Jesus prophesied that we would be keeping the Sabbath until He returns in Matthew 24

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually Lulav, the old covenant was not about the Israelite's salvation, it was about how they were to live after being slaves in Egypt. It was their constitution so to speak.
It most certainly was, the things that were done in the Exodus show the salvation plan very vividly. (I'll write more about this when I have the time but I must serve up dinner now)

This covenant was a marriage covenant not a constitution.

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,060.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you keep making false accusations at me?

I said "Nothing to deny there, just wondering which house does your covenant fall under?"

Not denying, not challenging.

Now will you please answer the question about the New Covenant?
Which house are you from? The house of Israel or the House of Judah?
Because that is who the New Covenant is made with.
Maybe these verses will help.

Christ is the mediator of a new covenant (Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 12:24)

Galatians 3​
7Understand, then, that those who have faith are sons of Abraham. 8The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and foretold the gospel to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” 9So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith…​
…26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
John 8:39 “If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham.​
God made the new covenant with us through Christ. Christ’s definition of a true Israelite is one with no deceit (John 1:47), and not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel (Romans 9:6, Romans 2:29).

Romans 9​
25As He says in Hosea: “I will call them ‘My People’ who are not My people, and I will call her ‘My Beloved’ who is not My beloved,” 26and, “It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’ ”​

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not avoiding, there's just so many replies to this thread when I come on I sometimes miss them, it's happened with my own threads. :doh:

Anyways, to your question.

First we must establish that the LORD God did not make a Covenant (of marriage) to the whole world, he made it only with Israel. It was where they promised to obey his commandments and HE promised to be their God, their one and only God and no one elses.

Later on the house of Israel broke off from the house of Judah so their were two different kingdoms.

The prophecy in Jeremiah is addressed to those two kingdoms but notice this:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

When this was written it was written to all the house of Israel. Notice the covenant with Judah and Israel (vr 31) are reduced down into one again (ver 33). One new man?

Also since this was written to them only they had the law of God, the true God and were the ones accountable. The rest of the world were heathens. They could join Israel if they made Him their one and only God and followed the rules he gave to his people.

So only Israel was given a marriage covenant with the one True God, in order to be given the second one you need to be part of Israel. That doesn't include the whole world.
Did you happen to read my post #345 about the old covenant not being salvational?
I believe the new covenant is with all mankind no matter what Jeremiah wrote. I could be completely wrong, but Eph 2:14-15 certainly indicates that the new covenant is for ALL and so does 2Cor3:7-11. If I am wrong God still has an open covenant I can claim, the Abrahamic covenant. Remember Abraham was a Gentile and his salvation didn't depend on keeping 613 laws, God's covenant with him was all about believing God and his faith and is open to all who will claim it.

1Jn3 tells me I am of the truth if I believe in the one who God sent as Savor and love others as He taught us. Jesus loves us so much that He laid down His life that I might live. Jesus did say: Jn15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. And that is exactly what He did for those who love others as He loves us. Love, not law is what our lives are about while we sojourn on this Earth. It certainly is not about keeping old covenant rituals.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what is the purpose of this question if we know God is the true author. Paul is just a messenger like all the prophets of the old. So your point is?
So you believe Paul to be a Prophet?
Maybe these verses will help.

Christ is the mediator of a new covenant (Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 12:24)
Why does the New covenant need a mediator or mediation?

Mediator - a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between:

John 8:39 “If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham.
Right, As Yeshua said, the 'Works of Abraham' Ref: Gen 26

4 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky, and I will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, 5 because
Abraham listened to My voice and
kept My charge,
My commandments,
My statutes, and
My laws.”
Did you happen to read my post #345 about the old covenant not being salvational?
Yes, I did and answered that I didn't agree. It is the foundation of the Saving God. I said I would lay it out more in detail and I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,060.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you believe Paul to be a Prophet?
Still not sure about the point you are trying to make, especially towards Paul who urges others to pray for the gift to prophesy (1 Corinthians 14:1), spoke a prophecy in Acts 27:23-25 (ref: Numbers 12:6), and Apostle John wrote the Book the Revelation as a prophecy (Revelation 22:6,9).

Maybe I may understand better by asking, do you think the writings of Paul are credible?
Why does the New covenant need a mediator or mediation?

Mediator - a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between:
Christ being the mediator is what the Bible says (Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 12:24). Weird to see you are questioning this. Jesus also says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).”

Are you discrediting the writings in NT, or are you trying to establish something?
Right, As Yeshua said, the 'Works of Abraham' Ref: Gen 26

4 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky, and I will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, 5 because
Abraham listened to My voice and
kept My charge,
My commandments,
My statutes, and
My laws.”
The work of Abraham is to keep what was given to him by God at his time. Similarly, for us, we keep what God gives to us in our time.

John 6:29​
Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.”​

So why did Jesus says we believe in the One He has sent as work? “One He has sent” did not happen in Abraham’s time but in our time. But both Abraham and us believe in God’s proper time.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Still not sure about the point you are trying to make, especially towards Paul who urges others to pray for the gift to prophesy (1 Corinthians 14:1), spoke a prophecy in Acts 27:23-25 (ref: Numbers 12:6), and Apostle John wrote the Book the Revelation as a prophecy (Revelation 22:6,9).
Just wanted to understand that you see him as a prophet. Though I'm not sure that anyone listed under the prophets of the Old Testament asked to be such. Most would rather have not been.
As far as John, I don't see him as a Prophet, he only wrote down what he saw and was told to. Sure much is prophecy but I just never thought of him that way since it was the Messiah whose Revelation it was.
Maybe I may understand better by asking, do you think the writings of Paul are credible?
I think they should be in the Bible.
Christ being the mediator is what the Bible says (Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 12:24). Weird to see you are questioning this. Jesus also says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).”
It's what one anonymous book says. There is no witness to that is there? but taking the definition of mediator into the equation I think that can lead to all kinds of misunderstandings and make regular people think they are better than others and that only they can go to God for them.
Are you discrediting the writings in NT, or are you trying to establish something?
Just asking some questions that pop into my head.
The work of Abraham is to keep what was given to him by God at his time. Similarly, for us, we keep what God gives to us in our time.
There are works that made him righteous enough to pass on the promise to bring Messiah.
John 6:29​
Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.”​

So why did Jesus says we believe in the One He has sent as work? “One He has sent” did not happen in Abraham’s time but in our time. But both Abraham and us believe in God’s proper time.
Abraham saw that day when he was in the midst of obeying the LORD on Mt Moriah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,060.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wanted to understand that you see him as a prophet. Though I'm not sure that anyone listed under the prophets of the Old Testament asked to be such. Most would rather have not been.
As far as John, I don't see him as a Prophet, he only wrote down what he saw and was told to. Sure much is prophecy but I just never thought of him that way since it was the Messiah whose Revelation it was.
The Book of Acts was written by Luke, testifying for Paul in Acts 27:23-25. Are all the prophets of the Old Testament priests? Like how we were called priests today (1 Peter 2:9)? The definition of a prophet is set by God in Numbers 12:6 and Deuteronomy 18:21-22. There were still many prophets in the apostolic church after Jesus ascended.
I think they should be in the Bible.
It's what one anonymous book says. There is no witness to that is there? but taking the definition of mediator into the equation I think that can lead to all kinds of misunderstandings and make regular people think they are better than others and that only they can go to God for them.
And if you believe what the Bible says is credible, why not believe this anonymous book in the Bible?

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).” – Was Jesus not clear enough that He is the mediator?

If these are not enough, here is another: 1 Timothy 2:5-6 "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time."
There are works that made him righteous enough to pass on the promise to bring Messiah.
Abraham saw that day when he was in the midst of obeying the LORD on Mt Moriah.
“Works” are defined by God, not us (John 6:29). “Time” is also decided by God (Galatians 4:4-5, Ecclesiastes 3:1). Do you think there is no difference before and after Jesus came to the flesh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,060.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it's so 'obsolete' then why did James get on Paul for supposedly teaching not to keep the law? They had heard that was what he was doing. Not just him but Thousands of Messianic Jewish believers. None of them believed the Law given to Moses was obsolete.

"submitting to all the New Covenant commands found throughout the NT writings."

And what would those be? And why would you have to submit to something that is already written on your heart?
Like a human growing from a child to an adult (Galatians 4:1-7), the law change from the past to the new. We still see the term “law” or “commandments” in NT, but they progressed (Hebrews 7:18-19, 8:13, 2 Corinthians 3:7-11), just like the thoughts of a child changed when becoming an adult (1 Cor 13:11), and the childish thoughts vanished. Jesus fulfilling the law is like making a child grow into an adult (Romans 8:4). Both child and adult are humans, but adults are free (James 1:25) whereas children are under control. Adults understand true love, whereas children generally follow strict instructions (understand a little but not wholly).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is why reading the scripture In context is so important. Law is a generic term and could mean the Ten Commandments or it could mean any of the laws of Moses.

Hebrew 7:18 is not referring to the Ten Commandments, it is referring to the law of the Levitical priesthood and Jesus became our High Priest in the New Covenant, which is why there was a change in the law. Hebrews 8:13 is referring the the agreement that changed, not God’s laws as clearly shown in Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 8:10 and Hebrews 10:16. 2 Cor. 3:17-11 is referring to the Ten Commandment because it is what defines sin when broken Roman 7:7 and is the wages of sin or condemnation of the law, when we break it, which is why it is being referred to as the ministry of death. Paul makes it very clear the commandments are holy and good Romans 7:12 and said what matters is keeping the commandments of God 1 Cor 7:19, so context matters.

There will never be a time as child where God said do not worship other gods but once you become an adult you are free to worship other gods, or bow to idols, covet and commit adultery etc. etc.. Not sure how one can make this argument from scripture, because it is certainly not what Jesus taught. Jesus taught us to keep God’s commandments Matthew 19:17-19, Matthew 15:3-9. Matthew 5:19-30, John 14:15 just like He kept them John 15:10 and He is our example to follow. 1 John 2:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is why reading the scripture In context is so important. Law is a generic term and could mean the Ten Commandments or it could mean any of the laws of Moses.

Hebrew 7:18 is not referring to the Ten Commandments, it is referring to the law of the Levitical priesthood
The law administered by the Levitical priesthood was the law of the Old (Mosaic) Covenant.
That covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13), its laws abolished (Eph 2:15) and a New Covenant (Lk 22:20; Heb 8:13) and new law of Christ (1Co 9:21; Gal 6:1, Ro 13:8-10) inaugurated, which is one simple rule: Love of God and love of neighbor as yourself, both now written on the heart as promised in Heb 8:10.
That is the testimony of the NT word of God.

Some believe it, some don't.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law administered by the Levitical priesthood was the law of the Old (Mosaic) Covenant.
What is being referred to in Hebrews 7:18 the context is clear it is referring to the old Levitical Priesthood law found in the law of Moses when Jesus became our High Priest in the New Covenant.
That covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13)
Yes, the covenant is an agreement. The covenant (agreement) ended and there is a new covenant that God established based on better promises.
, its laws abolished (Eph 2:15) and a New Covenant (Lk 22:20; Heb 8:13)
Not all the law is abolished according to the very scripture you quoted.

Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

Not all laws are ordinances so not all the laws are abolished which goes against the very teachings of God and Jesus.

Nehemiah 9:13
“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments.

God writes His laws in the hearts and minds of His people in the New Covenant instead of abolishing His laws Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 10:16, Jeremiah 31:33
and new law of Christ (1Co 9:21; Gal 6:1, Ro 13:8-10) inaugurated, which is one simple rule: Love of God and love of neighbor as yourself, both now written on the heart as promised in Heb 8:10.
That is the testimony of the NT word of God.

Some believe it, some don't.
Love has always been the basis of keeping God's commandments and love to God is keeping His commandments, not breaking them. 1 John 5:3, John 14:15, Exodus 20:6.

We are blessed when we keep God's commandments right until His Second Coming, so I place my trust in the scriptures and nowhere in God's Word does it say we are free to break God's commandments- its a running theme throughout the entire bible to obey God through love and faith.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers (Breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3) and sexually immoral (breaking commandment #7 Exodus 20:14) and murderers (breaking commandment #6 Exodus 20:13) and idolaters (breaking commandment #2 Exodus 20:4-6), and whoever loves and practices a lie (breaking # 9 Exodus 20:16, 1 John 2:6). The commandments are a unit of Ten Exodus 34:28 written personally by God Exodus 31:18 that God placed together that no man can change.

Deut 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is being referred to in Hebrews 7:18 the context is clear it is referring to the old Levitical Priesthood law found in the law of Moses when Jesus became our High Priest in the New Covenant.
OT gloss. . .

Where do we find these "old Levitical Priesthood" laws in Scripture?

The law referred to in Heb 7:12 is "the former regulation set aside because it was weak and useless" of Heb 7:18, which is the Mosaic law of Ro 8:3.
The law referred to in Heb 7:12 is "the law which made nothing perfect" of Heb 7:18, which is the Mosaic law of Ro 3:20, Ro 7:7-8, Gal 3:1.
Not all the law is abolished according to the very scripture you quoted.

Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

Not all laws are ordinances so not all the laws are abolished which goes against the very teachings of God and Jesus.
More deliberate OT gloss. . .

The NT states (Eph 2:15) it is the law, with its commandments and ordinances (judgments, decrees), as in Col 2:14.

It's about the law. . .which is abolished
(Eph 2:15).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OT gloss. . .

Where do we find these "old Levitical Priesthood" laws in Scripture?

The law referred to in Heb 7:12 is "the former regulation set aside because it was weak and useless" which is the Mosaic law of Ro 8:3.
The law referred to in Heb 7:12 is "the law which made nothing perfect," which is the Mosaic law of Ro 3:20, Ro 7:7-8, Gal 3:1.
Perhaps the scripture in context will help...

Hebrews 7 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him. 11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Which law is being referred to? The priesthood, not God's commandments.

More deliberate OT gloss. . .

The NT states (Eph 2:15) it is the law, with its commandments and ordinances (judgments, decrees), as in Col
It says contained in ordinances not commandments and ordinances.

Nehemiah 9:13
“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments.

There is no scripture stating that the commandments of God has been abolished which is why we see the saints keeping them until the return of Jesus Christ Revelation 14:12, Revelation 22:14. There is someone who doesn't want us to keep God's commandments Revelation 12:17
2:14.

It's about the law. . .which is abolished.
It's about the law. . .which is abolished.

Did Jesus teach the commandments of God were abolished? I am going to stick with what Jesus followed and taught John 15:10. John 14:15, but we are given free will and I pray it works out for you and those you teach. Matthew 5:19

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps the scripture in context will help...
Hebrews 7 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Which law is being referred to? The priesthood, not God's commandments.
Nope. . .what is being referred to is the Mosaic law received under the Levitical priesthood, and which that priesthood administered under the Old Mosiac Covenant,
which is replaced with a New Covenant, with new and better promises, a new and better priesthood, and new and better law (Heb 6-10).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope. . .what is being referred to is the Mosaic law received under the Levitical priesthood, and which that priesthood administered under the Old Mosiac Covenant,
which is replaced with a New Covenant, with new and better promises, a new and better priesthood, and new and better law (Heb 6-10).
The scripture you posted does not say the New Covenant is a better law.

Hebrews 10:16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”

Hebrews 8:10
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God, and they will be my people.

There is nothing wrong with God's law- the law is perfect, holy and just and reflects God's character. The issue was not with the law or the reason for the New Covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is to important for those who profess Christ and such a eye opener not to share repeatedly.

Let's take a look at Matthew. From the KJV Chapter 24 speaks of the tribulation and also the Sabbath. In Matt 24:20-31 Jesus speaks of the Sabbath being kept BY HIS FOLLOWS (US) through the destruction of the Temple in 70AD up to His Second coming.

VERSES 20 THROUGH 31 TALK OF THIS. AND VERSE 20'S WARNING to pray THAT our FLIGHT DUE TO THE PERSECUTION NOT BE IN THE WINTER NOR OR THE SABBATH DAY IS CONNECTED TO THIS.

How do we know?

By His use of the words For, And, Then, For, Behold, Wherefore, For and and in verses 21- 31 where it states the Saints are gathered. All those words are connectives, they connect what is about to be said to what was previously said.

So Are the Apostles around today to experience the tribulation and see the second coming of our Lord?

Have the elect been gathered together?

No, so this warning to pray that our flight not be in the winter nor Sabbath Day IS FOR US ALSO or those who will be blessed to see that glorious day of His return when we the Saints are gathered together to be with the forever more AFTER the tribulation that is said to be like none before.

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Matt 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

He said that to Jews not knowing when it would take place.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Heb 8:9-12 sounds better to me.
Still doesn't say a better law or even a different law. God said it is "My laws" so its laws already established by God and Jeremiah 31:33 quotes the same New Covenant verbatim.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still doesn't say a better law or even a different law. God said it is "My laws" so its laws already established by God and Jeremiah 31:33 quotes the same New Covenant verbatim.
Ro 13:8-10 is clear.

Upvote 0