Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.

Jesus prayed to the ONLY true God.
Jesus was sent by the ONLY true God.
Why is it a mission of yours to get everyone else to believe as you do on this topic? Is this all you are? This is like a broken record... that plays one song over and over and over again. So God called you from the womb to make sure He is defended and that everyone comes away with your understanding? The Word was God. God was manifested in flesh. His name is God with us. His is the Son who is also called the Everlasting Father. There is enough, more than enough... to come away believing that Yeshua is God. It is then between the servant and the MASTER not the servant and you... if God is not please with our decision to treat Yeshua as God then God can take care of it. He has thrived without you defending him since before you came into existence... He'll be ok!

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.

Jesus prayed to the ONLY true God.
Jesus was sent by the ONLY true God.
Thanks for sharing!

It is also written that the Buddha "is accomplished, fully enlightened, endowed with clear vision and virtuous conduct, sublime, knower of the worlds, the incomparable guide of men who are tractable, the teacher of gods and men, enlightened and blessed." - MN 7

• Informative
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why is it a mission of yours to get everyone else to believe as you do on this topic? Is this all you are? This is like a broken record... that plays one song over and over and over again. So God called you from the womb to make sure He is defended and that everyone comes away with your understanding? The Word was God. God was manifested in flesh. His name is God with us. His is the Son who is also called the Everlasting Father. There is enough, more than enough... to come away believing that Yeshua is God. It is then between the servant and the MASTER not the servant and you... if God is not please with our decision to treat Yeshua as God then God can take care of it. He has thrived without you defending him since before you came into existence... He'll be ok!
It sounds like your problem is that he pushes a theology different from your own.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rather than continue with your practice of personal attacks.... would you mind actually addressing the text?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing!

It is also written that the Buddha "is accomplished, fully enlightened, endowed with clear vision and virtuous conduct, sublime, knower of the worlds, the incomparable guide of men who are tractable, the teacher of gods and men, enlightened and blessed." - MN 7
This contradicts Jesus' words.
Do you believe Buddha is right, and Jesus is wrong?
If so, why?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rather than continue with your practice of personal attacks.... would you mind actually addressing the text?
I just did... I shared parts of 4 verses that a person can easily take as saying Yeshua is God. So perhaps that conclusion is wrong... perhaps it is correct. But each of us answer for ourselves, not to you. In another thread you recently said that "trinitarians" (the "ian" ending making it the PEOPLE not the doctrine) are "not my brothers." That means, if you consider yourself a Christian, you are saying that people who believe Yeshua is God are not. You have an agenda... I am not attacking you personally, I am simply pointing out that it exists. I won't bother posting in your thread again!

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like your problem is that he pushes a theology different from your own.
Nope... he has opening stated that people who believe Yeshua is God are not his brothers. If he considers himself a Christian, and those who believe Yeshua is God are not his brother... then he has stated openly (in another thread) that those people are not Christians.

I don't care what he believes... only that he not spread hate and division because people don't agree with his, minority, viewpoint. (and I am not a trinitarian, by the way)

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope... he has opening stated that people who believe Yeshua is God are not his brothers. If he considers himself a Christian, and those who believe Yeshua is God are not his brother... then he has stated openly (in another thread) that those people are not Christians.

I don't care what he believes... only that he not spread hate and division because people don't agree with his, minority, viewpoint. (and I am not a trinitarian, by the way)
I just did... I shared parts of 4 verses that a person can easily take as saying Yeshua is God. So perhaps that conclusion is wrong... perhaps it is correct. But each of us answer for ourselves, not to you. In another thread you recently said that "trinitarians" (the "ian" ending making it the PEOPLE not the doctrine) are "not my brothers." That means, if you consider yourself a Christian, you are saying that people who believe Yeshua is God are not. You have an agenda... I am not attacking you personally, I am simply pointing out that it exists. I won't bother posting in your thread again!
LOL .... you pretend that the trinitarian position is welcoming of MY beliefs??

English translation of the Athanasian Creed;

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence.

Do you have ANY knowledge of Church History?

Do you have ANY record of someone with MY beliefs, burning trinitarians at the stake?

I am sure you KNOW the trinitarians have persecuted those with MY beliefs for about 1,700 years!

And you would overlook that, and consider my statement that we are not brothers, as "hate"?

Sigh .... your personal attacks have zero grounds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
This contradicts Jesus' words.
Do you believe Buddha is right, and Jesus is wrong?
If so, why?
It is claimed in the Buddhist scriptures that there are beings who might sincerely believe that they have reached the pinnacle (reached "God" or in union with "God"), but are actually ignorant of even higher states. With that said, regarding this specific topic in relation to both the Christian and Buddhist scriptures - I do not directly know if either position is correct.

I do know for myself that other things which the Buddha taught are correct, having experienced them for myself. I have not directly known or have experienced anything Jesus taught for myself.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL .... you pretend that the trinitarian position is welcoming of MY beliefs??

English translation of the Athanasian Creed;

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence.

Do you have ANY knowledge of Church History?

Do you have ANY record of someone with MY beliefs, burning trinitarians at the stake?

I am sure you KNOW the trinitarians have persecuted those with MY beliefs for about 1,700 years!

And you would overlook that, and consider my statement that we are not brothers, as "hate"?

Sigh .... your personal attacks have zero grounds.
Listen "Dartman" (a user name to give the impression that people are aiming at you?) you claimed people are attacking your beliefs. You should just report them for violating forum policy not use those minority voices as a cry that you are being persecuted and as an excuse to dish it back!

There are... literally... hundreds of verses I can dump on you (and you will claim, "I have already seen all these") but you won't address them, you have already proven that. You have changed the subject in other threads on this topic when confronted with something you have no answer for... and then insist that anyone who doesn't hold your personal view is not a Christian. I am done... take care.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
It’s unfortunate when one’s religion is less of a love relationship with the Divine and more just a tool for debate.

And this before the marriage, goodess knows what it will be like after.^_^

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
AmbassadorEdit_zps1d2fca38.jpg

For others here discussing, I hope that others consider examining the Statement of Purpose for this forum, especially as it concerns certain things:

Christianity and World Religion Statement of Purpose

The Christianity and World Religion forum gives Christian members and members of non-Christian faiths the opportunity to come together to better understand, learn, and discuss different religious beliefs. This is also a place where these members can socialize with one another and develop friendships based on mutual respect. In an effort to maintain peace in this forum, only discussion and fellowship threads are allowed. Debate is not allowed in the C&WR forum. Civil and respectful conversation which seeks to understand or explain another religion is further explained below:
  • C&WR is considered an outreach ministry of CF because building relationships based on mutual respect is key to sharing the gospel of Christ.
  • Mutual respect means that members will not mock, degrade or belittle each others' religious beliefs, or make posts that are disruptive to the peace and harmony of the forum.
  • There will be no disrespect shown to Christianity, nor will there be any attempt to discredit or disprove Christianity.
  • Remember that CF is first and foremost a Christian site. Do not make posts which violate our sitewide blasphemy and promotion and proselytizing rules.

Proselytizing:
To induce or recruit someone to convert to or join a non-Christian religion.
Promotion: To encourage the progress, growth, or acceptance of a non-Christian religion.
  • Promotion includes posts which are invitational in context or give guidance in practicing a non-Christian religion.
  • All "Ask a [fill in the blank]" or "Why I am a [fill in the blank]" threads are considered promotion threads and will not be allowed. Out of respect, Christians will not make any "Ask a [fill in the blank]" or "Why I am a [fill in the blank]" threads either.

Specific Forum Guidelines:
  • Members may start threads which request information about another religion, but they may not start threads to promote their own religion.
  • Non-Christians may state their beliefs when asked as long as they are not encouraging others to convert to their faith.
  • Threads that are started to specifically challenge or attack the Christian faith are not allowed.
  • Christians should be aware that participation in this forum will expose them to non-Biblical beliefs and practices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
ADMIN HAT ON

This will remain closed. Please take note of this part of the SoP:

• Members may start threads which request information about another religion, but they may not start threads to promotetheir own religion.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.