athanasius, not Augustine, not the various Popes, not Orthodox Patriarchs, not Luther, not Calvin, not Billy Graham ... no one but the Lord Himself. We have but a simple (revealed) description given to us in Scripture, an allusion to God's Fullness of which only He Himself is fully aware.

p.s. This is the only response I'll write here for reasons pertaining to forum rules, but if you think we need to discuss this further, I'm open to doing so on another thread. :cool:

2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I'm not going to be dogmatic about what I think our Lord's body 'is' at the moment, but in saying that His body is Spirit is not to say that He is either corporal or incorporeal. Like the angels who show up in the Old Testament, appearing out of nowhere, eating meals with people, and then disappearing, Jesus is also in a state of the Spirit, able to transform Himself if He so wills (but obviously as Lord OVER the angels, not an angel Himself). So, in sum, I personally believe that Jesus took up again the full mantle of His previous existence as the Logos of God ... something that I think is alluded to by Paul in Philippians 2:6-7

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.​
Sorry, ViaCrucis, while I respect you, and I surely respect early Christian leaders, I don't feel I have to stick to their formulations and articulations in an exacting fashion, so anything that St. Gregory or St. Athanasius had to say is secondary to that of Jesus and the Apostles; useful, yes, but fully authoritative, no.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I think of Jesus' incarnate state as a moment when He placed Himself into a temporary human body; He was still the Logos, just a temporarily transformed Logos/God. So, in essence, my perception of Jesus is that He was still God, but He voluntarily transformed Himself into a vulnerable human self--still spiritually 'one' with the Father. And at His resurrection, His 'physicality' rejoined, so to speak, the Spiritual, non-flesh essence of the Father and the Holy Spirit, with whom He was already One.

Furthermore, from a human perspective, I'm fairly confident that no one has the 'Final Formula' of God's exact nature ... not me, not the Early Church Fathers, not Athanasius, not Augustine, not the various Popes, not Orthodox Patriarchs, not Luther, not Calvin, not Billy Graham ... no one but the Lord Himself. We have but a simple (revealed) description given to us in Scripture, an allusion to God's Fullness of which only He Himself is fully aware.

p.s. This is the only response I'll write here for reasons pertaining to forum rules, but if you think we need to discuss this further, I'm open to doing so on another thread. :cool:

2PhiloVoid
Thank you for your informative response. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your informative response. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
You're welcome, Jane! :cool:

Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I personally believe that Jesus took up again the full mantle of His previous existence as the Logos of God ... something that I think is alluded to by Paul in Philippians 2:6-7
While being human, He never ceased being God, He only laid aside it's priveleges and humbled Himself as a man.
As the exalted God, He doesn't cease with His humanity even as He ever liveth to be our intercessor.

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
(Heb 7:25)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;(1Ti 2:5)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While being human, He never ceased being God, He only laid aside it's priveleges and humbled Himself as a man.
As the exalted God, He doesn't cease with His humanity even as He ever liveth to be our intercessor.

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
(Heb 7:25)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;(1Ti 2:5)

Yep, that's what I said. Amen. ;)

Upvote 0