Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Jesus is our Sanctification.

Reader....are you born again, or just water baptized and religious?

Jesus said..>"You must be born again"......and water can't do that for you.

So, when we are "In Christ", we are sanctified..... as Christ is our Sanctification.

1 Corinthians 1:30

And here is something that is very important to understand, or you'll end up trying to do works and sefl effort to be saved or to try to stay saved. And if that is your faith, then your faith in Christ is Broken.
Paul told us to "examine yourselves to be sure you are in the Faith".

2 Corinthians 13:5

Let me tell you how you do that....... Here is what you do to "examine yourself".

Ask yourself...:

"do i believe that Jesus always keeps me saved". ?.........and if your heart of faith says..>"of course"'....then you are in the faith.... You passed the Exam.

If However your heart of faith says.....>"well, only if i hold unto my faith........only if i keep Jesus's commandments......only if a keep the law........only if i DO SOMETHING THAT IS A SELF EFFORT like..... only if i keep confessing my sin and repenting">.

See that?... That is broken faith that does not Trust in Christ any longer.. That faith is SELF rightesouness, and you'll have a LIST of things you are doing to try to be saved or stay saved and you'll post your list, a lot, when discussing SALVATiON or "How do i go to Heaven".

Next.....

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
Our Salvation is not our Discipleship...

A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with their Discipleship, and that leads to Legalism, = "trying to stay saved by SELF effort".
However......They are not the same.
Salvation is God offering His forgiveness and righteousness to YOU, as Christ on the Cross... This is "the gift of salvation", and "the gift of righteousness".
Discipleship is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED by the Blood of Jesus as a Son/Daughter of God, -= Born again.

Discipleship has no effect on being "made Righteous', because JESUS is our entire sanctification, proven by the believer being "born again". "in Christ".
A born again believer has become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
The born again have recevied "the GIFT of righteousness"....as proven by the born again being "IN CHRIST". ... See reader, you could not have any SIN, and be "in Christ".

Here are 4 things you have to understand about your "sin"......if you are born again and not just water baptized and religious.

This is basic "Pauline Theology".....

1.) 2 Corinthians 5:19. """""God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.""""

2.) 2 Corinthians 5:21. """"God made Jesus who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

3.) Hebrews 10: 12. """But Jesus, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;""""

4.) Romans 4:8.. """Bless are the born again unto who God will not impute (charge) SIN"

The BORN AGAIN.... are "made righteous", so, we can't become more righteous, but we can exist in renewed mind perfection as a BELIEVER.
Paul says of those of us who are in that renewed mind.... .we are.." "as many as be Perfect"".

Also.....Spiritual Fruit coming out of you comes from the renewed mind, through Christ.
Committing "works of the Flesh" that leads to Confessing and repenting, comes out of the carnal "un-renewed" mind issue, through You.

To become "perfected", and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" is not found by doing deeds, its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again "NEW CREATION", made so by God Himself.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and = "without Faith it is mpossible to please God ""..... and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected spiritual understanding .
= THE renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and its not found by trying to be good, trying to be like Christ... and keep commandments....... Its THIS = Its to exist in revelation knowledge of who you have become as a "New Creation IN CHRIST"...., as then..... you are now existing in the renewed mind.

Reader, the "Helmet of Salvation" .....

Ephesians 6:11

= is LITERALLY the correct understanding of being "made righteous", having become "the righteousness of God in Christ"., as this is the "new Creation".
So.....If you dont have this piece of God's armor figured out and on your head as the "renewed Mind".... then DECEIVERS will get in your head and their false gospel and false theology will become your helmet. It will become your broken faith. Deception will become your Truth.
Or as Jesus told you, "be careful that the Light that is in you, is not DARKNESS"...

Luke 11:35

Last edited:

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-
So, when we are "In Christ", we are sanctified..... as Christ is our Sanctification.
And here is something that is very important to understand, or you'll end up trying to do works and sefl effort to be saved or to try to stay saved. And if that is your faith, then your faith in Christ is Broken.
Let me tell you how you do that....... Here is what you do to "examine yourself".
Ask yourself...:
"do i believe that Jesus always keeps me saved". ?.........and if your heart of faith says..>"of course"'....then you are in the faith.... You passed the Exam.
If However your heart of faith says.....>"well, only if i hold unto my faith........only if i keep Jesus's commandments......only if a keep the law........only if i DO SOMETHING THAT IS A SELF EFFORT like..... only if i keep confessing my sin and repenting">.
See that?... That is broken faith that does not Trust in Christ any longer.. That faith is SELF rightesouness, and you'll have a LIST of things you are doing to try to be saved or stay saved and you'll post your list, a lot, when discussing SALVATiON or "How do i go to Heaven".

Next.....

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.Our Salvation is not our Discipleship...A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with their Discipleship, and that leads to Legalism, = "trying to stay saved by SELF effort".
Salvation is God offering His forgiveness and righteousness to YOU, as Christ on the Cross... This is "the gift of salvation", and "the gift of righteousness".
Discipleship is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED by the Blood of Jesus as a Son/Daughter of God, -= Born again.
Discipleship has no effect on being "made Righteous', because JESUS is our entire sanctification, proven by the believer being "born again". "in Christ".
The born again have recevied "the GIFT of righteousness"....as proven by the born again being "IN CHRIST". ... See reader, you could not have any SIN, and be "in Christ".
Here are 4 things you have to understand about your "sin"......if you are born again and not just water baptized and religious.
1.) 2 Corinthians 5:19. """""God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.""""
2.) 2 Corinthians 5:21. """"God made Jesus who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
3.) Hebrews 10: 12. """But Jesus, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;""""
4.) Romans 4:8.. """Bless are the born again unto who God will not impute (charge) SIN"
The BORN AGAIN.... are "made righteous", so, we can't become more righteous, but we can exist in renewed mind perfection as a BELIEVER. Paul says of those of us who are in that renewed mind.... .we are.." "as many as be Perfect"".
Also.....Spiritual Fruit coming out of you comes from the renewed mind, through Christ.
Committing "works of the Flesh" that leads to Confessing and repenting, comes out of the carnal "un-renewed" mind issue, through You.
To become "perfected", and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" is not found by doing deeds, its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again "NEW CREATION", made so by God Himself. Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and it is "without Faith it is mpossible to please God ""..... and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected understanding = THE renewed MIND..That is the REAL walk of Faith, is not trying to be good, and keep commandments.......Its THIS.......its to exist in revelation knowledge of who you have become as a "New Creation IN CHRIST"...., as then..... you are now existing in the renewed mind.
Reader, the "Helmet of Salvation" is LITERALLY the correct understanding of being "made righteous", or having become "the righteousness of God in Christ"., as this is the "new Creation".
So.....If you dont have this piece of God's armor figured out and on your head as the "renewed Mind".... then DECEIVERS will get in your head and their false gospel and false theology will become your helmet. It will become your broken faith. Deception will become your Truth.
Or as Jesus told you, "be careful that the Light that is in you, is not DARKNESS"...Luke 11:35
There is still work to be done which God works in us both to will and to do (Php 2:13),
an obedience to the one Christian rule--love of God and neighbor as self (Ro 13:8-9),
which leads to righteousness leading to holiness (Ro 6:16, Ro 6:19).

Last edited:
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is still work to be done which God works in us both to will and to do (Php 2:13),
an obedience to the one Christian rule--love of God and neighbor as self (Ro 13:8-9),

The work we do cannot equal the Righeousness of God...... not ever, as this is just our "presenting our body a living sacrifice".

You can do that and keep commandments, and the law, and love your neighbor........ and not be saved.

The born again are "made righteous", instantly based on 'the Gift of Rightousness". being imputed..
we are not lead to it, we dont achieve it..... we already have it....."its the Gift of Rigteousness". its "imputed righteousness".

If you are not born again, you can keep the "Christian Rule, love thy neighbor" and die and go to hell, as keeping a rule does not save you.

ONLY Jesus saves you, or you dont go to heaven,...... and our works need not apply for that position.

We can't become more righteousns by doing deeds then to have already become "the righteousness of God in Christ".

We are SAVED... to do good works., because we have been "made righteous". = Already.

"SAVED " .... "born again".....is to become "one with God"....>"in Christ""""" "made Righteous".... and now that this has happened, we "present our bodies and "keep that golden rule"......but we dont do this to become more Holy, as you can't become more Holy or Righteous then having been "made Righteous".
Being "IN CHRIST" proves you are the same Righteosness, or you would not be allowed to be "in Christ".

The Cross........is a '"divine exchange"......whereby "God made Jesus to be your sin", and You, become born again, as a"" New Creation in Christ."
You can't become more righteous then to exist "in Christ", and you get that the instant you are born again.
How?
Its the ""GIFT OF Righteousness", that has made you "the righteousness of God, in Christ"..... if you are born again.

This is "the GIFT of SALVATiON". and being born again proves you have it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
To receive God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation and be born again and become a permanent child of God. All a person needs to do is to believe in Jesus The promised Messiah.

What does it mean to believe in Jesus. To believe He is the only begotten Son of God, The Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh, that He Jesus is The resurrection and The Life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
To receive God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation and be born again and become a permanent child of God. All a person needs to do is to believe in Jesus The promised Messiah.

Im glad you stated that receiving God's Free Gift of Salvation, produces ..."a permanent child of God".

Getting a believer, in these end times, to understand that Jesus is their Salvation, and its not something they DO....... is more difficult to get them to understand, then it was 10 yrs ago.
This world has become so "anti-Cross", that even most of the Believers are ... "Yeah, i know that Jesus saved me, but let me tell you what i have to DO NOW, so that i can stay saved".....and "here is my list".
... that its a rare thing to find that believers understand that Jesus is Salvation and not their deeds, works, or water.

Being Born again, is as permanent as God's existance, as being born again is to be spirtually joined to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Im glad you stated that receiving God's Free Gift of Salvation, produces ..."a permanent child of God".

Getting a believer, in these end times, to understand that Jesus is their Salvation, and its not something they DO....... is more difficult to get them to understand, then it was 10 yrs ago.
This world has become so "anti-Cross", that even most of the Believers are ... "Yeah, i know that Jesus saved me, but let me tell you what i have to DO NOW, so that i can stay saved".....and "here is my list".
... that its a rare thing to find that believers understand that Jesus is Salvation and not their deeds, works, or water.

Being Born again, is as permanent as God's existance, as being born again is to be spirtually joined to God.
-​
Yes it is sad many do not believe this. As John 5:24 states a believer at the moment of faith crosses over from death to life. And there is no verse stating a believer or a fallen away believer, can cross back over from life to death, by any bad actions they do.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Clare73 said:

The work we do cannot equal the Righeousness of God...... not ever, as this is just our "presenting our body a living sacrifice".
Interesting you would take what @Clare73 said to imply that our work would "equal the Righeousness of God". She didn't begin to say such a thing, nor does she think that. In fact, her very point is that even what we do in obedience is caused to be so by God, who works in us both to will and to do according to his good pleasure, and that obedience is to the one Christian rule—love of God and neighbor as self, which leads to righteousness leading to holiness —all of it the work of God in us. (Php 2:13) (Ro 13:8-9) (Ro 6:16, Ro 6:19).

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clare73 said:
T

Interesting you would take what @Clare73 said to imply that our work would "equal the Righeousness of God". She didn't begin to say such a thing,

When a person comes to God, through the Cross of Chirst, as this is the only way God will take you and accept you, ..... .its based on Jessu's Sacrifice, then YOU and Clare73 came to God like this..

"while we were YET SINNERS"........Christ died for us.."""

See that?

We come to God, as "un-godly" and God takes that Cross and that Blood and that Life of Jesus and forgives your sin, and then he imputs righteousness to you..... as "The Gift of Righteousness".

See that? That is the only "righteousness' you'll ever have, as you were a hell bound sinner, ungodly, until God made you CLEAN by the Cross of Christ.

That is the Blood Atonement, that does that "redeeming".

After that, what you do, how you live, your behavior, is nothing as compared to HOW GOD just resolved your sin.

We can't later become righteous, as we are born again that way, already.

So, any teaching that is trying to teach that by our behavior we can later GAIN what God has given already, is not related to Salvation, or Truth, or the NT or Paul's Epistles.

Most of the time, when someone is posting.....>"if i do this, i am righteous", they are not trusting in Christ as their REDEMPITION, and they are trying prove THEIR OWN Righteousness, and that is impossible to prove, as a saved sinner does not have any Righteousness, unless God gives it to them, as "The Gift of Righteousness".

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​
Yes it is sad many do not believe this. As John 5:24 states a believer at the moment of faith crosses over from death to life. And there is no verse stating a believer or a fallen away believer, can cross back over from life to death, by any bad actions they do.

God saved us while we are "ungodly" and "yet sinners".

So, as God has accepted us like that, based on the CROSS< then if we are not perfect later, ... we rejoice that God saved us while we were "Yet sinners".

"Jesus came into the world to save : SINNERS"< and we all quailifed.

God ONLY accepts us based on the Cross of Christ, and that is the GOOD NEWS..... as if He accepted us based on our behaivor, then Hell would be full of us all, and Heaven would never know us for Eternity.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
When a person comes to God, through the Cross of Chirst, as this is the only way God will take you and accept you, ..... .its based on Jessu's Sacrifice, then YOU and Clare73 came to God like this..

"while we were YET SINNERS"........Christ died for us.."""

See that?

We come to God, as "un-godly" and God takes that Cross and that Blood and that Life of Jesus and forgives your sin, and then he imputs righteousness to you..... as "The Gift of Righteousness".

See that? That is the only "righteousness' you'll ever have, as you were a hell bound sinner, ungodly, until God made you CLEAN by the Cross of Christ.

That is the Blood Atonement, that does that "redeeming".

After that, what you do, how you live, your behavior, is nothing as compared to HOW GOD just resolved your sin.

We can't later become righteous, as we are born again that way, already.

So, any teaching that is trying to teach that by our behavior we can later GAIN what God has given already, is not related to Salvation, or Truth, or the NT or Paul's Epistles.

Most of the time, when someone is posting.....>"if i do this, i am righteous", they are not trusting in Christ as their REDEMPITION, and they are trying prove THEIR OWN Righteousness, and that is impossible to prove, as a saved sinner does not have any Righteousness, unless God gives it to them, as "The Gift of Righteousness".
Well-described gospel of works. WE unable sinners, at enmity with God, come to God, by your gospel, and everything else, more or less, is of Grace —just not that little self-determining decision. Your kind of faith is not only self-made, which the Bible says it is not, but your capability to come to God is also of self, while at enmity with God.

As for @Clare73 , once again, she is not saying that if I do this it makes me righteous, she is not saying that a saved sinner has any righteousness that God did not give them, she is not saying the redeemed are trying to prove their own righteousness. She is not teaching that any can GAIN righteousness by anything they do. This is amazing that you continue to push her into this little spot in your mind and can't see her in any other way. —Is that perhaps, projection? After all, you do seem to think that faith is generated by the believer, and not by the Spirit of God.

Maybe you can show me where Clare said, and I quote your quoting: "'if i do this, i am righteous'". She didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well-described gospel of works. WE unable sinners, at enmity with God, come to God, by your gospel, and everything else, more or less, is of Grace —just not that little self-determining decision. Your kind of faith is not only self-made,

Here is Paul's Theology, that i teach.

Christ said........"If i be lifted up (on the Cross) I will Draw ALL people to me".

"The work of God is that you BELIEVE in Jesus, whom God sent"..

"All that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saveed".

""""to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."""

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God""

Jesus said. "All that believe in me, I give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall never perish".

Now, what is the common denomiator within all those verses?

Its this.

"FAITH comes by HEARING the Gospel"....... and all of those verses are the Gospel.

You have to hear it, to BELIEVE IT.

The heretic Calvin teaches that you are forced to believe, having been predestined, so no free will is required, no BELIEVEING is required.

So, compare Paul's Gospel to Calvin's Cross denying heresy.

• Agree
Reactions: Rapture Bound
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well-described gospel of works. WE unable sinners, at enmity with God, come to God, by your gospel, and everything else, more or less, is of Grace —just not that little self-determining decision. Your kind of faith is not only self-made, which the Bible says it is not, but your capability to come to God is also of self, while at enmity with God.

As for @Clare73 , once again, she is not saying that if I do this it makes me righteous, she is not saying that a saved sinner has any righteousness that God did not give them, she is not saying the redeemed are trying to prove their own righteousness. She is not teaching that any can GAIN righteousness by anything they do. This is amazing that you continue to push her into this little spot in your mind and can't see her in any other way. —Is that perhaps, projection? After all, you do seem to think that faith is generated by the believer, and not by the Spirit of God.

Maybe you can show me where Clare said, and I quote your quoting: "'if i do this, i am righteous'". She didn't.

Consider that my Thread is giving all credit due Jesus, for saving us and keeping us saved.
How does that happen?

Its because Jesus is our Salvation......, and God has given us "the Gift of Rightousness", based on The finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

So, if someone comes to my Thread and says...>"we have to love our Neighbor as ourselves, to get our Rightoueness and Holiness" then they have just given you a work to do, a SELF EFFORT... in place of what God has already proved to all the born again, as "the Gift of Rightouesness".

Do you see it yet?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Here is Paul's Theology, that i teach.

Christ said........"If i be lifted up (on the Cross) I will Draw ALL people to me".

"The work of God is that you BELIEVE in Jesus, whom God sent"..

"All that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saveed".

""""to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."""

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God""

Jesus said. "All that believe in me, I give unto them Eternal Life, and they shall never perish".

Now, what is the common denomiator within all those verses?

Its this.

"FAITH comes by HEARING the Gospel"....... and all of those verses are the Gospel.

You have to hear it, to BELIEVE IT.

The heretic Calvin teaches that you are forced to believe, having been predestined, so no free will is required, no BELIEVEING is required.

So, compare Paul's Gospel to Calvin's Cross denying heresy.
Non-answer. But since when did Calvin (or Clare or I) deny that faith comes by hearing the Gospel. But your notion is that the faith comes by Man's act, not God's work in man.

And, as usual, non-answer concerning @Clare73 . Let's try this again: "Maybe you can show me where Clare said, and I quote your quoting: "'if i do this, i am righteous'". She didn't."

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
-

Ask yourself...:

Next.....

Our Discipleship, is not our sanctification, its only our discipleship.
Our Salvation is not our Discipleship...

A lot of Christians confuse Salvation with their Discipleship, and that leads to Legalism, = "trying to stay saved by SELF effort".

The BORN AGAIN.... are "made righteous", so, we can't become more righteous, but we can exist in renewed mind perfection as a BELIEVER.
Paul says of those of us who are in that renewed mind.... .we are.." "as many as be Perfect"".

To become "perfected", and exist as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" is not found by doing deeds, its only found by having a perfectly renewed Mind that always and only reflects God's perspective of who we are as a born again "NEW CREATION", made so by God Himself.

Notice that the NT teaches you that you please God by "faith", and = "without Faith it is mpossible to please God ""..... and that faith isn't deeds and works...but rather its found in perfected spiritual understanding .
= THE renewed MIND.
That is the REAL walk of Faith, and its not found by trying to be good, trying to be like Christ... and keep commandments....... Its THIS = Its to exist in revelation knowledge of who you have become as a "New Creation IN CHRIST"...., as then..... you are now existing in the renewed mind.

Reader, the "Helmet of Salvation" .....

Ephesians 6:11

= is LITERALLY the correct understanding of being "made righteous", having become "the righteousness of God in Christ"., as this is the "new Creation".
Or as Jesus told you, "be careful that the Light that is in you, is not DARKNESS"...

Luke 11:35
The way to have faith in God is by trusting in His nature to correctly divide between right and wrong rather than leaning on our own understanding, and God's law is His instruction for how to do that (Proverbs 3:1-6). The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact image of God's nature (Hebrews 1:3), so he expressed God's nature through setting a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to God's law, and our sanctification is about being made to be like him through partaking in his nature by following his example through faith.

Self-effort does not rely on anyone else, so it is not self-effort to obediently rely on what God has instructed, but rather rather that is the way to have faith in God. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so while we are not saved as the result of obeying it, living in obedience to it is nevertheless intrinsically the content of the gift of Jesus saving us from not living in obedience to it. For example, honoring our parents is intrinsically part of the concept of Jesus saving us from not honoring our parents.

Someone having a character trait is intrinsically part of being someone who chooses to take actions that express that character trait, so to say that God is righteous is to say that He choose to take actions that express righteousness, and it would be in accurate to say that God is righteous if that were not the case, so the gift of becoming righteous is intrinsically the gift of becoming someone who chooses to do what is righteous. Jesus expressed the righteousness of God by living in obedience to God's law, so that is also the way that we become when we become the righteousness of God. While we do not become righteous as the result of obeying God's law, becoming in obedience to it is nevertheless intrinsically part of what it means to become righteous.

In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law are not children of God. In 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked, which is in obedience to God's law. In Revelation 14:12, those who kept faith in Jesus are the same as those who kept God's commandments. In Ephesians 2:10 we are new creations in Christ do good works. In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, in Psalms 119:160, the sum of God's word is truth, and in Psalms 119:105, God's word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law are not children of God. In 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked,

When a person FIRST comes to God, through Christ, they are a sinner, hell bound.
They have done nothing for God. The have only spent their lives living for sin.
And God takes this sinful life, and this sinner and forgives and restores them unto Himself., (Born again) and YET, they have done nothing for Him, to deserve it.
This is the GIFT of Salvation.
THis is the GRACE of God
Its igiven to a SINNER and they become a Son/Daughter of God., ONLY based on The Cross.

Later, the heretics come this new believer and teach them that that Free Gift, now has to be earned so that they can keep it.

This is always the case, and many are deceived thereby, and end up teaching that "works of obedience, and commandment keeping, and other types of self effert are now REQUIRED so that Salvation Can be maintained by THEM.

Yet, God saved them while they were yet a sinnner.

So, reader, be wary of these who have left the Cross behind and now only talk about works to stay saved, and obedience to stay saved.
These people are deceived and are no longer a part of the Cross, as they have replace it with SELF righteousness., and they'll have you doing that also, unless you learn to spot these SELF Righteous Cross deniers.... who are "fallen from Grace",... or they were never saved at all, and are just Religious and able to post bible verses that deny the Blood Atonement and refuse to Give Jesus all the Credit due Him ALONE for saving them and keeping them saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When a person FIRST comes to God, through Christ, they are a sinner, hell bound.
They have done nothing for God. The have only spent their lives living for sin.
And God takes this sinful life, and this sinner and forgives and restores them unto Himself., (Born again) and YET, they have done nothing for Him, to deserve it.
This is the GIFT of Salvation.
THis is the GRACE of God
Its igiven to a SINNER and they become a Son/Daughter of God., ONLY based on The Cross.

Later, the heretics come this new believer and teach them that that Free Gift, now has to be earned so that they can keep it.

This is always the case, and many are deceived thereby, and end up teaching that "works of obedience, and commandment keeping, and other types of self effert are now REQUIRED so that Salvation Can be maintained by THEM.

Yet, God saved them while they were yet a sinnner.

So, reader, be wary of these who have left the Cross behind and now only talk about works to stay saved, and obedience to stay saved.
These people are deceived and are no longer a part of the Cross, as they have replace it with SELF righteousness., and they'll have you doing that also, unless you learn to spot these SELF Righteous Cross deniers.... who are "fallen from Grace",... or they were never saved at all, and are just Religious and able to post bible verses that deny the Blood Atonement and refuse to Give Jesus all the Credit due Him ALONE for saving them and keeping them saved.
The content of a gift can itself be the experience of doing something, such as giving someone the opportunity to drive a Ferrari for an hour, where, were doing the work of driving it does nothing to earn the gift even through receiving the gift requires them to drive it. In a similar manner, God's gift of eternal life is the experiencing of knowing Him and Jesus, and the gift of His law is His instructions for how to have that experience, not for how to earn eternal life as a wage. In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the goal of God's law is to teach us how to know God and Jesus, which is the gift of eternal life.

In Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so this is the grace of God and being trained by God to do these works is itself the content of His gift of salvation. Furthermore, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people who are zealous for doing good works, so being zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the is as much of part of the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross as is having our sins forgiven (Acts 21:20).

Christ is God's word made flesh, so it is incorrect for you to consider living in obedience to God's words being separate from coming to Christ. Likewise, in 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law are not born again, so they can't be separated.

I have never spoken in favor of earning our salvation or of earning God's gift in order to keep it, or that self-effort is required in order to maintain our salvation, about not accepting the cross, or about self-righteousness, or against giving Jesus all of the credit, so you are simply not listening to what I am saying and are not allowing what I am saying to stop you from continuing to abuse Galatians 5:4.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly,

Soyeong.

The Cross does not require you to bring your goodness to it.........it just required you to bring your sin., so that God could forgive it all, and make you His Own "new Creation" through Christ's sacrifice.

What you are explaining, is how you are to behave.. what you are to do....AFTER you are saved. = "present your body a living sacrifice".

Be careful that you do not require God to change the Cross so that you can perform your self effort in place of Jesus's Blood and Death and Sacrifice to be saved and stay saved., as that is Legalism.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Non-answer. But since when did Calvin (or Clare or I) deny that faith comes by hearing the Gospel. But your notion is that the faith comes by Man's act, not God's work in man.

Never teach...

"God saved me by my faith, and now i have to be obedient, do works, get water baptized, keep commandments, and the law, to Keep Myself Saved".

Let me show you something.

Here is the Devil's Gospel.

"yes, Jesus saved you, but now you have to do these other things, to stay saved, to prove righteousness, to go to heaven".

Don't be that one, Mark.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟119,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Like Clare and Mark previously posted you are misrepresenting the "works" of a mature 'born again' Christian. "Works" inspired by the guidance of the Holy Spirit that glorifies the Lord, not man. The evidence being the recipents of such "works" will praise the Lord knowing that 'Work' was due to the insturction and guidance of the Holy Spirit in the life of a "Faithful" born again Christian.

You misinterpret Mark and Clare and possibly James 2:14-26 ...

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.​
18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.​
24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

The problem with your teaching as good as it sounds often results with lots of misguided nominal Christians. Even so even seeker-sensitive pastors will have community service project 'works' for church members. However, your teaching comes acroos as if their faith is the only 'work' they need to maintain.

Your teaching is a very popular today in 21st Century Christianity. So being in the majority you must be right. Also no need for you to even attempt to give us your interpretation of James 2:14-26 as there is more than a 50/50 chance it's another misrepresentation of HIS Word as inspired by the Holy Spirit. Yes, that's right ... inspired by the Holy Spirit are the true "works" to which James refers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟133,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Calvinist Doctrine of Total Inability For Calvinists who believe we are unable sinners and who wish to promote a doctrine of Total Inability, there is good and bad news. The good news is that it really is a doctrine found in the Bible. The bad news is that it reflects the doctrine of unrepentant Israel, which doctrine, God repudiated:

Jeremiah 18:11-13: “‘So now then, speak to the men of Judah and against the inhabitants of Jerusalem saying, “Thus says the Lord, ‘Behold, I am fashioning calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh turn back, each of you from his evil way, and reform your ways and your deeds.’” But they will say, “It’s hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart.” Therefore thus says the Lord, “Ask now among the nations, who ever heard the like of this? The virgin of Israel has done a most appalling thing.”’”​

Calvinists conflate Faith with Works This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of works and faith. Again, “works” speak of our own merit, while faith in someone else to save us, speaks of the merit of the one in whom we are placing our trust. So, when we place our faith in Christ, we are not adding to our own merits. We are not building up our own value. Faith in Christ, instead, points to someone else’s merits, who saves us solely by His choice to show grace toward anyone who puts their trust in Him.

Peter promises forgiveness of sins and receipt of the gift of the Holy Spirit (i.e. salvation) to those who respond to the Gospel message in repentance and baptism (Acts 2:38-39). So we can take that to the bank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0