Jesus present in the Tabernacle and Acts ch. 7:48?

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you harmonize that Christ is present in the Tabernacle, and Acts 7:48 Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,

How is it Jesus dwells in the Tabernacle?

The name Jesus and Joshua are the same . This was mistranslated in the KJV . It should read Joshua as many newer versions do . With that said , it is one more proof that whereas Moses could not bring the children of Israel into the promised land , it was left for Joshua ( Jesus ) . Joshua was another foreshadow of Christ . ( Truly the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ . )

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The name Jesus and Joshua are the same . This was mistranslated in the KJV . It should read Joshua as many newer versions do . With that said , it is one more proof that whereas Moses could not bring the children of Israel into the promised land , it was left for Joshua ( Jesus ) . Joshua was another foreshadow of Christ . ( Truly the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ . )
I believe Joshua and Jesus had the same name in Greek and Latin (Ἰησοῦς and Iesus).

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes - or any Tabernacle located anywhere in a Church.

He is both in the Tabernacle and outside of space and time, being everywhere present and filling all things.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I'll take a swing a this, even though I'm a total newbie to Eastern perspective. Could one say His essence is in the Tabernacle and His energies fill all things everywhere?

And if that's just way off, I'm not surprised. I'm trying to pick up Eastern way of though without any Eastern parish for many, many miles - so just self study.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I'll take a swing a this, even though I'm a total newbie to Eastern perspective. Could one say His essence is in the Tabernacle and His energies fill all things everywhere?

And if that's just way off, I'm not surprised. I'm trying to pick up Eastern way of though without any Eastern parish for many, many miles - so just self study.

no, His Body is in the Tabernacle. His Divine Essence and Energies are spaceless and omnipresent.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say that the context of that passage "God does not dwell in houses made by hands" has more to do with the fact that God is not some creature who can be confined to a building, as many pagans might believe about their so-called gods.

God is everywhere. He is therefore also in the Tabernacle.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would say that the context of that passage "God does not dwell in houses made by hands" has more to do with the fact that God is not some creature who can be confined to a building, as many pagans might believe about their so-called gods.

God is everywhere. He is therefore also in the Tabernacle.

this.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe Joshua and Jesus had the same name in Greek and Latin (Ἰησοῦς and Iesus).
Yes . And in Hebrew , names had a meaning . Yeshua , Joshua , Jesus ...means God is salvation or salvation is of God . There was no J in Hebrew .

Upvote 0