Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Be open to the possibility of God. Then, try to never do harm to yourself or anyone or anything around you in a completely selfless manner (especially dont do this to feed your ego, but consider yourself capable of all evil). Confess basolutely everything you do that you consider has even the slightest possibility of being wrong with someone who can be trusted when you mess up (even unintentional things) so that you are forced to face the reality of your character flaws for what they are. When you find that you cannot do this perfectly, and you know it in your gut, then ask God for help, and you will find Him.

Even if you don't find God but succeed in this way of living a little, this will build your character, make you useful and caring to the people around you, make you approachable by those who need help since you wont be judgemental, and more at peace with yourself as you wont have any guilt for what you've done haning over your head.

You and tuck seem to be of the opinion I have not done this.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You and tuck seem to be of the opinion I have not done this.

Well there's a rather handy clause in there, used by many Christians, which is that if it doesn't work you didn't try hard enough. It's convenient, isn't it? Obviously my struggles with my faith where just not hard enough.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well there's a rather handy clause in there, used by many Christians, which is that if it doesn't work you didn't try hard enough. It's convenient, isn't it? Obviously my struggles with my faith where just not hard enough.

Exactly. Those who would like for me to give credence to their own personal experiences would do well to pay a little respect to mine.

Upvote 0