Jesus' rapture into heaven, right after His birth, is symbolic for Divine protection on earth.

In Revelation 12:5, does Jesus physically rapture into heaven, or Jesus raptures staying on earth?

• Jesus physically stays on earth during His rapture of Revelation 12:5

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Jesus physically raptures into heaven, by God's Throne, in Revelation 12:5

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 12:3
Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth. She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.

Matthew 2:12
Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.

We Catholics believe that Jesus did not physically rapture into heaven, right after His birth, but instead, stayed on earth. Jesus' rapture to God's Throne in heaven, at His birth, is instead symbolic for God's Divine intervention on earth, in giving Jesus and the Holy Family safe passage away from Herod, who was trying to kill Jesus. The woman, is described as both the Blessed Mother, physical mother of Jesus, and mother Israel, who is the ancestral mother of Jesus. Scripture says that the woman flees to the desert. The desert is where Israel went when God raptures them out of Egypt during the Exodus.

As of the year 2000, Jesus has given the Catholic Church, His Divine Mercy Feast Day and His Divine Mercy Chaplet, as the 'wedding garment' (Matthew 22:12) to wear, in preparation for His day of Wrath and Judgement. Jesus tells us this will protect us through God's Day of Wrath. Wearing Jesus' gift of Divine Mercy gives us safe passage to Jesus' Wedding Feast, as we go into Jesus' Kingdom Come, on earth. To put on Jesus' gifts of His Divine Mercy Feast Day and Divine Mercy Chaplet, through the Sacrament of Reconciliation (which the Sacrament of Reconciliation is Jesus' lips loosting our sins), and Eucharist, is washing ourselves in the Blood of the Lamb. Receiving Jesus' gift of Divine Mercy, is described in the Book of Revelation as having God's seal being placed upon His Elect.

Jesus tells we Catholics that we are going to ride out the storm of God's Wrath of Armageddon, through the Three Days of Darkness, right here on earth, as we enter into Jesus' Kingdom Come, of Messianic Reign. Just like Noah during the Great Flood, Israel during the Exodus and Jesus at His birth, God is going to protect us as He raptures us into His Kingdom Come, of Messianic Reign, where the Church will be God's Holy City, on earth. Messianic Reign begins!

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth so that no wind could blow on land or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel come up from the East, holding the seal of the living God. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were given power to damage the land and the sea, 'Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.' I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites.​

Jesus The Divine Mercy
by St.Faustina

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary - Divine Mercy in My Soul, 965)

“Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice... (1146) Today I heard a voice in my soul: Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy.

I desire that the first Sunday after Easter be the Feast of Mercy.
Ask of my faithful servant
[Father Sopocko] that, on this day, he tell the whole world of My great mercy; that whoever approaches the Fount of Life on this day will be granted complete remission of sins and punishment. (299, 300)

... Oh, how miserable are those who do not take advantage of the miracle of God's mercy! You will call out in vain, but it will be too late. (1448)

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

... you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ... (635)

The devotion to Jesus as the Divine Mercy is based on the writings of Saint Faustina, a Polish nun who wrote a diary of about 600 pages recording the revelations she received about God's mercy.
Quoted from: www.DivineMercy.com

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth so that no wind could blow on land or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel come up from the East, holding the seal of the living God. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were given power to damage the land and the sea, 'Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.' I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites.

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands. They cried out in a loud voice: 'Salvation comes from our God, who is seated on the throne, and from the Lamb.' All the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They prostrated themselves before the throne, worshiped God, and exclaimed: 'Amen. Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving, honor, power, and might be to our God forever and ever. Amen.'

Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me, 'Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?' I said to him, 'My lord, you are the one who knows.' He said to me, 'These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb'.

'For this reason they stand before God's throne and worship him day and night in his temple. The one who sits on the throne will shelter them. They will not hunger or thirst anymore, nor will the sun or any heat strike them. For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes'.

Isaiah 4:2
On that day, The branch of the LORD will be luster and glory, and the fruit of the earth will be honor and splendor for the survivors of Israel. He who remains in Zion and he that is left in Jerusalem Will be called holy: every one marked down for life in Jerusalem. When the Lord washes away the filth of the daughters of Zion, And purges Jerusalem's blood from her midst with a blast of searing judgment, Then will the LORD create, over the whole site of Mount Zion and over her place of assembly, A smoking cloud by day and a light of flaming fire by night. For over all, his glory will be shelter and protection: shade from the parching heat of day,refuge and cover from storm and rain.

Matthew 22:1

Jesus again in reply spoke to them in parables, saying, The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come. A second time he sent other servants, saying, 'Tell those invited: "Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast."' Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. The king was enraged and sent his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come. Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.' The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment. He said to him, 'My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?' But he was reduced to silence. Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.' Many are invited, but few are chosen."

Last edited:

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12:3
Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth. She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.

Matthew 2:12
Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.

We Catholics believe that Jesus did not physically rapture into heaven, right after His birth, but instead, stayed on earth. Jesus' rapture to God's Throne in heaven, at His birth, is instead symbolic for God's Divine intervention on earth, in giving Jesus and the Holy Family safe passage away from Herod, who was trying to kill Jesus. The woman, is described as both the Blessed Mother, physical mother of Jesus, and mother Israel, who is the ancestral mother of Jesus. Scripture says that the woman flees to the desert. The desert is where Israel went when God raptures them out of Egypt during the Exodus.

As of the year 2000, Jesus has given the Catholic Church, His Divine Mercy Feast Day and His Divine Mercy Chaplet, as the 'wedding garment' (Matthew 22:12) to wear, in preparation for His day of Wrath and Judgement. Jesus tells us this will protect us through God's Day of Wrath. Wearing Jesus' gift of Divine Mercy gives us safe passage to Jesus' Wedding Feast, as we go into Jesus' Kingdom Come, on earth. To put on Jesus' gifts of His Divine Mercy Feast Day and Divine Mercy Chaplet, through the Sacrament of Reconciliation (which the Sacrament of Reconciliation is Jesus' lips loosting our sins), and Eucharist, is washing ourselves in the Blood of the Lamb. Receiving Jesus' gift of Divine Mercy, is described in the Book of Revelation as having God's seal being placed upon His Elect.

Jesus tells we Catholics that we are going to ride out the storm of God's Wrath of Armageddon, through the Three Days of Darkness, right here on earth, as we enter into Jesus' Kingdom Come, of Messianic Reign. Just like Noah during the Great Flood, Israel during the Exodus and Jesus at His birth, God is going to protect us as He raptures us into His Kingdom Come, of Messianic Reign, where the Church will be God's Holy City, on earth. Messianic Reign begins!

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth so that no wind could blow on land or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel come up from the East, holding the seal of the living God. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were given power to damage the land and the sea, 'Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.' I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites.​

Jesus The Divine Mercy
by St.Faustina

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary - Divine Mercy in My Soul, 965)

“Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice... (1146) Today I heard a voice in my soul: Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy.

I desire that the first Sunday after Easter be the Feast of Mercy.
Ask of my faithful servant
[Father Sopocko] that, on this day, he tell the whole world of My great mercy; that whoever approaches the Fount of Life on this day will be granted complete remission of sins and punishment. (299, 300)

... Oh, how miserable are those who do not take advantage of the miracle of God's mercy! You will call out in vain, but it will be too late. (1448)

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

... you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ... (635)

The devotion to Jesus as the Divine Mercy is based on the writings of Saint Faustina, a Polish nun who wrote a diary of about 600 pages recording the revelations she received about God's mercy.
Quoted from: www.DivineMercy.com

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth so that no wind could blow on land or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel come up from the East, holding the seal of the living God. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were given power to damage the land and the sea, 'Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.' I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites.

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands. They cried out in a loud voice: 'Salvation comes from our God, who is seated on the throne, and from the Lamb.' All the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They prostrated themselves before the throne, worshiped God, and exclaimed: 'Amen. Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving, honor, power, and might be to our God forever and ever. Amen.'

Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me, 'Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?' I said to him, 'My lord, you are the one who knows.' He said to me, 'These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb'.

'For this reason they stand before God's throne and worship him day and night in his temple. The one who sits on the throne will shelter them. They will not hunger or thirst anymore, nor will the sun or any heat strike them. For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes'.

Isaiah 4:2
On that day, The branch of the LORD will be luster and glory, and the fruit of the earth will be honor and splendor for the survivors of Israel. He who remains in Zion and he that is left in Jerusalem Will be called holy: every one marked down for life in Jerusalem. When the Lord washes away the filth of the daughters of Zion, And purges Jerusalem's blood from her midst with a blast of searing judgment, Then will the LORD create, over the whole site of Mount Zion and over her place of assembly, A smoking cloud by day and a light of flaming fire by night. For over all, his glory will be shelter and protection: shade from the parching heat of day,refuge and cover from storm and rain.
Matthew 22:1
Jesus again in reply spoke to them in parables, saying, The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come. A second time he sent other servants, saying, 'Tell those invited: "Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast."' Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. The king was enraged and sent his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come. Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.' The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment. He said to him, 'My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?' But he was reduced to silence. Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.' Many are invited, but few are chosen."

The reason why you have to alter the Revelation 12 text from the child being caught up to the Throne of God in Heaven to some symbolism because we are told Jesus went to Egypt as a child, not Heaven, is because you've misidentified the child.

Instead of changing the scripture to suit your thinking, change your thinking to suit the scriptures.

The child is the one who will rule the nations with a rod of iron. There are two entities, not one, described in scripture as ruling with a rod of iron, Jesus and His Church. Paul goes into great detail explaining that these two entities are one body with Jesus as the head of the body. This corporate entity, comprising one body, contains all who are said to rule with a rod of iron. This is the child being caught up to the throne and is a picture of Him gathering His people together in the rapture prior to the wrath falling on the woman.

So, you can 'ride out the storm of God's Wrath of Armageddon' all you want, but those who belong to Him, who are destined to rule with Him with a rod of iron, won't be participating.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the child being caught up to the throne and is a picture of Him gathering His people together in the rapture prior to the wrath falling on the woman.
Hello SeventyOne,
In Revelation 12:14, we see God's Divine Protection of the woman, after her child is caught up to God and to His Throne. Who, do you say, is receiving Divine Protection from harm, by God, after her child is caught up to heaven?

Who, do you say, are the Woman's 'other offspring', 'who keep God's commandments and bear witness to Jesus', that the dragon wages war against, after the dragon realizes he cannot harm the woman, due to God's Divine Protection of the woman?

Revelation 12:13
When the dragon saw that it had been thrown down to the earth, it pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she could fly to her place in the desert, where, far from the serpent, she was taken care of for a year, two years, and a half-year. The serpent, however, spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current. But the earth helped the woman and opened its mouth and swallowed the flood that the dragon spewed out of its mouth. Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello SeventyOne,
In Revelation 12:14, we see God's Divine Protection of the woman, after her child is caught up to God and to His Throne. Who, do you say, is receiving Divine Protection from harm, by God, after her child is caught up to heaven?

Who, do you say, are the Woman's 'other offspring', 'who keep God's commandments and bear witness to Jesus', that the dragon wages war against, after the dragon realizes he cannot harm the woman, due to God's Divine Protection of the woman?

Revelation 12:13
When the dragon saw that it had been thrown down to the earth, it pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she could fly to her place in the desert, where, far from the serpent, she was taken care of for a year, two years, and a half-year. The serpent, however, spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current. But the earth helped the woman and opened its mouth and swallowed the flood that the dragon spewed out of its mouth. Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.
The woman is Israel. The seed of the woman that receives protection is the remnant of Israel that flees when the abomination of desolation is set up.

The Church is in heaven having been raptured there in the pre trib rapture.

As for the Catholic Church it is the harlot that rides the scarlet colored beast.

Rev 17
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Eventually the 10 kings will hate the harlot and burn her with fire

Rev 17
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Those in the Catholic Church that understand that the Catholic Church is the harlot do as instructed and .......come out of her my people.

Upvote 0